“This is the best you can get”
Review of Calcot Manor

Calcot Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Calcot
Bath, United Kingdom
“This is the best you can get”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

This is the best Spa hotel I have ever stayed in, I cannot praise it highly enough. Its a slice of paradise.
Food AMAZING
Outdoor hot tub in front of roaring log fire, the smell of the wood wafting through the air as you relax.
The rooms are stylish and luxurious.
If you only ever visit one hotel in your life make it this one.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2011

It has been a while since I've stayed in a hotel in England, so despite the location, ambience, excellent service and food at Calcot Manor, I was taken aback by the prices. I cannot compare the room rate or food costs with anywhere else in the UK, but by European standards I would say that you get a lot less here for your money.
Value apart, the hotel offers a wide choice of accommodation which comprises rooms in the main building and in the surrounding cottages and houses.
Staff are welcoming and helpful.
Food was excellent in the restaurants, and 24 hour room service is available.
Wi-fi is provided free of charge, but mobiles only seem to work in the car park!

• Stayed July 2011
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2011

I had very high expectations which is potentially why I was slightly disappointed. We had a wonderfully relaxing weekend and really enjoyed our stay. However, the room we had could have done with some refreshing. The odd light didn't work, there were marks on the wall etc. None of these are a problem but when you pay as much as you do per night you expect better.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
uk
Reviewed 18 July 2011

went there with my partner for my birthday last year and i dont have a bad thing to say about it, it isnt the height of luxury but it is a great all round hide away. the only thing that was not up to expectation was the restaurant, the food was not what you would hope for the price and the staff were not attending to customers as well as they should have, the hotel had plenty maybe too many staff but i had to wait 15 minutes without recieving attention and that includes me physically waving my arms directly at a waitress before going to the manger and getting the bill myself. such a shame really as the rest including all staff from pool guard to massage staff were fantastic.
huge continental breakfast delivered to the room in the morning and enjoyed in the huge bath with my partner as a last treat.

Room Tip: we stayed in the york room which was lovely. i dont think it would be he best but by all means decen...
  • Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
South West UK
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I visited on 15th July with 3 girlfriends and we booked the half day programme at £99 each.

On arrival I was greeted by Victoria who has a style that's nice blend of friendly, professional and welcoming... she walked me over to the conservatory where lunch was booked. The lunch was outstandingly good .... the Maitre D' a little chilly but professional.... the waiting staff were lovely.

We returned to the spa and completed out forms.... there was a little bit of a wait to be shown around ... given the number of staff this should have happened quicker but the objective was to chill out so maybe that's the issue!

The setting is just stunning...... a big hot tub surrounded by sun loungers and there's an open fire too so the atmosphere is wonderful.

The tour was great and the spa is immaculate... I enjoyed the pool, the hot tub and then a full body massage with Keira - she's very good and it was exactly what I wanted. Afterwards I had a little snooze in the chill area upstairs and then we all had a cup of tea downstairs before hot showers and home.

If I was asked for one change I'd make then it would be to add conditioner to the showers along with the shampoo but that's a tiny thing and can be overcome very easily.

Overall, I recommend..... the staff are great and the location is stunning!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Worcestershire
Reviewed 14 July 2011

My wife and I were booked in for a 2 night stay and we liked it so much we extended it by a night. During the last year we have stayed at Babbington House and Cowley Manor, similar sorts of hotel to Calcot and we had super stays at both, having said that, Calcot was by far the best of the trio. Why? The staff were unfailingly helpful and friendly. The food was excellent and varied - restaurant cuisine in the Conservatory(which is a beautiful room), gastropub food in the Gumstool Inn and healthy snacks and light lunches in the spa area. The Spa is excellent with a lovely outdoor area with a large hot tub backed by roaring log fire. Two new tennis courts........and lots more. Our kids aren't young any more, if yours are, the facilities appear to be excellent, far better than anything that was available when our kids were younger. Our room, Kingswood, is in the main part of the hotel and was quiet, comfortable and well appointed. All in all, a lovely place...... we'll be back!!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights in July. The room we had booked was Devon, which is a perfectly sized beautiful room. We ate dinner at the Gumstool Inn which is situated within the hotel. As previous reviews have stated, it was fairly busy, but I will take that as a good thing as the food was very nice, although the vegetarian options were on the slim side.

We used the Spa facilities, which I would also highly recommend, especially the outdoor Jacuzzi.

Overall we both had a great experience at Calcot Manor and I would highly recommend the hotel. Go for Devon, lovely room.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank MGills
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calcot
Whatley Manor Hotel & Spa
The Hare and Hounds Hotel
Cowley Manor
Cowley Manor
#1 of 1 in Cowley

Been to Calcot Manor? Share your experiences!