“Loved it so much we're getting married there!”
Review of Las Brisas Ixtapa

Las Brisas Ixtapa
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Ixtapa
Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 27 July 2005

We have stayed at Las Brisas twice now and find it one of the most romatic spots in the world, and yes we have some pretty good places to compare it to.
There are so many over priced hotels in tourist areas, I don't believe this is one of them. I think it is a reasonable price for what you are getting.
The rooms do have a need for some updating, but the private patio makes up for it! It is perfect to come back to your room after a day at the beach, or an excursion in nearby Zihuatanejo and take some time to lay in the hammock and listen to the ocean. It is a great spot to reflect on what you did that day and to realize that you actually are on vacation.
To be honest, I never noticed the bed to be hard, but it seems most hotels even in the states need better beds.
The hotel service is impecable, the only time we needed anything, it was there in minutes. The wait staff was also VERY happy when receiving a tip and in my opinion, their hands never seemed to be "out" expecting anything. I think that perhaps some people take their eagerness to make you feel welcome by helping you with your bags or bringing your food to your beach chair as a request for tips, but perhaps we should take a step back and consider that maybe they are doing what most hotels don't do...being hospitable.
We were quick to make friends with the servers on the beach and enjoyed the BEST mango daiquiris ever!
The food: We enjoyed the buffet brunch offered in the Bellavista restaurant and had some snacks down by the beach. I would recommend going to Zihuatanejo for some fresh seafood, it is a fishing village & you can taste the freshness when you eat! We enjoyed Coronas on the beach with a 2 for 1 happy hour ($2.50 for both), that never ended! We ate the freshest guacamole, and found all the locals to be super friendly.
I would as a rule of thumb not eat in hotels, because there is so much out there to see and so many great little hole in the wall restaurants that create the over all cozy, friendly and Mexican feel to the vacation.
The secluded beach at the hotel is wonderful, it is peaceful and beautiful. You truly feel as if you are in paradise. The lobby bar is great at sunset, you are looking out at the Pacific enjoying some music and a refreshing drink.
Finally...when we went to plan the logistics for our wedding, everyone from reception to the beach wait staff and even the host at brunch was genuinely excited. Their was instantly and air of romance in their voices talking about how special they would want our wedding to be.
The bottom line is in Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo - everything is so close by, which makes the seclusion aspect of Las Brisas all the more special without being inconvenient. As a testament to this review, soon we will be taking our loved ones to Las Brisas to celebrate our wedding!

• Stayed: May 2005
11  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
There are newer reviews for Las Brisas Ixtapa

Bay Area
Reviewed 18 July 2005

I had high expectations of this hotel esp that it was rated a 4 star. In all honesty, it's more 3 star to me. I admit that the view from our room was picturesque. We stayed at the Brisas Beach Club Exec Floor. It was a few bucks more because it was supposed to be an exclusive floor for Adults only inclusive of breakfast and cocktail hour. Not for that week! There was a convention and the hotel was fully booked. I guess they transferred some guests with kids to our floor. Good thing our vacation was almost over. The food was expensive for the quality. A can of coke sells for almost $3! They need more variety on food offerings at the Executive Lounge. It's okay if you are only staying for 3 days but if you are booked for a week, that's a different story. The staff were very nice and attentive. The rooms - decent and clean. The bed was a bit hard. I really enjoyed the pool area (there's an exclusive pool for adults if you want your peace and quiet). The landscaping of the hotel was done nicely. Very tropical, well-planned but very high maintenance. Since Ixtapa-Zih areas are tourist-driven, expect to pay $$$ tourist prices on almost about anything! My advise, bring lots of "dinero".

• Stayed: July 2005
4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Glenview Illinois
Reviewed 28 June 2005

We loved the hotel and the privacy. No beach vendors. Lots of chairs and chaises at pool. Plenty of seating and shade huts on beach. Dring service at beach and pool outstanding. Room service breakfast or lunch better than restaurant. Restaurants are very pricery for quality of food. Did not eat dinner at hotel at all. Food and drink prices are expensive campared to hotels of similar quality. Best to buy water, beer etc in town. Definitely going back again next January, heeding the above.

