We stayed there for 1 evening in march for a last minute weekend away for my husbands birthday and although we only live in the west of cornwall seemed very pleasant place with walking off the road just behind the pub, it was a central point for padstow and wadebridge if you dont want to be in the heart of the towns.
The pub is traditional with wood burning stoves which we took full advantage of when we had our evening meal. The evening meal was fanfastic the food was well cooked and lots of it. Our room(no. 5) was very modern with four poster bed and was clean, warm & very cosy we had your own access through a back door which meant we could come & go when the pub was closed, the heating was brilliant in the room the bed was very comfortable to sleep in and although you are close to the road, didn't hear it. The morning we had breakfast this also was excellent with lots of cereals to choose as well as cooked breakfast.
It was very quiet and nice.
There was pool room and darts room if this is something that you like participating in and although the darts room was a little cold but expect that in a traditional old pub, we couldn't fault anything else and would definately return again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Country Inn, slate floors, fires, real ales, fresh food and luxury en-suite letting rooms. Accommodation includes full english breakfast. Evening meals also available 6pm to 9pm daily. Situated on the A39 between Wadebridge and St Columb Major. Wadebridge 4.3 miles, Padstow 7.6 miles, Newquay 12.1 miles, St Columb Major 5.8 miles and Newquay Airport 8.9 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Halfway House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halfway House Hotel Wadebridge
- Halfway House Inn St Issey, Cornwall