“A return to excellence”

Price range: US$3 - US$18
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 5 February 2014

We have been going to Soleiado for a very, very long time. It was our main restaurant in Ixtapa when we wanted a true dinner treat. At that time the restaurant was owned by a Canadian couple who ran the place and did the cooking. We enjoyed their work and we enjoyed chatting with them. The food and the place was great in so many ways. And then something happened in 2012. We ate there that year and no owners present and the experience was well…it wasn't Soleiado. We heard various versions of the reason for this after our visit and it sounded as if the owners were having some family/personal issues and the restaurant was not their priority any longer. We hoped that this issue was not that serious (they had always been very pleasant and I enjoyed chatting with both of them) but we did not return… until this year as we heard that Soleiado was "back".

I am unsure if there has been a change in ownership (it feels that way) but there certainly has been a change. Different than 10 years ago but just as great. More and new menu items and a great specials board. A couple of challenges with the front of the house (new staff?) but the manager (new owner?) was on top of things and came to their rescue. Really loved the food we received and the overall experience (including wonderful live music but not the unwanted visit by the very loud horse drawn carriage...not Soleiado's fault... it does open to the road).

Happy to return this restaurant to one of the ones we regularly visit.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

This has always been one of our favorite restaurants in Ixtapa. We love the ambience, and had a good dinner. The bread and wine were excellent, my chicken piccata was tender (I added a little squeezed limon on top), the vegetables were crisp and fresh as were the new potatoes. My husband ordered the beef fillet, and it was "tough" and dry. The fish catch of the day looked excellent and the patrons next to us did recommend the mahi mahi and sea bass. We will continue to go to Soleiados when we return to Ixtapa.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

after walking by this place for 3 yrs I finally decided to see why it is always busy and I was completely floored by the dinner we were served...from the fresh tuna carpaccio to the grilled snapper .the only minor disappointment was the muched talked about chocolate pecan pie I found this too sweet for my taste buds

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We've eaten here twice for breakfast and twice for dinner in the month we've just completed here in Ixtapa. This restaurant, in a beautiful setting down the main avenue across from Park Royale, is fast becoming one of our faves.The best Eggs Benedict I've had down here; breakfast packages include fruits, yogurt, juice, pastries, eggs a number of ways, coffee - so much that I've ordered a la carte instead, but if you're hungry, go for it! Decided to give it a shot for dinner and have been pleased both times. My husband likes the onion soup and the sausage and couscous; I had the pork roast tenderloin with Dijon and rosemary last night and it was superb! The new chef is French from Marseille, and it shows in the sauces. Good service, beautiful setting with bougainvilleas twining around the roof and blooming in front, and excellent food - you're bound to be pleased!

Reviewed 1 January 2014

Full meal deal here for the most important meal of the day - very well priced . Fresh bread for toast accompanied by a trio of homemade jams. Excellent mexican scramble and assorted egg dishes beautifully presented. Good coffee, fruit and yogurt. Nice outdoor seating. Friendly and attentive staff.