My wife and I have just spent 2 nights at the Halfway House.
On arrival, before we got out of the car, we were greeted by an untethered Staffordshire Bull Terrier type dog that appeared to belong to the owner and was present throughout our stay.
Some people, who do not know the animal, may find its presence intimidating.
Once inside the building we were greeted by the owner who stated that they had only been resident for 4 weeks.
The room (no.3) was very nice with patio doors looking out towards the sea (in the far distance) and offering access to the room without going through the pub. The free wifi was very welcome and the beds were comfortable.
The outside of the pub, particularly the rear (outside of the rooms patio doors) was down at heel and very scruffy with litter in gardens.
The breakfasts were ok in parts but not wholly satisfactory with some of the cooked components having the appearance and texture of being reheated from previous days. The worst example being the scrambled egg served to my wife on the second day which had the texture of rubber and being of a dirty yellow/grey colour. This was sent back and replaced to a satisfactory standard but we received no apology. We cannot comment on lunch time or evening meals as the quality of the breakfasts made us look elsewhere.
There is potential here but the food needs to improve and the outside needs to be much better presented.
We could not recommend this establishment at the moment (Aug 2014).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional Country Inn, slate floors, fires, real ales, fresh food and luxury en-suite letting rooms. Accommodation includes full english breakfast. Evening meals also available 6pm to 9pm daily. Situated on the A39 between Wadebridge and St Columb Major. Wadebridge 4.3 miles, Padstow 7.6 miles, Newquay 12.1 miles, St Columb Major 5.8 miles and Newquay Airport 8.9 miles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Halfway House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Halfway House Hotel Wadebridge
- Halfway House Inn St Issey, Cornwall