We just got back from our 5 night stay at Capella Ixtapa. We choose this resort because it was featured in Conde Nast magazines hotels around the world with the sexiest pool views. We stayed here for our 10 yr anniversary and this resort exceeded our expectations.
A few things to know about the resort: Upgrade to a deluxe suite where the private plunge pool is in the sun. Our room was up on the higher floors with a terrific view. The bed was comfortable the pillows soft and the air conditioner keeps you cool at night. Everyday at 5 pm happy hour is delivered to your room! Friday night is manager’s night and you get free drinks and a continuous flow of appetizers. Monday night is all you can eat Tacos by the pool. Tequila tasting every night in the library. The rustic outdoor seafood restaurant, Las Rocas, below the pool, which also hugs the cliff, allows you to choose your dinner from a display of local catch of the day. This is a 4-course meal and you will not be disappointed.
Getting Around: We rented a car, for the same price as transportation from the airport. We could explore at our leisure. We drove to the beach, the artesian markets for souvenirs, the store for snacks and we were able to enjoy some of the local restaurants. I would high recommend a romantic sunset dinner at Villa De La Selva, the waiter was attentive and the food was delicious. And for a very affordable dinner under the stars we ate Italian food at Che Mangiano in the Marina. The food was hand made and just melts in your mouth, yummy it was sooo good!
The hotel is truly a jewel. The staff makes you feel right at home. Christian the personal assistant will help you with anything you need, Victor the server at the terrace bar makes sure your drink is never empty and Miguel the bartender will go out of his way to please you. Excellent customer service will make this a vacation you’ll never forget. Thank you for making our 10-year anniversary a memorable one.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo