“garden of eden”

Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Puerto Escondido
mexico city
“garden of eden”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

i dtayed 2 times in this garden hotel with its beautyful swimming pool. for me the big garden in the quiet neigbourhood is unique. I loved justtobein the garden and watch the huming birds, the palms nadthe flowers. My room was veryclean all the time and the kitchen was well equiped, so that I could cook easely, make my shakes in the blender and make my morning cofe in the cafe mashine. the stuff is very friendly and the offer all kind of aktivities. my,room was very stylishly decorated with hand painted tails amazing pictures and confortable beds. Itis a place that I enjoyed a lot.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank robert w
willsawyer, Front Office Manager at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 23 September 2013
We are so pleased to hear how much you enjoyed your stay. We also like staying in touch with guests to hear of travels and to share photos. So stay connected :) And now that you have stayed with us, you are automatically part of our Guests Rewards Program. Enjoy 10% off your next stay, no matter when you visit. Notify the office for the best promotion code to use :)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Unalaska, Alaska
Reviewed 11 August 2013

After staying at Casamar Suites i had real mixed feelings about it. The rooms are clean, comfortable and look fantastic. Thats not what I am writing this review about.
I am writing a review to tell you an experience I had with the owner one night. The owners organized a 'meet and greet' evening, it was a few hours where everyone can have a chat with one another and enjoy a cocktail made by the owners.
It was all going well until, the male owner had obviously had a few drinks and made a few remarks about his past career and experiences that I found racist and very arrogant. I was extremely shocked by these comments and would like to warn people.

Also, I being male was asked to join a 'Mens only bible meeting'. I have no problem with religion in the slightest but i found this very strange, due to the fact that the women were not welcome.

Also, Ignore the 'free breakfast' which is advertised on the website. The owner informed me that they have been building the suites for the past few years. I asked him where the free breakfast was and he told me that the are 'under construction'. The only construction I saw was a couple of painters, He told me that I can get a complimentary breakfast across the road and that "its only $3 dollars so I may as well pay for it myself".

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank worldsurfer123
willsawyer, Front Office Manager at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
I am so sorry to hear that you had a so-so experience! Please be assured that the owners of this hotel are very good people. They are Christian and will extend invites to gatherings, but are not pushy. I am not religious, and from what I have seen while working here the Men´s Bible Study is harmless. It is simply a group of men gathering around and talking and socializing. I am not trying to downplay your experience, as you have every right to feel whatever you feel. In regards to the complimentary breakfast, my apologies for the confusion. But, yes we do have complimentary breakfast that was moved to the restaurant "Amoki" just two blocks away due to construction that is in the finishing stages. Regardless you should have gotten your free breakfast :) If you ever decide to visit us again we would like to offer you a 2 nights free stay...but I need to know who you are first :) I hope this message finds you well.
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 21 June 2013

Look at the pictures again. What you see is what you get. It really is that beautiful. In 8 years of our group staying at Casamar, we have not been disappointed. I have checked many other places. There is none that compares for the value of what you receive at Casamar.

Each year Casamar quickly becomes our home... Home because of the beautiful personal oasis that is awaiting each day we return from the beach or touring... Home because of the way each member of the staff takes care of us. We generally stay for a month and when we leave, each member of our group has a special place in their hearts for Casamar... our new "home" in Mexico.

At the sake of repeating reviews below, I must concur with all the great things we love about Casamar. It's away from the hustle of Puerto but so close to any where you want to go. A block from the beach and easy access for a morning jog down Playa Zicatela or to La Punta. Very clean and spacious rooms /grounds with full kitchens. Wonderful patios that facilitated our group meetings in the morning/evenings. Wi-Fi. Manager/staff who stay onsite allowing for a SAFE and family friendly environment. Secure parking. Relaxing pool / palapa's. A/C, fresh water, gorgeous grounds.

I need to make special mention of the Casamar staff. From the team in the office to the cleaning and grounds crew, our needs and questions were dealt with personally and professionally. Fluent in Spanish and English and always so helpful and knowledgeable. If they did not know the answer to a question, they found someone who did.

We will be back. And we will not be disappointed...

