“Beautiful hotel, with friendly staff” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Braunston Manor

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Braunston
Braunston Manor
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Braunston
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
“Beautiful hotel, with friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 September 2010

We stayed for one night after attending an event at Silverstone, and wish we had been able to stay much longer to explore the area and enjoy the hotel for longer!

We had a room with an enourmous four poster, a view down to the canal and a beautiful bathroom that was new, but in a period style.

The staff were welcoming and friendly, and our home-cooked evening meal at The Old Plough pub down the road (which they also run) was excellent and very good value.

Breakfast was very nice, and plenty of it - we opted for the full English with toast, juice and coffee. We could have had fruit and/or cereals too. (Don't know what the continental breakfast was so can't comment on that.)

We didn't get chance to try out the bar downstairs, but we had a quick look in at it and it looked very inviting.

The only downside was that, while I had a lovely long, hot shower in the morning, the hot water ran out when my husband had his straight after, so that might be something to be aware of if you're used to endless hot water when you stay in a hotel. However, that was a minor blip and we can't wait to stay there again!

Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MiladyB

Families
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

Myself and my Partner stayed at Braunston Manor last weekend. My brothers also booked rooms. We stayed at the hotel because our parents were re-newing their wedding vows for their 40th wedding anniversay at the Church across the road. I thought the hotel was beautiful and set in the the most pretty surroundings with nice gardens and good size rooms. The owner of the hotel checked us in with no problems and we were able to order breakfast at 9.15pm the next day. The owner also allowed us to chill some bottles of Champagne.The rooms were decorated to a high standard and were quite large. The bathrooom was also big with a large bath and a powerful shower. I had the chance to see the rooms my brothers booked and they were also very nice. The owners of the hotel also own the Pub down the road and my family and I enjoyed a very nice meal after their blessing. That night as we ventured back to the hotel the owner gave us access ot the bar down in the cellar with a TV and music system. It was a large room with a bar and a honesty box for the drinks you made. I thought this was a nice touch especially for the younger members of the party to chill out after a long day. The next day we all enjoyed a really nice cooked breakfast with the choice of drinks and cereal. We were able to order a full english breakfast and eggs were made to order. I could not fault this place really and I found the staff very polite and helpful. I would most certainly go back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2009

We recently got married in Braunston, and on the day of our wedding, a vast amount of our guests stayed at the Braunston Manor hotel. The following night, for a treat and very short honeymoon, myself and my new wife had booked ourselves into the Manor for a bit of relaxation and a luxury night after an extremely hectic weekend.
Firstly, my wife had to constantly call the landlady to inform her of our whereabouts (at least once an hour during the afternoon/eve) as she was getting quite miffed that we were messing her around and HAD to check-in ASAP. We were a newly-wed couple having to call the hotel constantly and apologies for our late arrival... 9.30pm late? Well, the landlady obviously had better things to do.
The whole day was dictated by the hotel's requirement that we should hurry up and check-in. It got to the point where the landlady was so rude on the phone due to our lateness, she started hanging-up the phone as we were 'so late' in checking-in.
Alarm bells were ringing in our minds, but because we'd given our credit card details, we saw it through.
Rude would be an understatement as we arrived just after 9.30pm. We'd obviously ruined her day. We were shown our room (very nice, to its credit) were told breakfast would be at 7.30am... A honeymoon couple? She eventually gave-in to 8.15am finish, and we had to be out of the hotel by 10.30am. Fair enough, until I read the hotel brochure - 'Breakfast served until 9.00am - later by arrangement'. But she was long gone! And the seemingly empty hotel was left to us. Room service? I doubt it!
We were greeted with - 'You smoke, don't you? Well smoking's over in the car park' before I could reply to her rhetorical question.
My mother-in-law left a bottle of Champagne for us for breakfast, but was told: 'We have a bar, they should buy it from us'. It was not in our room for us, so no Champagne-breakfast-in-bed for the annoying honey-mooners!
Everything seemed to be a problem to the establishment. For my only time in my life I was a newly-wed, spending an obscene £100 for the privilege of being spoken to and treated like a naughty pair of school kids.
Crap! We left at 2.00am, disgusted. A hotel with a bad attitude that is obviously a business for sale, so does not have a heart or soul of any 'manor'!
A rude establishment, reminding me of B&Bs of the 70s with a corporate facade

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank mk9London

Travellers are raving about these Braunston hotels

Northampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2009

We were looking for something a little different, a little unique but without breaking the bank and after a recommendation we stayed at the beautiful manor at Braunston. The accommodation was first class, the staff made us very welcome and were knowledgeable about the area. Without doubt, we would recommend the manor now and wouldn't hesitate to stay there again (hopefully more for pleasure, and a little longer)

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
Essex
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2008

We were booked into the Braunston Manor for one night bed and breakfast. The setting of the hotel and the accomodation were excellent. We eat a meal in the Plough pub in the village, very nice.
The hotel was really let down by the breakfast that they provided. We opted for the continental breakfast and it is the first time ever that we have been offered toast, cereal and activa yoghurts. This is supposed to be a boutique hotel and the rates that are charged are not cheap. There were no croissants or pastries and no crusty bread or rolls. Very disappointing after a pleasant nights stay.

• Stayed August 2008
      Check-in / front desk
2 Thank Jacqueline20
Also consider these accommodations in or near Braunston
Mercure Daventry Court Hotel and Spa
Hellidon Lakes Golf & Spa Hotel
Days Inn Watford Gap
Days Inn Watford Gap
#1 of 1 in Watford

Been to Braunston Manor? Share your experiences!