Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa
US$219
US$180
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$46
US$44
US$71
US$61
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$81
  • Pool
US$169
US$141
  • Pool
Pacifica Resort Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$138
US$204
US$198
  • Breakfast included
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific(Ixtapa)
US$443
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsplunge poolpersonal assistantterrace barthe penthouseroom servicecomplimentary guacamoleour honeymooncooking classseafood restaurantprivate terracecevichemain poolevery afternoonsteam roomthe pacific oceanevery staff memberlow season
Reviewed 17 December 2013

From beginning to end our experience at Capella Ixtapa exceeded all of our expectations! We loved the hotel, the location, the food and of course...the service!!! Even though the weather was not the best we still had the best time ever.. I do have to say that the hotel is best suited for for couples and not so much for families..

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christian R
Eliezer_Quin0nes, Director General at Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2013

Appreciated guest:

On behalf of all the staff at Capella Ixtapa I want to thank you for selecting Capella Ixtapa as your vacation destination. I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful time during your stay.

Thank you for writing such a kind review and I look forward to receiving you again soon!

Reviewed 4 December 2013

What can we say that hasn't already been said ... it's true from the very beginning of planning this trip, Margarita was so welcoming and so helpful. When you read you can ask for "whatever you want " they will do whatever they can to accommodate your request .
We arrived, and were shown around and taken to our spectacular view room - with our very own pool. Heaven on earth.... everyone was so kind and helpful. We have talked about Capella and it's resort family everyday since we've been home. Do yourself a favor and book a vacation - it's the perfect place to just veg and restore yourself. It is very private, room service is great, the food is so fresh and delicious. Have the Jicama shrimp taco's - wow, Ive never had anything like them - delicioso! The Seafood Market served up fresh catch of the day with wonderful side dishes - Chef Miguel was right there to help with personal choices and suggestions. Excellent food. Also a treat was the complimentary beer/ chips and guacamole at 5 pm. The rooms are very clean and inviting,we loved the shower view of the ocean.
Again I have to repeat how wonderful the Capella family is ... thank you for making us feel so special on our 30yr anniversary. There will be more anniversary celebrations at Capella, God willing.
Margarita, you were a delight to meet, so glad we got to spend a little time with you. God bless you - thank you for everything you did to make our time at Capella so very special.

Gratefully yours,
Doug and Donna Robinson

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ddrobinson5
Eliezer_Quin0nes, Director General at Cala de Mar Resort & Spa Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

Appreciated guest:

I want to express my gratitude for your kind words. I am pleased to know that you had a great time with us and that we created a memorable experience for you. I am also delighted to hear that you really enjoyed our Jicama shrimp tacos and your daily guacamole and chips.
I will make sure to pass along your compliments to Margarita and Chef Miguel.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

Capella, Ixtapa has to be the most amazing resort that we have ever visited. If you enjoy being waited on hand and foot, then you will love Capella. The hotel staff will provide anything, yes anything, day and night. The best thing about this resort is its privacy. There are not any loud pool parties, only sounds from the ocean waves. A big THANK-YOU to the amazing Capella staff and management.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

Appreciated guest:

I want to express my appreciation for your kind words. I am pleased to know that you had a great time with us and that we created a memorable experience for you. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your private dinner and that your overall experience exceeded your expectation

I truly look forward to assisting you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

My wife and I spent three extremely relaxing nights here. I don't normally rate places 5-star but this place is worth it. Everything about it is comfortable and relaxing.

Our room made us feel very secluded with our little pool on our patio. We would spend the day just hanging out - drinking, soaking, doing suduko and dancing free-form to our music! We really enjoyed our time in our private little oasis.

It is definitely an adult couple kind of place. Please do not bring the family and ruin it! :)

The hotel is on the side of a steep hill so there is no beach. You enjoy the view out in the bay from up high. We would watch the fishing boats go out, the dolphins jumping and swimming in the bay and the birds soar right past our balcony. There are no vendors approaching you!

The breakfast each morning is served by very pleasant personnel in the outside coastal restaurant. You choose from a menu. The meals are fantastic with fresh fruit dishes and main course.
We had dinner at the two restaurants. The Amares restaurant is very formal. The wait staff is very knowledgeable and attentive to your requests. The Terrace restaurant has a seafood menu with very fresh catch. It is priced by the size so you can determine your hunger level. I highly recommend it for the meal and atmosphere.

Room Tip: Choose a room not above the Terrace restaurant. The higher you are the better the view of the bay. The lower you are the closer you are to the crashing waves.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raindogkelley

Appreciated guest:

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Capella Ixtapa.
How lovely to hear that you had a comfortable and relaxing time. we consider ourselves blessed with outstanding scenery and we are so happy that you had enjoyed and appreciate the same.

Dinner at Seafood Market definite is amazing; the environment, service and food quality makes it remarkable. We hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We were there for our honeymoon; It was a gorgeous hotel with gorgeous views, but I guess I prefer to be a bit more active. We were there for 7 days (it was supposed to be 8, but we cut the trip short due to Hurricane Raymond), and I think we probably did almost everything you could do at the resort and in the surrounding area. The staff is awesome, the food was great, but I think we were looking for a bit more variety. Then again, my review could be jaded a bit y the 2.5 days of staring at rain towards the end of our trip.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank leahmonade

Appreciated guest:

First of all, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing the beginning of your life as a family. I am delighted to know that you found Capella Ixtapa to have gorgeous views and that the hotel itself is spectacular. It is indeed unfortunate that your stay was somehow shadowed by the tropical storm Raymond; however it was a great pleasure for us assisting you and making you feel comfortable. We truly look forward to your return to paradise.