“Wow what a hotel!!”
Review of Calcot Manor

Calcot Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Calcot
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Wow what can I say about this hotel it is superb.... We stayed here for 2 nights after our wedding before our honeymoon and do not have a bad word to say about it.... The staff, the service, the rooms, the spa, the location... these are all second to none. The hotel is quite pricey however feel it is worth every penny... We are already looking forward to staying here again in the near future...

Reviewed 15 August 2010

I've just returned from a weekend at this hotel and felt compelled to write a view (only ever written one before) as it was a perfect experience. It certainly wasn't a cheap break but really worth the money. The food and service were first class and the facilites brilliant especially the lovely spa area. Even though everything felt so luxurious, the atmosphere was also relaxed and I didn't feel like I had to be on my very best behaviour (as certain top notch hotels can make you feel). The staff were really accommodating and I felt like they genuinely wanted us to have a wonderful stay from the second we walked through the door to the moment we left. A real treat for anyone looking for a special weekend away.

Reviewed 14 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for four days with our eight year old son. The hotel was great, especially the service. The spa treatments were excellent and the facilities were extremely good. We would definitely go back. We had a great stay and felt very well looked after throughout. The only small complaints we have are that the indoor pool we felt should have been open for another hour in the morning for children and also the children's play zone for the over 8's was not open in the evening which given it has a cinema did not seem to make much sense. Overall however a lovely hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2010

I booked Calcot Manor for the first few days of my honeymoon with my new wife. We planned to chill out and relax before going abroad.

You could not ask for a better place. Calcot Manor is truly stunning in every sense of the word (including the price)

Location: Incredible. Set in 220 acres of Cotswolds countryside. Plenty of places to explore in the grounds. Well kept, interesting and romantic.

Hotel: I chose this over Lucknam Park as the decor seemed more to our preference, with lots of pastel and natural colours. Rustic chic within a traditional country hotel. Very impressive

Room: Huge, classy and a joy to stay in! Large, comfortable bed, Enormous bathroom with equally large bath. Attractive and elegant decor. Really quite impressive

Restaurant: I have eaten at a number of Michelin starred restaurants, and this is better. The cost of the room includes £40 credit per person for dinner, which encourages you to go overboard for dinner. Excellent seafood, good beef,all very well cooked with great flavours. Impressive wine list. Breakfast very palatable. Also recommend scone cream teas!

Spa: Excellent. Nice ambience, enjoyed champagne in the jacuzzi. Good range of treatments on offer.

Service: Really made the hotel. Every member of staff that we interacted with was helpful, friendly and courteous. Could not say a bad word about them, and they really made the stay feel special.

All in all, Calcot Manor is a remarkable place to stay. I went with my new wife as a romantic break, and it was everything we wished for. Very receptive to children, but if you don't want to be disturbed by other peoples brats, just avoid the spa pool between 4 and 5pm.

Recommend for romantic break, family breaks and mother daughter spa weekends

Excellent, excellent, excellent, but expensive. Worth every penny though

Reviewed 2 August 2010

I was invited to stay for a Corporate Hospitiality Week End with my daughter and stayed at Calcot Manor.
What a fantastic hotel in every way. Attention to details oozes from everything about it. Fastidious cleanliness and presentation, charming and well trained staff, yummy food both relaxed and formal dining available.
I love the sheets and towels and dressing gowns. Soaps and bathrooms super.
The hotel is so good that I will rate it as one of the best, and I have stayed at some brilliant places in my time including Cliveden, Claridges, The Dorchester,Oberoi,s The Ritz, Browns etc etc etc.
If you are going to the Cotswolds - look no further. You will love this characterful comfy and charming hotel. I did!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2010

A wonderful stay, which delivered all of our requirements. Perfect accommodation, great food, but above all, the very best of service.
The ratio of staff to guests must be very high as there always seemed to be someone around to help/assist/answer questions.
I had a hot stone massage in the lovely spa, absolutely delicious!
No notices in the bathrooms about leaving your towels on the floor etc etc. And at reception, no feedback forms (I wanted to give a very positive one). So no pressure there.
Would love to go again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2010

I have been meaning to write this review since Jan!! My partner and I have been here twice now for our anniversary and both times was fantastic- but this time was just AMAZING!

To cut a long story short, i had booked this a few months in advance and was not told the spa would be closed for refurbishment... so was obviously a little disapointed that nobody had mentioned anything until it came to booking our treatments. So the wonderful receptionist was sincerely apologetic and told us we would still be able to have treatments just not in the actual spa- instead in the hotel.

When we arrived we were amazed to be told that we were upgraded to a suite for the night!!!! this was such fab news as it has all been a suprize for my partner so we were very happy! The suite was gorgeous and had the most luxurious bathroom i had ever seen!

We had lunch in the Gumstool inn which was really yummy and then we went for our treatments! We booked the 2hr Bliss Treatment which was absolutely incredible, carried out by the most amazing Therapists ( who I cannot remember the name of... The 2 lovely young ladies working on 20/01/10) I am very fussy with treatments as I am a treatment manager in a hotel also so I tend to have a habit of picking things that were not right about the treatments but these two therapists were just brilliant!

We slowly plodded back to our suite all relaxed and sleepy to find an ice bucket with a bottle of Moet et Chandon with two glasses, a bag of sweets and a card from the reception manager apologising again about the spa being closed and wishing us a lovely stay! This was so thoughtful of them and we thoroughly enjoyed the champers lounged in our gowns chilling out before dinner!

We dined in the conservatory for dinner which was very good. The food was great, especially our deserts (mmmmmmm) and our little suprize ice cream treat with 'Happy Anniversary" written in chocolate sauce!

The whole day had been so amazing and all because of the wonderful staff at calcot! It really is so unusual to see a full hotel of staff that are all equally as helpful and genuinely friendly as eachother!

We did not want to leave at all, we will be back next year!!! Thank you again Calcot :)

Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Calcot
Barnsley House
#1 of 6 in Tetbury
Cowley Manor
Cowley Manor
#1 of 1 in Cowley

Been to Calcot Manor? Share your experiences!