“One of the best places I stayed at during my travels in Mexico.”
Review of Casa Losodeli

Casa Losodeli
Oakland, CA
“One of the best places I stayed at during my travels in Mexico.”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Loved this HOSTAL. Owned by a super friendly family who are extremely warm and pleasant. Close to the beaches and restaurants. Pool. Clean rooms. Comfortable beds. Great mix if peopke saying there: families as well as backpackers. Would definitely recommend this HOSTAL.

• Stayed August 2014

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 25 July 2014

The hostel is perfectly located, clean and a awesome place to be. A mexican family from puerto owns the hostel is doing everything so you feel good and safe. You can make awesome trips organized by the hostel, learn surfing and going by a walk to all nice places in Puerto. In the evenings they offer the best mojitos in Puerto ever and you can go out with other guests to make party, eating or just to be together and have a good time! Finally it has the best prices and services (6er dorm for 130$ incl. breakfast!!!) in Puerto! Enjoy :)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

Great place to relax or party.Zicatelli party strip five minutes away.Several different beaches close by & surf beaches..Heaps of restuarants local food or variety Falafel shop Italian pizza..And relax by the pool if you desire.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Karen M
Reviewed 8 June 2014

My stay at Hostal Losodeli was incredible. The staff are all friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and the atmosphere is fun and laid back. I spoke no Spanish when I arrived, and they accommodated for that wonderfully. I was travelling alone, so they were always inviting me out and including me in whatever events were going on.
When my wallet got stolen they helped me set up a bank account in Mexico. So genuinely kind and hospitable!
Hostal losodeli is walking distance from all the beaches, or a short cab ride. It's also close to the market as well as the superche. To top it off it's inexpensive. I would 100% recommend it to my friends and family, and will stay there again if I go back to puerto.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Hayley P
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The Losodeli is a wonderful hostel. It´s very clean and the owner is very nice. Everytime we went there she would give us a ride to the airport or busstation when we left. The atmosphere is amazing. Everybody is really relaxed. A wonderful beach is just a 10-minutes-walk away.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Perfect place to stay if travelling alone. Easy to meet people in the communal areas - by the pool, kitchen etc. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Activities were organised for some evenings e.g. BBQ for paddy's day and trip to see baby turtles being released and cinema on the beach. walking distance to market for breakfast and can walk to the beach for a swim. Would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 5 September 2013

This hostel is ok. It might depend on the room in which you stay and the time of year. My friend and I stayed in the female dorm for three nights in July of 2013.

THE FEMALE DORM:
The floor was sandy the entire time and no one came to clean. The entire room has only one fan (that makes a horrible noise) and is constantly set to oscillate. You can turn the fan off, but then it is impossible to even lie in bed because it is too hot and humid. (I'm from Florida)

THE BEDS:
The beds were child size (I'm a small female so it was ok for me, but my taller friend's feet hung over the end) and they were really rickety. The ladder for the bunk seemed like it would fall apart at any moment. But what actually hurt, were the bed slats coming through the super-thin mattress.

THE VIBE:
This place gives off the surfer vibe which can be very cool, but not welcoming or inviting. The staff was great and super friendly, but the other guests were either too cool to acknowledge that we were talking to them or too hung over or ??? It took FOUR DAYS for other travelers to have a casual conversation with us.

THE POOL:
The pool is great. It looked and felt very clean. It was the main relief from the heat and best reason to be at the hostel. Unfortunately, people think it's great fun to come back in the middle of the night or almost morning (5am) and run around yelling and jumping into the pool. Since all of the rooms are centered by the pool, it makes sleeping quite impossible.

THE LOCATION:
The location is good if you want to go to Manzanilla Beach. It is one of the best beaches to swim because it is beautiful and relatively calm (the vibe and the water). If you want to go to the strip however (and eat) it is quite a walk. There are many hostels on the strip which would be worth checking out to compare. Although a taxi is only 20 pesos back to the hostel, it can be nerve-racking at night for a single female.

I've traveled quite a bit. I've been to a few worse hostels, but mostly I've stayed in better ones than this. I hitchhiked and even stayed in some anarchist squats, so I don't ask for a lot. But I do expect a good night's sleep at least one night of my stay, which never happened here. The pool's sweet though! It's all about what you want.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends