“Casa Candiles was charming, beautiful and just pure amazing.”
Review of Casa Candiles Inn

Casa Candiles Inn
Ranked #1 of 10 Ixtapa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 4 November 2009

Roberto and his staff were very accommodating to my husband and I. We had no idea what to expect and all of our expectations were blown out of the water. It was a little rainy during our stay, but that did not deter us from lying by the pool and enjoying the warm weather. Our short stay was just what my husband and I needed before joining our friends in Zihau for a wedding. Our suite was perfect. It was large enough for the two of us to lounge around and read books. It was decorated beautifully... Roberto has an amazing touch. Just a note on its location... When driving into Ixtapa you will take a right, across from the Barcelo hotel and at the corner of an OXXO convenience store. It's about a 5-8 minute walk from the corner. It's a very easy walk to the hotel row/beach. It was about a 25USD cab ride from the airport. The internet service was great. We left 3 children home with babysitters, so being able to chat with them was important to us.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank mindeani

Reviewed 20 May 2009

From the moment we arrived at Casa Candiles we knew we were in for a fabulous time. Roberto had told us on the phone that we were headed for Paradise. He wasn't exaggerating. The accomodations are beautiful - the pictures on his web site do not do the Inn justice. Our room overlooked the pool and the "jungle". We could hear the croaking frogs and chirping birds each morning.
Roberto and his staff (Miguel and Elo) catered to our every need and desire. They soon found out that I am an avid coffee drinker and my cup was never empty after that. We were served breakfast each morning on the patio surrounded by the beautiful flowers and greenery.
The Innkeeper told us the best places to eat, shop and swim. He did everything he could to make our vacation one we'd always remember. Many people leave a spot and say, "We'll be back next year." We plan on returning in 6 months. Casa Candiles is truly a gem!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TNHoff
Reviewed 10 May 2009

My husband and I just returned from an 8 day trip to Casa Candiles and It was during the hype of the swine flu outbreak. Both of us are doctors and we long for our one week of vacation without kids once a year. Usually the high expectations and added pressures lead to the trips being somewhat disappointing. NOT THIS TIME!!! The stay at Casa Candiles was nothing less than sheer bliss. Everything from the Inn, to the hosts Roberto, Elo and Miguel, to the food and the town were simply wonderful and magical. I cannot recall the last vacation where my husband was so relaxed. We travel quite frequently and we've been to Mexico numerous times and always enjoyed our visits there. But this vacation was in a league of its own. The attention to details, the exceptional service, the romantic and serene setting, magnificent weather and kind people all made our experience at Casa Candiles superior to other trips in the past. I told all my friends and family about it but not before I confirmed my next visit dates first!!! If you are looking for a vacation of delightful pampering in paradise get online and book your trip ASAP. Word of the secret spot is getting out !!!!!! Oh and as for the flu, we took medicine with us but never needed it, one of the benefits of a small Inn away from the crazy tourist areas and hotels. We just watched the crouds from a distance and went back to enjoying the tropical plants surrounded by humming birds and butterflies and smiled while sipping on Roberto's delicious Margaritas........

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank gynegirl
Reviewed 3 May 2009

I usually feel strange about returning to a holiday place because I feel the second visit never quite lives up to the pleasure of the first. In this case, however, I think my second stay In Casa Candiles was even better than the first. You cannot fault the rooms for the standard of furnishing and cleanliness. Roberto and his staff create a relaxed and warm atmosphere where nothing is too much trouble and the beautiful house is a haven of peace when you return from the outside world. It is very conveniently located near the beach and commercial cntre of Ixtapa and it is easy to find places to go to eat there or in nearby Zihuatenejo.
I love staying there and I am definitely planning to return in the near future.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank marsbar1234567
Reviewed 24 March 2009

My husband and I stayed at Casa Candiles with another couple and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We loved having breakfast every morning and the service that Miguel and Roberto provided. We would recommend this vacation spot to anyone who wants to relax and enjoy their stay away from the hotel strip on the beach. The beach was about a 10 minute walk and we traversed the road quite a few times each day. Roberto had excellent recommendations for food in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo (don't miss the coconut shrimp).

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 February 2009

We just returned from our first visit to Ixtapa/Zihuantanejo but I'm pretty sure it won't be our last. Casa Candiles is all the website advertises and more. From my first email contact with Roberto, Innkeeper of Casa Candiles, to our hugs goodbye when we left, everything was perfect. Roberto asked in advance about our likes and dislikes (food, beverage, etc.), and took all my input to heart. The evening we arrived he served us a complimentary three course dinner and everyday we had a beautiful fresh breakfast on the patio. Roberto took care of everything, including making arrangements for us to have massages in the privacy of our suite. Casa Candiles combines all the amenities of a luxury hotel with the personalized service of a small posada...what a treat! The location in a quiet neighborhood is just a five minute walk from downtown Ixtapa's shops and restaurants. If you need a taxi Roberto will call one for you and a few minutes later you are on your way. He gave us great directions for exploring Zihauntanejo including a recommendation for Lety's where the coconut shrimp are like nothing you've had before. Roberto is charming, a wonderful chef, and a gracious host. In just a few short days we made a good friend and look forward to seeing him again. If you are looking for a private, quiet place with wonderful service at an affordable price then Casa Candiles is for you.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 30 January 2009

We stayed at Casa Candiles for 4 nights at the end of our most recent Mexico trip. We were hesitant to stay in Ixtapa, but believed based on the reviews that Casa Candiles was about as far from the Ixtapa Hotel Strip experience as you could get. It's true, this place is a lovely respite and hideaway. Roberto is an amazing and gracious host. We would recommend to anyone that they stay there and enjoy the tranquility and excellent service.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)