Room Tip: I like the rooms up the first level of stairs for a little more privacy and wind.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Gordon R
willsawyer, Front Office Manager at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2013
Hi CHS Group!! It was a pleasure having you guys here! I loved meeting all the amazing young adults that you brought with you. And what an incredible way to finish high school and prepare for the forever changing world that they will meet. We look forward to having you guys back for your 9th year in 2014!!!! Please keep in touch and if you have any photos we would love it if you shared some via Facebook or TripAdvisor :)
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Casamar has a lush beautiful court yard with sparkling clean swimming pool surrounded by palm covered palapas where the staff catered our dinner and breakfast. I loved our tile shower !! plenty of hot water and good pressure.The owner/manager lives on the property and is available even when you forget your key at midnight. 5 gallon Bottled water dispenser in every room .We had a large group and they let us use their bigger kitchen with all the pans and dishes .We also had dishes in our suites kitchenette. Outdoor showers for washing off the sand are in the court yard .The whole town felt very safe ,we walked all over and took cabs ,and Casamar has a wall around the whole place with gates that open with a code ,very secure.We had an awesome week and would love to go back to Casamar and beautiful Puerto Escondido!!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
We are so glad to hear that you and your group had a great time! We loved having you and we hope that you will come back again one day. Now that you have stayed here, you are automatically a member of of Guest Rewards Program. Contact us for more details :) And stay connected through facebook, where you can share stories and photos from your trip!
Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Of the few times I have gone on vacation to Puerto Escondido, CasaMar has ofered me the best place to stay because of the great service from all of the staff, the secure and nice place they keep, and because of the location of the hotel. Really enjoided my staing and I hope to come back soon.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
CasamarSuites, Manager at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2013
Hi Carlos! It was a pleasure having you stay with us! We hope to see you again the next time your in Puerto Escondido!!
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 November 2012

We were only in Puerto Escondido two nights but the manager of the reception was very friendly and went out of his way to help out. As some of the other travelers have said, it is a great place for the price. The room was nice and the pool was clean. I would have given the hotel a 5-star, but I couldn't because the neighborhood was really loud in the mornings. We were there on a holiday weekend in Mexico, so that may have been part of it, but the neighbors (very loud) music started at 6 am both mornings. There were also a lot of other early noises such as a construction guy working outside my window. It might have all been bad luck and the location of our room on the first floor. There was a good breakfast/crepe place within walking distance and the beach is also within walking distance.

*This has nothing to do with the hotel, but we took a boat trip on Sunday from a guy we met on Zicatela beach. He calls his boat trip Dolphin Watching and his name is Jesus. We think at the last minute he found a more lucrative job by taking a group fishing all day, so for the 7 people who signed up for his trip- we were sent out with "his brother". Jesus said the trip was until 11 am and we returned at 10. He said we would stop on a beach and we didn't. He also said we were guaranteed to see dolphins and we saw one or two from a long distance (but I guess we saw a dolphin!) Jesus offered us ride to the beach, but we drove ourselves, which was a good idea since the other people on our trip got a ride to the boat, but when we returned they did not get a ride home because Jesus was out fishing. We did get a small discount, but I am not sure it made up for all the broken promises.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
willsawyer, Propietario at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 12 November 2012
K.B.
Thank you for the review! We are so happy that you felt the staff was friendly and helpful and the hotel clean and well priced. I understand that your stay with us was on the loud side and I assure you that your experience is not the norm. Generally the neighborhood we are in is rather sleepy and quiet – so I suspect that it must have to do with the Holiday weekend as you pointed out. We appreciate the honesty in your review and we will keep an ear out for excessive noise in the future and try to curb it as much as possible. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Puerto Escondido.
Ariel and the Casamar Team
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We stayed at casamar suites in August for a week. It's an amazing spot run by wonderful people and attracts lovely travelers. We had our own private suite which was beautifully decorated and close to the pool. We used the body boards, rented surf boards, found a great surf instructor, did free yoga and met lots of lovely people. Our room was cleaned daily and kept immaculate. Even better, casamar is really well priced for all that goodness. To me, this place is an absolute must! Thanks to Will, the owner, for going out of your way to help us with anything and everything.

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Joshua J
willsawyer, Director de Recepción at Casamar Suites Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2012
J. and P.
Thanks so much for taking the time to review your stay at Casamar! We are so pleased that your stay was memorable. We enjoyed having you here and wish you the best in all your future travels. I hope you continue to practice surfing and come back to get your first barrel and enjoy our returning guest discounts!
Best wishes