“Just OK”

Price range: US$4 - US$19
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I guess from seeing all the positive reviews, I was expecting more. Service was not great (slow and not very friendly) nor did I get the feeling of my time there being warm and inviting. Food was good, prices were a little higher than expected given all of the affordable options in Ixtapa. The new manager was present and appeared to be attending to people so that was a positive sign. Nice selection of wine when we were there.

We'll probably try it again this winter as our experience was not poor, unfortunatley it was short of our expectations on this evening last January.

1  Thank Ixtapa2ndHome

Reviewed 25 August 2014

I visited this restaurant with a group of four friends during our trip to Ixtapa. We are students from all over the world, studying at a University in another part of Mexico. We were in Ixtapa for the weekend.

Although there are many restaurants along the road next to our hotel, we had walked past Soleiado earlier in the day and seen the menu so we decided to give it a try. A very warm welcome greeted us, and we were shown the fresh fish specials. We skipped starters but were given lovely warm bread with butter (more when requested) and our wine arrived.

I personally ate Calamares al ajo, (garlic squid) which was delicious, served with rice and seasonal vegetables. I always choose squid if it is an option but the quality can vary. Here it was evident that it was very fresh, and it picked up the garlic flavour nicely without being overpowering. For desert, I ate profiteroles (even though I was full, I couldn't resist!) These were also very good, containing ice cream rather than cream which was a nice variation. I didn't get to eat them all to myself as my friend's spoons hovered, but this is testament to how good they were!

During the meal we were treated to beautiful live music in Italian, French and Spanish and we conversed in various languages with the owner and other staff who were there.

Considering the quality of the food, I would say that the prices are very fair. It is a little more expensive than many restaurants in Mexico (more like European prices) However we probably noticed this as we are students on a travelling budget, but it was worth it for a treat and given the food and atmosphere. I would have paid money just to listen to the music in all honesty!

My only suggestion would be that maybe they could have offered a slightly cheaper wine selection.

Overall, definitely recommended! A great escape from the relentless chilli of Mexico and a chance to eat some wonderful seafood, pasta or meat.... as well as the heavenly deserts!
Thank you!

Reviewed 23 August 2014

We have the pleasure to dine here on several occasions. The best part of the experience is the owner Edmundo who was undoubtedly born to be a restaurateur. He makes all his guests feel special and does everything to make the dining experience a happy one. The food is excellent, He sources many of his dishes from Mexico City and Europe. We had a most excellent country pate with Italian salami on our last visit. We have also had a delicious fish soup & coq au van. He has a good selection of quality wines at good values. The restaurant itself is comfortable and the staff professional. Often live music on weekend evenings. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We have been enjoying Soleiado for 14 years! This year under the management of Edmund the Bistro Soleiado has blossomed! The menu has expanded, the ambiance has been enhanced and the experience was pure joy. The welcoming atmosphere has remainded the same, the serving staff remains top notch and the kitchen staff is excellent as well. The addition of the live music was wonderful. Can't wait to get back to Ixtapa and Bristro Soleiado!!
We have enjoyed breakfast, brunch, dinner & drinks at Bristro Soleiado during our month's stay in Ixtapa.

1  Thank MinnesotaHawkeye
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We went to Bistro Soleiado on a Saturday night, there was live music by an Italian singer/guitar player that was excellent.
The food was very good and the service excellent, among the things that we had were a delicious eggplant parmigiana, tuna tartare, beef carpaccio, moroccan tagine, and assorted desserts.
US$44 per person including cocktails and a bottle of French wine.