My wife and I spent three extremely relaxing nights here. I don't normally rate places 5-star but this place is worth it. Everything about it is comfortable and relaxing.
Our room made us feel very secluded with our little pool on our patio. We would spend the day just hanging out - drinking, soaking, doing suduko and dancing free-form to our music! We really enjoyed our time in our private little oasis.
It is definitely an adult couple kind of place. Please do not bring the family and ruin it! :)
The hotel is on the side of a steep hill so there is no beach. You enjoy the view out in the bay from up high. We would watch the fishing boats go out, the dolphins jumping and swimming in the bay and the birds soar right past our balcony. There are no vendors approaching you!
The breakfast each morning is served by very pleasant personnel in the outside coastal restaurant. You choose from a menu. The meals are fantastic with fresh fruit dishes and main course.
We had dinner at the two restaurants. The Amares restaurant is very formal. The wait staff is very knowledgeable and attentive to your requests. The Terrace restaurant has a seafood menu with very fresh catch. It is priced by the size so you can determine your hunger level. I highly recommend it for the meal and atmosphere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo