“seems to have gone downhill”

Tequila y Salsa Brava
Ranked #12 of 118 Restaurants in Ixtapa
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: Mexican, International
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Looking for us on Facebook Restaurant bar tequila y salsa brava
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I have been to this restaurant several times this year and it just seems to have been going downhill started out great then it was good and then it was mediocre and then last evening it was just plain bad!! do not order the chicken fajita dish it is terrible tasted like stewed chicken and the Kentucky chicken was not very good either I will say the Aztec soup was still awesome..i have sent many people here and a common complaint is the drinks esp the marg's don't taste right

2  Thank horseshoeking

Reviewed 14 March 2014

My wife and I have been coming to Ixtapa for 5 years now and have walked by this charming little restaurant countless times and just never thought of trying it. So when looking for some new dining options and reading the reviews we thought we would give Tequila y Salsa Brava's a chance. I had the Ajillo Shrimp that were outstanding and some of the best shrimp I have ever had in Mexico let alone state side as well. The presentation on the plate was very nice and not something you would expect at this quaint, clean little place next to an open lot and flea market. My wife had the half grilled chicken which at 80 pesos was a real value and left plenty for lunch for us the next day. The wait staff was friendly and attentive but not to the point of hovering. We will most certainly be back to try something else on the menu and maybe a Margarita or 2 as I've heard they do an excellent job on those as well. Just one more comment on Ixtapa in general. It seems to me that something good is going on in this resort area as my wife and both noticed that the community is just cleaner, more spruced up. The vacant areas and parking lots that used to be littered with some trash are even cleaned up.
I don't think it's just because of the Benito Juarez Holiday but whatever it is I hope they keep it up. Good job Ixtapa! Hopefully more tourist will give this area a try to help out their economy (but not too many as we love the quiet, laid back vibe).

Reviewed 11 March 2014

My husband found this restaurant after wandering around the Ixtapa shopping district. It had a nice atmosphere and was a fun place to stop and relax. We started with drinks and they brought us chips with salsa that were delicious. The service was friendly and the food we ordered arrived quickly. We started with a soup that we shared. I think it was Aztec soup,I'm not sure, but it was really good. Then we each ordered a different kinds of tacos and shared. We enjoyed all the food and the servings were large. We'll definitely stop back if we're in the area again.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

We ate dinner at tequila feb 2014. The margaritas were great 2for 1. Wife had the fish tacos they were great.I had the ribs not so great.They tasted like they came out of a crock pot. Big let down.

2  Thank walleyeman1223
Reviewed 3 March 2014

I don't know how we missed this place before but I am sure happy we found it now. We live in Ix in the winter and go out a couple of nights a week and this is the best food we have had since we got here two months ago. The first night we had tacos and barbecue ribs. EXCELLENT. The next time we had the Mahi Mahi. Best so far. Good portions, cooked to perfection and the wait staff is great, also a good price. We have been talking to other snow birds and all agree. Everyone has had a great meal. It is out of the way, in the back not far from Franks. SKIP FRANKS and go to Tequila y Salsa. I wish there were more restaurants like this.

2  Thank 0993