We booked at short notice and were not sure what we would find.. The 'last room' - number 6 - was small, clean, warm and has a great shower. The towels and bedlinen reminded us of smart chain hotels, and when we checked in Lesley the landlady was keen to explain that we had the 'dog stay' room, just in case there were any odours. There were not!
Because of the gale blowing outside we opted to eat in the pub. Great food and surprising quality and value too.
Breakfast was a treat; we had a full English and smoked salmon with poached eggs. Yummy.
If you want to know anything about the local area, best places to park, local routes, times of tides or seasonal events - just ask Lesley...
We will return , but book further ahead for an inside room' or even bring the dog as this is a great base for walking and exploring Cornwall.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Country Inn, slate floors, fires, real ales, fresh food and luxury en-suite letting rooms. Accommodation includes full english breakfast. Evening meals also available 6pm to 9pm daily. Situated on the A39 between Wadebridge and St Columb Major. Wadebridge 4.3 miles, Padstow 7.6 miles, Newquay 12.1 miles, St Columb Major 5.8 miles and Newquay Airport 8.9 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Halfway House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halfway House Hotel Wadebridge
- Halfway House Inn St Issey, Cornwall