The resort is very interesting, and the rooms were very nice with spectacular views, but the resort overall appeared to be falling into disrepair. The exterior needed work, and repainting. The landscaping was beautiful, but again, lacking in maintenance. Safety was a tremendous issue regarding the funicular (incline elevator), which was the only way to access rooms. Children would not be safe here. The elevators were not very clean either. Many of the lounge chairs were broken at one of the two pools. Lighting in the bathrooms in rooms was exceptionally poor.
The good. The food was excellent, although lacked somewhat in variety. You could not improve on the staff. All employees were friendly, and eager to please.
Did we enjoy ourselves? Yes. The resort was not that busy when we were there, which provided a certain amount of privacy, and never a wait to get into one of the restaurants, or to get a lounge by the pools.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Capella Ixtapa is a Mexico luxury resort set inside a rock cliff overlooking the Pacific Ocean. The property features suites, private plunge pools, a world-class spa, restaurants, tequila bar, beach wedding locations, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Capella Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Capella Ixtapa Zihuatanejo
- Capella Ixtapa Hotel Zihuatanejo