“Mill House Inn - Excellent Staff and Best Breakfast”
Review of The Mill House Inn

and 1 more site!
The Mill House Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Trebarwith B&B and Inns
Camberley, United Kingdom
“Mill House Inn - Excellent Staff and Best Breakfast”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

We booked late in the day and were pleased to get a room for the night. The room was bright, a long room with en-suite at one end. Bottled water, packs of biscuits and plenty on tea, coffee and hot chocolate in the room. Local beers in the bar. I did sample the Tintagel beer. Very good.
The staff were professional and very courteous. Nothing was too much. They were all very friendly and had one interest at heart - to ensure you had the best experience of staying at this Inn.They succeeded.
Breakfast next day was perfectly set out on the plate, presentation or taste - both scored 10.
On the breakfast we decided to stay another 2 days and visited places nearby such as Lanhydrock (National Trust), Boscastle and Tintagel to name just a few.
I had a problem one night with my remote for the car and the owner recommended a garage near Camelford to get it sorted. Which they did quickly. I do not think I have stayed in a hotel recently where customer service has been so good. They have another sister Inn called The Slipway, in Port Issac. I think we will visit there next time we are in the area. A very big thank you to Mill House Inn and all their staff. No, I am not related to anyone there, just pleased to visit for 3 nights.
I would recommend this as a place to stay and WILL revisit it myself.

Room Tip: The road down to the inn is a bit steep. From tintagel it is quite narrow in places. If you carry on...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Marlow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

The Mill House is the ideal base for a Cornwall escape. The food, service, accommodation and atmosphere were all brilliant. We spent 3 nights in room 10 (superior room) which was well appointed with a lovely large bathroom and corner bath. It is a quaint, cosy, small hotel with clean, homely, comfortable rooms and fantastic staff.
The pub/restaurant that is attached to the hotel serves fantastic food and local beer, we ate/drank there every evening and enjoyed gorgeous meals every time.
I Would absolutely recommend The Mill House and we'll certainly return in the summer to take advantage of its location just 10 minutes walk from the beach.
Thanks to the whole Mill House team, we really loved our stay.

• Stayed January 2014
hampshire
Reviewed 23 March 2014

My partner and I spent three days in Cornwall the first at the llanwroc st Austell the second at the mill house and the third at the Penzance hotel, Penzance. All three for dinner bed and breakfast with two drinks from the bar cost roughly the same.
The management from the mill house could do with visiting either of the other two immaculate and beautifully run establishments to see what, at the prices charged they should be offering. On arriving at the mill house I was dismayed at how tired and grubby the reception looked, our room (no10) was equally as tired and grubby there was mould on the ceiling and around the window of the bathroom the bath panel did not fit and there was paint peeling from the bedroom ceiling. other than a large bottle of hand wash no toiletries were available not even a plastic cup to rinse after brushing your teeth, things I would have thought to be a basic requirement in a room charged at £90 low season. The bed was clean and comfortable however. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was ok but only really pub food quality at restaurant prices. Overall extremely disappointed, would not stay again.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank gosportgirlHampshire
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2014

After looking online for somewhere to stay near Tintagel at short notice, I came across the Mill House Inn and, despite some poor reviews amongst some good ones, decided to book 2 nights stay, hoping the rooms couldn't be as poor as some reviews suggested . The location and the building itself are great, however stepping into reception, my first impressions was that it was pretty tired and shabby looking, and I was hoping this wasn't an indicator of the room . I was escorted through an equally tatty and uninviting corridor to room number 6. The room itself was quite small ,ok for a single traveler like me, but would have been a squeeze for a couple .The room shocked me really . No tasteful wallpaper, just what looked like lining paper , painted a magnolia, and cupboards / doors painted white . Very little colour to the room other than 2 bed cushions and a couple of old , tired pictures on the wall . The bedside cabinets were worn and very shabby , the lining paper was coming off the wall by the ceiling in one corner, and badly creased in other corners . The lampshades were discoloured from the light bulbs . and also stained The bathroom looked recently refurbished, however the sealant around the sink was coming off, and the whole sink moved , and the sealant / grouting in the shower between the tiles was untidy and discoloured. The good points were the bed was comfortable, the shower hot and the breakfast decent, but to offer a room in such poor condition and with very little, if any , real quality is a bit bewildering . Its a shame really, because this place could be so much better with some basic attention to a bit more quality to the reception and room, basic running repairs and some tasteful decor, but it appears from the room i was given that this isn't high on the hotels agenda .The whole feel of the accommodation felt more like a hostel to me,rather than a 4 star establishment, This room was offered (low season) at £75 a night, which I think is very pricey considering the issues i experienced To my mind this accommodation would probably be adequate for travelers looking for a quick nights stop over after a long day maybe, but for an extended stay, I'm afraid this hotel accommodation didn't live up to its 4 star billing for me.- I wont be staying again, very disappointing.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Marlborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We celebrated my mum's 80th birthday here and took over the place for one night. Our party included two children under the age of ten and a puppy and all were made very welcome. The family room was excellent as it offered separate but joined sleeping accommodation for kids and parents. The superior double rooms were lovely and the food (and breakfasts) was excellent. Mark the owner gave us personal attention and we all enjoyed a memorable family celebration. I'm sure most of the party will be returning at some point in the future. Lovely old building, with tons of character and great location for beach and walks.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are above the bar so ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Heather s
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Second visit for evening meal and it hasn't improved, except that this time it was out of season and the restaurant was not full of noisy children. Food still mediocre and hugely overpriced for what it is .... pub grub at upmarket restaurant prices. Drinks expensive. Not recommended - you can do far better for a local meal than at the Mill House.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Taunton
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We had a 2 night stay using a Groupon Voucher and we thoroughly enjoyed our time there. The setting was perfect, our room was spacious and comfortable and the bathroom was amazing..it was huge! It was very quiet when we stayed there. We ate in the restaurant for one evening and the food was lovely. We had the Thursday special which was two steaks for £20 and they were both beautifully cooked steaks. Lovely dining area and log burner in the bar was a delight to sit in front of with a glass of mulled wine...Drinks are pricey. Breakfast was very tasty and the staff were very polite. Would definitely stay there again altho I can imagine it gets very busy in the warmer months.

Room Tip: Ask for one not above the bar, it could be noisy when they have a band in! For quiet, ours was up th...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trebarwith
Camelot Castle Hotel
#2 of 24 in Tintagel
The Penallick B & B
The Penallick B & B
#11 of 24 in Tintagel

Been to The Mill House Inn? Share your experiences!