“Pleasant Stay”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Las Olas
Ranked #41 of 47 Hotels in Puerto Escondido
Reviewed 3 July 2013

I have really enjoyed my stay in Puerto Escondido. The Hotel Las Olas is centrally located on Zicatela Beach. I stayed in one of the cabanas which was clean and comfortable. The owners recommend some great places to eat and made sure I was comfy. I would recommend it anytime.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Betty C

Reviewed 9 May 2013

great staff ,nice people very helpfull.
really like this small hotel it is not an hostal all rooms are private ,clean my own shower and i could shower when ever
stayed in the bungalow ,nice garden lots of green.
nice beach shower right in front of the beach ,
best place on zicatela

Room Tip: i loved the bungalow
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed here for three nights in one of the cabanas. The wooden cabanas are nice, but placed on a concrete backyard. Unfortunately, the hostess is extremely unfriendly making us wanna leave the place right after waking up. There are many irritating rules, like washing of clothes is not allowed (!) and when you have to shower! Also they did not let us store our bags in the hostel after checking out, because they don't have space ;)
There are many nicer hostels on the same street for the same price (or less), which are much nicer!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bell S
Reviewed 21 January 2013 via mobile

Really nice, cosy and clean hotel with incredibly low prices. Excellent location, there is lots of cafes, restaurants and little shops around and Playa Zocatela is few metres away. Recommended if you're on a budget and want comfortable and tidy place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank AnnaPauline
Reviewed 9 May 2012

For a mid range hotel, this was incredible and cozy and all I could ever want! I was so fortunate to get a cabana., it had 2 beds, with mosquito nets. It had a high powered fan, a sink, fridge and cookstove for what a case of beer cost's in Canada or the USA, of course a bathroom and shower.
A very nice veranda that if you choose you can swing in the hammock and read or just listen to the waves as they crash on to land. I enjoyed coffee sitting at the table each morning.

The owners are very respectful and there is 24 hour security. They do take a deposit,but are very prompt to return it when they leave.
I left a tip daily for the housekeeper as she was incredibly fast and efficient.

The owners feed nightly the hungry dogs, not in the compound, but on the street he has food for each and water. A kind man.
I will rate this place for comfort and romance, and cost and everything else, a 10 out of 10..I look forward to bringing my husband and I am sorry I have to go!
To think this all started with me getting bored with the Caribbean side of Mexico so I went on a road trip, to a little city called Puerto Escondido, it took me 3 days to drive it, and was it worth it! I have visited so many cities in Mexico, and lived on one side, but NEVER have I seen such an incredible and stunning city, the people so kind and warm, and not wanting a thing from you..incredibly clean as well, I carried a bottle to put my cig butts in, I could not butt one on the ground it was so clean, no garbage! Once in awhile the peddlers, come to sell their wares, they ask, you say no, they say gracias, and move on. This is now MY FAVORITE Mexican city!

Room Tip: Cabana's are very private. They are the way to go.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
6  Thank kymmy1canada_10
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I wanted to be on the beach and I was. From the balcony, I could see the ocean. It was a three minute walk to the beach. At night I could hear the ocean waves.

The room was clean and quite. The room cost around $25. It came with hot water, drinking water, fan, a small frig and cable t.v.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Dave C
Reviewed 6 May 2010

For us, this place was economically priced even by Mexican standards so we were a little wary. However, the room was very clean and came with its own bathroom, fan, refrigerator and cable TV. We had asked for a room with a sea view, which we had, together with a small balcony. The accommodation area generally was well-kept and extremely good value.
Just across a very quiet road and you are on Zicatela Beach watching the surfers. 10 minutes walk along the beach and you are around a small headland and onto Playa Principal where you can swim and bodyboard. And there are numerous restaurants both on the beach and along the road.
They are very strict on the checkout time of 11 o’clock which meant we paid for an extra day as our flight back home to Mexico City wasn’t until 4pm, but at 250 pesos it was well worth it !!
We would thoroughly recommend Las Olas.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple