The physical location of this property is gorgeous. The hotel is perched atop oceanside cliffs, with panoramic views of the sea from all common areas and nearly ever single room, including the bathrooms! My husband and I stayed in a room in the Cocotales wing and my mom stayed in a room right across the way, so we were able to see two different room types, both of which were very deluxe. Our room had a shaded plunge pool, a king sized bed, a walk in closet/bathroom area and separate toilet and shower area. My mom's room had a larger private pool in the sun, and a larger guest room, closet, bathroom area. Navigating around the property can be a bit tricky until you get the hang of where everything is located. There is a funicular that takes you up and down, but not all floors connect across the property, so navigation from our room to the lobby or restaurant took some getting used to. The spa was really pretty but completely empty while we were there. Upon our arrival, our bed was made up with beautiful fresh flowers spelling "Bienvenidos" and a tray of dried fruit and bottled water were waiting for us. The mini bar is stocked daily with bottled water, juices and soft drinks and they're all complimentary which is a really nice touch - especially for Americans who are weary of drinking non-bottled beverages. Food options at the hotel are tasty but quite expensive. We ate everything offered and had no tummy trouble at all! Everything feels very clean and fresh. The hotel offers beach cruisers, which we took down the road one afternoon because we were urged to check out Isla Ixtapa. In our opinion, this tour is totally unnecessary and a waste of time and money. Stay on the property at Capella for peace of mind, stellar scenery and relaxation. The staff is all very gracious and helpful and make you feel at home!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo