“Amazingly Beautiful!!!!!”
Review of Capella Ixtapa

Capella Ixtapa
Ranked #6 of 22 Hotels in Ixtapa
Reviewed 30 September 2013

Where do I even begin....This place is amazing. The views, the staff, the food, the rooms and ammenities were all 5star. From the moment we arrived till the time we left, we were made to feel like we were a part of a family. The friendlyness and knowledge of the staff made us feel right at home. This resort is all about the views of pacific ocean that you get to see every morning from your room. It is an extremely romantic place and perfect for couples. I can also see coming here with my girlfriends for a relaxing girls weekend. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for superb service like no other. If you are struggling with a decision to book it....Go for it, you WILL NOT be dissapointed.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shonny S
Eliezer_Quin0nes, Director General at Capella Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Appreciated guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience; we are thrilled to learn you had such a great time with us. You certainly are part of the family of Capella Ixtapa and we look forward to welcoming you again in the near future so you can enjoy sitting by our pool and admire the breathtaking views of the pacific.

Reviewed 15 September 2013

I am a very fussy traveler, and must have the "best" room in the "best" hotel. It's why I choose destinations and hotels. (Annoying right? Try traveling with me). Point is, we really liked this place...really, really liked this place. The view is so unsurpassed, the typical details that bug me rolled right off my shoulders. (Again, that's saying A LOT).

We traveled in early August, Room 42. We splurged on the "private suburban," which helped my husband feel safer driving thru a new City. Easy airport pick-up, I recommend it.

The front desk staff & valet attendants were so cool. Always willing to chit-chat and give travel tips. The wait staff of mostly young men were such nice guys, we started feeling "weird' asking them to bring us stuff. The hotel has such a bed & breakfast/boutique feel, it felt like a private luxury home at times.

In early August the hotel was 40% full. Traveling Tuesday-Saturday means a lot of photos with nobody but you in them. Main pools to yourself. Only couple in the Terrace Bar. Last ones to leave the A Mares 4-course restaurant.

I had two spa appointments, while my husband enjoyed a class with Chef Miguel. Same fantastic experience as others, shop, learn, cook, eat...ridiculously amazing experience. My husband was even able to take me back into the Zihuatanejo Marketplace like he was a local. If you're a foodie, do this.

We used the Meal Plan for one day. $110 each allowed us to splurge on breakfast, enjoy a hearty pool-side lunch, and order to our hearts content at the Fish Market. A glass of wine each and I'm certain we came out ahead.

We never turned on the TV, but the phone addiction continued. Wi-fi was always up. We checked out the library a few times (okay every afternoon for complementary cookies). The library also has morning pastries. Even with lowballing the breakfast & snack budget, we spent more money here than at any other hotel. (Also, saying a lot). Infinity pool, spa appointments, chef experience, unsurpassed food, yummy drinks...hard earned dollars well spent. We'd do it all again in a heartbeat.

So why Capella over everybody else, anywhere else?
Serene and spectacular infinity views of the ocean, rocks, beach.
Infinity pool in your room.
Two large infinity hotel pools. Most days with just us in them.
Stepping into pools with bathwater temperatures.
Clean beach & rocks to explore.
Healthy delicious filling meals.
Unique Fish Market dining experience.
Complementary home-made chips, salsa, guac, and beer. DAILY.
Cuban cigars.
Being lulled to sleep by a mariachi serenata who played for a nearby guest.

Go. Book today. Go tomorrow. Just go.

Room Tip: Rooms with view of main the pool are more private. Rooms on smaller-pool side can be seen from the T...
5  Thank Debovalencia

Appreciated guest:

Hola amigos, thank you so much for your visit and THANK YOU for your detailed review. How lovely to read your comments regarding your recent stay at Capella Ixtapa. I am pleased you experienced our dining options both A Mares & Seafood Market and that you enjoyed it!! Thank you for your comments regarding service, it is with great pleasure we can offer exceptional experiences and service, as evident by your feedback.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 11 September 2013

What an incredible getaway ...
So romantic and Margarita at the front desk was so nice we loved her!
Looking into the pacific from your private inifinity pool=breathtaking..
The deluxe suites and capella deluxe suites are worth the upgrade, but either way you will be happy..
and hey rude americans.. treat the staff with respect please! some attitudes of the guests were straight nasty..
We will be back!!!!!!!!!!

