“Excellent food!!”

Cuisines: Seafood, British
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I have been to this restaurant on several occasions and I can honestly say that on each visit, the food has been delicious and the staff extremely polite and helpful. Would definitely recommend!!

1  Thank Linda S
There are newer reviews for Smiths of Ongar

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Smiths service and food excellent as always !!!
The only consistently outstanding local restaurant.
Thank you.

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Went for lunch had the set menu just two courses starters and mains didnt have room for anymore! Very good food good size portions nice ambience good for celebrations will definitely be going back.

1  Thank linncarol
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Took my wife for my birthday treat yesterday probably third or fourth time we have been there. The staff and service are great whilst the food is excellent. Set lunch very reasonable price for what you get. Food is predominately fish my Guernsey skate was excellent. On set menu only chicken or liver for non fish eaters. My wife had the chicken and said it was lovely. We will be back.

1  Thank GoonerJeff47
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Recently came here to celebrate my Nan's birthday, there was 6 of us and we had a brilliant table. I had to move the table earlier that day back by half an hour and the staff were really helpful and were able to do so with no problems. We arrived for the meal and was taken to our table, which was great spot, could still get the vibe from the atmosphere of the restaurant but still be in our own little corner. Scallops for starter were lovely, they were one of the specials, wrapped in prosciutto ham, the ham was a little thick but overall was delicious. Then myself and two others had the surf and turf, the lobster was amazing! Best lobster I have had in the UK, the steak was delicious too. For dessert, I had the hot chocolate brownie which was nice, but not gooey enough for me! The staff brought out for my Nan a birthday surprise, a plate decorated and with ice cream and a candle. The staff must have overheard it was her birthday as none of us told them, it was such a sweet gesture and really was lovely of them to do so.

I really recommend this restaurant, the food is good quality and the service was brilliant. A very enjoyable evening with no problems.

1  Thank robertsc11