“Excellent food”

Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Private Dining, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have just eaten at smiths restaurant, the food was excellent and the service outstanding.
Their prawn cocktail was one of the best I've had with loads of prawns and sauce, normally when you order prawn cocktail by the time you get to the bottom of the dish the sauce has run out, but there was loads left.
Also had the calves liver very tender, friends had fish cakes which they said were delicious,
Would definitely recommend this restaurant

Chelmsford, United Kingdom
“Amazing plaice.”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a great fish restaurant, lovely food and fantastic service.

My Wife and I went here for my 40th last weekend, hadn't been before but have friends that had told us about it, I'm glad they did. Excellent service from the minute we arrived, shown straight to our table and the champagne that had been pre-ordered was nicely chilled and waiting for us at our table.

Lovely mussels for starters and I had the lobster for mains, glad that I starved myself all day, totally worth it and great value for money too.

All the staff have a great vibe about them, you can see they enjoy their jobs. Cant wait to go again.

Maldon, England, United Kingdom
“Great food and attentive, friendly service!”
Reviewed 25 May 2014

Friends of ours had their wedding breakfast at Smiths in Ongar on Saturday 17/05/14 . From the moment we walked in, we were warmly welcomed by several members of staff and shown to a private room upstairs with its own bar . A large square table for our party of 15 people had been laid out and it looked very smart. A couple of members of staff were already waiting behind the bar with Champagne at the ready for us! From the time we sat down for the meal to the time we left the service was seamless , attentive and friendly without being "pompous" or overbearing.The food was fantastic too...from the delicious bread/brioche rolls , my asparagus with hollandaise sauce , fresh pasta main course ( i'm vegetarian ) and i am still "salivating" over the fresh raspberry and blueberry Pavlova i had for dessert by just thinking about it!My partner had a Monkfisk main and he loved it too!We were both surprised to also find " decent " portions as most restaurants of similar calibre tend to go for the "nouvelle cuisine" approach whereas you get "microscopic" portions and you leave the table still hungry!
So praises to all the staff members on the day and to the chef of course as the whole experience was wonderful!I hope we visit again soon...

Braintree, United Kingdom
“Great quality and value for money lunch”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

We have enjoyed a few meals at Smiths of Ongar and have never been disappointed. The set lunch menu provides great choice and value for money at £24.95 for 3 courses and the service was very good.

Visited May 2014
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Smiths”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Smiths is the best fish restaurant and would highly recommend to anyone My partner and I make this a monthly treat The food is outstanding and the staff have been trained to a high standard although the price tag may but some people off I noticed they did have a good value set menu Halibut when in season is amazing and my partner loves the fish soup although he always has the huge prawn cocktail for staters There is nothing on the menu I would not recommend Best dining experience by far