4  Thank JLP8288

Appreciated guest:

I am glad to know you had a wonderful time at Capella Ixtapa. I completely agree with you, looking into the Pacific Ocean from your private infinity pool is just breathtaking and magical as well. I will be sure to pass on your kind words to Margarita.

We would love to see you again at Capella Ixtapa and have the pleasure to assist you again.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Capella Hotel is just superb, everything is perfect, view, room, bathroom, service, food, spa etc!!!
This place is for couples and rooms are situated in a manner you have unbelievable view to the pacific ocean and 100% privacy. Normally room pools are just decorative, this one not. You call front desk and in 20 min it's 32 Celsius. You can even spend the hole day in your room without a problem. Hotel 2 pools are amazing too. Staff is trained to say yes to everything. They'll try 120% to satisfy your needs. Food (breakefast - luch and dinner) are exceptionally delicious. You can speak with the chef and order him basically whatever you want. Staff speaks English perfectly. The Spa is one of the best I've ever been, imagine being in the sauna with a big window overlooking the pacific ocean!!! I've tried the best hotels in Cabo and this one is top level, same superb service you'll find in top hotels in Cabo.

Room Tip: Try and select top corner suites for 100% privacy. Ask for anything you want and this guys will make...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Alejandro M
Eliezer_Quin0nes, Director General at Capella Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Appreciated guest:

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience during your stay at Capella Ixtapa. Your feedback is very valuable to us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed our suites, the view, and our plunge pools. I will make sure to pass along your compliments to the staff to let them know about your appreciation for their service.

I truly look forward to assist you again in the future.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Very nice hotel, with a very friendly staff. Rooms are very nice and food is delicious. The look of the hotel is unique, really a Mexican style.
My first time in Ixtapa was well spent.
I love this hotel :)

Appreciated guest:

Greetings from Capella Ixtapa and thank you for writing such a kind review and I look forward to receiving you again!

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Everything is THE BEST at this place, we enjoy every minute, the food, the sights, the people, thank you for have a nice place to relax and let us be!!! From the reception to our check-out we have all good experiences.

Room Tip: Any room you choose I´m sure it will please you
1  Thank Luz Patricia S

Appreciated guest:

Thank you for your nice review. I am indeed glad you enjoyed your stay with us and that you consider that this were your best holidays ever, this makes us feel satisfied and pleased.

I truly look forward to assist you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 August 2013

This is the first time a write a review I have been close to write some before for bad experiences. but in this case what convinced me was the excellent service from this hotel and all of their staff. This must be one of the most romantic places around the view will make you stay in your room most of the time. so the first advice is Get the best room you can as you will be lots of time in it. At the hotel they will pamper you with everything making a special request meal, arranging anything you need just ask they will never say no to your requests.
Food is a little price specially simple dishes but the quality is very good and on the other hand you get every day free WIFI with very good speed, two beers, nachos and free sodas and water at your room, so considering this the total is not that expensive.
This must be in your choices for a romantic getaway, just don't expect to much from Ixtapa as it seems well built but to many commercial stores closed or not nice, so not recommended for shopping, so just get in there for the romance you will not regret it

2  Thank ALINCE12
Eliezer_Quin0nes, Director General at Capella Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Appreciated guest:

Congratulations on your first review and thank you for such a positive feedback.
How great that you were able to have a unique experience. I will make sure to let the entire staff know how much you enjoyed the service, the attention to detail, the food and the gorgeous suite.

We would to love to see you again at Capella Ixtapa and have the pleasure to assist you again.