“A delicious treat!”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We've wanted to try Smiths for a long time and birthday celebrations were a perfect excuse.

The staff were attentive and friendly and were happy to sit us at a different table when we requested.

The food was outstanding. Every bite was a pleasure and made the prices worthwhile.

I had the pan fried tiger prawns with chilli, garlic and basil to start and my partner had goujons of dover sole which just melted as they were so soft! I then had the monkfish with kind scallops, dauphinoise potatoes and mixed veg whilst my partner had the Atlantic cod and hand cut chips. Just enough room for the roasted pineapple with caramel sauce and coconut ice cream for me and the chocolate brownie for him! Utterly scrumptious.

Unless you have a lot of disposable income, it's unlikely to be a regular visit but it's certainly an excellent choice for a special occasion and/or treat! I hope to return in the near future....

1  Thank LondonPenguin1
Write a ReviewReviews (1,085)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I felt a bit disloyal coming here instead of Alec's and I don't want to compare but it's unavoidable. Atmosphere, setting and presentation, no where near as good, but the fish is excellent at Smiths and lots of varieties, which you can have cooked any way you like, ie grilled, steamed etc. It is quite expensive but well worth it. The staff are delightful and very knowledgable about the dishes and the wines. Altogether a lovely experience and I will go back.

1  Thank Beverly C
Reviewed 30 May 2014

My wonderful Hubby booked this Restaurant as a surprise for our 15th Wedding Anniversary on 7th May, and I have to say, from start to finish, the evening was wonderful!

Unbeknowns to me, John had been to the Restaurant earlier, and with the help of the staff, had decorated a table for me, which was a lovely surprise when I arrived with him later that evening.

The food was amazing ... had a garlic prawn starter and the Lobster & Steak for main ... and whilst I promised myself I wouldn't then eat a dessert of my own, I did manage to polish off most of my Husbands Hot Chocolate Fudge Brownie with Ice Cream, which was just too delicious for words!

The fact that it was busy in the Restaurant on a Wednesday evening, truly speaks for itself ...

I cannot WAIT to go again!

Seriously, if you haven't been, then don't hesitate.

For beautiful food and attentive, friendly waiting staff, then Smith's Brasserie is the place to go!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Have just eaten at smiths restaurant, the food was excellent and the service outstanding.
Their prawn cocktail was one of the best I've had with loads of prawns and sauce, normally when you order prawn cocktail by the time you get to the bottom of the dish the sauce has run out, but there was loads left.
Also had the calves liver very tender, friends had fish cakes which they said were delicious,
Would definitely recommend this restaurant

Reviewed 28 May 2014

What a great fish restaurant, lovely food and fantastic service.

My Wife and I went here for my 40th last weekend, hadn't been before but have friends that had told us about it, I'm glad they did. Excellent service from the minute we arrived, shown straight to our table and the champagne that had been pre-ordered was nicely chilled and waiting for us at our table.

Lovely mussels for starters and I had the lobster for mains, glad that I starved myself all day, totally worth it and great value for money too.

All the staff have a great vibe about them, you can see they enjoy their jobs. Cant wait to go again.