I stayed here for a week and enjoyed it. Here are my thoughts:
I first stayed in the cheapest room possible:
-cheap, like...$25/night room + private bathroom
-very friendly and accommodating staff
-best location on the strip among the souvenir booths, stores, restaurants, and clubs (I thought this area was much better than the popular Zicatela tourist strip 5 min away)
-tiled, private bathroom
-two large Windows, partial ocean view
-beachfront property, located in front of the marina within full view of the principal beach in PE with large rolling waves. Beautiful.
-located at the bottom of the hill where the rest of "town" away from the tourist zone begins (cheaper restaurants and shops are always found outside the tourist strip). A short 5 min walk away.
-10-20 min walk from beautiful clear green bays, Puerto Manzanillo y Angelito.
-popular Zicatela surfer beach is a 5-10 min walk away from the beach of this hotel
- restaurant on site. I ate street food, so I can't comment on the food there.
- bar on site although I never saw it open.
-no A/C, which I discovered is needed in PE in July. Hot, humid 24/7 like Cancun. The windows provided zero breeze.
-bathroom windows opened to the reception area (I could hear conversation all day and night)
-bathroom tile seemed a little grundgy
-shower was separated from the toilet and sink by a curtain that did not reach the floor, so much of the bathroom was wet by the end of a shower
-no pool on site
-weak Wi-Fi (as is common in Mexico)
- there's a club next door and one across the street so you will hear music thumping until about 4 or 5am. (You would have to stay somewhere more isolated from the strip to avoid this as PE is a party town)
When I upgraded, they gave me a suite which was more than I needed, but I loved it so much, I didn't want to change rooms and stayed for the week. It cost about $62/night.
-A/C ! ! and mini fridge
- Large wood vanity, closet, chest-of-drawers
- corner suite with sweeping views of the courtyard/restaurant, marina, lagoon, and bahia principal beach. Wow.
-bottled water daily
-excellent and friendly maid service, changing my sandy sheets (inevitable when you swim in the ocean daily), and mopping the sandy floor
- Beautiful vase of lilies on the table
-another table and chairs outside the room in the very large hallway/balcony
- long, thinner balcony around the corner with beach views
-Large shower with frosted glass doors
Only Con - more expensive (but a great value for the money, I thought)
+PRO - the staff is very vigilant here and security is tight. They know who the guests are and prevent others from entering from the beach. The reception area is locked at night with a security guard to open the gate for guests. Beach access is guarded by staff seeing the day and a security guard at night.
-CON - the staff is very vigilant here and security is tight. Lol. Your friends will not be allowed to accompany you to your room nor hang out with you in the downstairs patio (unless they are guests as well).
I loved it here and will stay again the next time I'm in PE.
Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Rincon del Pacifico reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.