Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Curious37103296288

Poem for of a wonderful place with beautiful hearts.

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 16 May 2024
Welcome to the West highland way hotel.
Where wanderers and ramblers have a safe place to dwell
Relax in tranquility
Warm by the fire
Sleep out in nature
In a tent, van, or hut
Breathe freshly born air
To help clear your mind
Leave all your troubles well and truly behind
It can feel like home
For those who have non
A ramblers haven
Come stay, join, have fun.
Trip type: Travelled solo
8.6 miles from West Highland Way Hotel & Campsite
8.2 miles from West Highland Way Hotel & Campsite
8.7 miles from West Highland Way Hotel & Campsite
View more hotels in Blanefield
All reviews wooded area great amenities clean toilets lovely wee place recommend staying here wild camping shower cubicle toilet roll john muir way dinner menu great site comfy bed andrew midges charity glasgow whw
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 May 2024

Dru was such a great host. We were in a bind with a place to stay and he was so gracious to make sure we were taken care of and comfortable.
The hotel is lovely, so well cared for. The grounds are picturesque and the food and tea was delicious. Come inside and have yourself a cup of tea and chat with other residents!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2024

This place was advertised as dog friendly (as most places in Scotland)
As a solo traveler for one night I didn't need a big room so decided to book the smallest room.
The room was definitely used as cupboard before, the bathroom is actually located in the corridor. Welcome was nice enough from the owner but I found their dogs aggressive and was worried for the safety of my own, I encountered them 3 times in total.
When it came to dinner I was 'greeted' my the owner half sleeping on a sofa in a sleeping bag and was only offered basic frozen options with 'chips & salad". Politely declined and drove to the nearest town to have some proper food. The room was dirty and bedding was questionable. Impossible to have a word in the morning as no one was around when I left, stale Asda breakfast items on display with dirty cups.

Room tip: DO NOT GO
Date of stay: March 2024
1  Thank mamours3
Dru Edmonstone, Owner at West Highland Way Hotel & Campsite, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2024

It takes no talent to be critical. We run two social charitable programs here. Vanlife and animal support. Unlike every other hospitality business we don’t charge for dogs to stay here. In all honesty when people read your review they will understand that it says more about you as a person than it does about us.

Reviewed 6 May 2024

The place is incredible offering a very comfortable and rewarding view of the surroundings.It’s quiet,serene,scenic and clean with amazing host (Andrew) and his very humbled staff!
We stayed only a night but wish our stay was longer!
There is ample space for campers and you contribute to also the goodwill of helping homeless people(the owner explained how they do their bit towards the noble cause)

Perfect😎

Date of stay: May 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2024

Great place and location, friendly and welcoming. Stayed for 3 nights, arrived late but i got set up perfect. Clubhouse open all day and night to relax. Location is set where thw views are amazing. The roads leading to the location is fine, not single track plenty of space

Date of stay: April 2024
Reviewed 23 April 2024

I was worried about going as a single female but no worries . I was welcomed by Andrew who showed me round and let me get on with choosing my pitch. I found a lovely pitch over looking the campsies and Blainfield. I got the solitude I needed but happy in the knowledge there was people if needed. The facilities for eating and social areas were lovely. I liked the fact food was available to purchase. The site is very well maintained and pretty impressive .
I would definitely return and would recommend.

Room tip: Offers lots of accommodation options for what ever you require
Date of stay: April 2024