“Consistent great quality with a limited menu”
Review of El Sultan

El Sultan
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Cuisines: Middle Eastern, Israeli, Fast food
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: For a delicious, authentic middle eastern food, there is no other than 'El Sultan'. We use the freshest and finest ingredients for our home-made food. We make our own Arabic bread and take great pride in everything that we do. Try us once and you will find yourself coming back again and again!
Reviewed 11 March 2014

All you get here is shawarma or fallafel with humus. They also have gaspacho and cheese cake. Really outstanding. I've tried to find as good in San Diego and haven't been able to. So I really miss this when I'm not in Puerto Escondido. I eat here at least twice a week..

1  Thank Prescott2014

Reviewed 11 February 2014

In a small restaurant on Rinconada, I ate a great hummus. It tasted as good as any in the Middle East. Reuben, the young owner is busy preparing the few items on the menu. Hummus, falafel, and shawarma, all served with his homemade llafa bread. All are fresh and tasty. Ah, how could I forget the cheesecake?

1  Thank Isaac O
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

Easily some of the best hummus and schwarma I've ever had. On their very own fresh bread, this place even beats a lot if the New York City Mediterranean I've had. A great break from weeks of Mexican food, we returned several times. A very short menu, and very quick service.

1  Thank CarnivoreOnTheRun
Reviewed 3 February 2014

Chicken shawarma (?sp) the best hummus I have ever tasted. Helpful cook understands gluten free. My friend drools over the cheese cake dessert,

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Our first stop in Puerto this year! For months before our trip this year, both my husband and I had been dreaming about Reuben's amazing hummus and pita. Our numerous visits this trip did not disappoint! Be sure to try the shwarma and falafel too. And, for a special treat, the cheesecake is delish. Only 9 more months until our next visit. Thrilled to see the business doing so well.

1  Thank Roxanne T