• Stayed: January 2005
5  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2005

Spent the Christmas holiday with my family at Las Brisas and we all loved it. Definitely go for the Brisas Beach Club room which includes breakfast and evening cocktails in the lounge. Some of the common areas are looking a little dated, but the resort is beautiful and the private beach is priceless. The rooms are simple, but the beds are comfortable and the rooms are very clean.

Go to dinner at Coconuts in Zihuatanejo and try they Red Snapper in Cilantro sauce- delicious.

• Stayed: December 2004
6  Thank lance92270
Reviewed 20 June 2005

My wife and I stayed at the Las Brisas Ixtapa resort June 16-19, 2005. It is a very beautiful resort and I would ignore anything you read about the beds or rooms being subpar. The king-sized beds were excellent and the four pillows were a nice touch.

Also, the housekeeping staff was great -- candies and flowers on the bed each day. They also turn down the bed at night for you. Very nice touch.

The best things, however, are the view and the patio/balcony area. The balcony is probably as big as the room, and the photos you see online are pretty much the view from each room in the resort. I cannot see how there would be a bad view at all here.

Going to Ixtapa in the "low season" is obviously the way to go -- less people, more opportunity for deals in the markets and even the restaurants. The food in Ixtapa is wonderful -- the food at the hotel is overpriced but tasty (well, the fish and shrimp tacos from the beach/pool areas and the custom-made omelettes from the $17.50 US buffet breakfast). It is best to avoid the restaurants in the hotel (due to the prices) unless you don't want to go into Ixtapa. But it's safe to be in Ixtapa -- no hassles or issues whatsoever.

However, if you want "authentic" Mexico, this resort town is not for you. Zihuatenejo may be more your speed but it's overcrowded and not nearly as nice as Ixtapa, which is strictly a town of resorts, bars, restaurants, and shops.

I highly recommend Las Brisas. The lobby bar was excellent -- the view and service (Armando?) was amazing. Claudia at check-in and Jesus (a porter) were very helpful.

Cab fare from the airport to the hotel was $28 US, but only $12 US to get to the hotel to the airport. Typical cabfare into Ixtapa from the hotel was $4 US. Maybe $10 US to Zihuatenjo marina area from hotel.

Ixtapa was great -- El Galleon at the marina was excellent. I recommend the fish and shrimp combo (approx $12 US). Drink Victoria cerveza -- better than all the rest. Bucanero's bartender (Jesus) was EXCELLENT -- very nice and helpful. He made our night. Moises was a great host (can't recall the name of his place though).

All in all, a good time.

One thing -- halfway through our stay, a strong smell of urine permeated our room at Las Brisas. I didn't know what it was -- at first thought it was the bathroom, but it wasn't. Ended up tracing the source to the airvent in the ceiling above the safe. Disgusting and made me have a headache. I am sure I could have gotten a new room had I complained earlier but thought it might go away. It never did. I was given a small gift when I brought it up to the hotel staff upon checkout.

I would stay again and recommend Las Brisas.

• Stayed: June 2005
7  Thank otterco
Reviewed 14 June 2005

I have stayed at the Las Brisas 5 times in the last 6 years . It has it's on private beach . The Hotel literally steps down the side of a Mountain to the Pacific ocean . There are no motorized vehicles permitted on their beach , which makes for a peaceful day in the sun . If you want to Parasail , then take a Taxi to Carlos&Charlies on Ixtapa beach . Which is just around the Mountain from Las Brisas. Eat lunch there , and play on the beach . But , there really is no reason to even leave this Hotel . It has everything that you could ever need . This is a 5 Star resort , with 3 Excellent International Restuarants to eat at . Plenty of Palapas on the Beach , and even an excellent Grill Restuarant that services just the beach . The open Air lounge Bar is perfect for Sunset , and Margarita's complete with Piano player. Every room has a very large private Patio , nearly the same size as the room itself. The Staff is alway's friendly , and helpful. After just a day of being there , you feel like you have known them for years . Honestly , I will not book in Ixtapa unless this Hotel is available . It truly is the best of the best in Ixtapa . You will have never seen a Pool area like this one I promise you .
See you there , Larry D. White

11  Thank Txguitarfreak
Reviewed 7 June 2005

OK, I have to say it makes me angry to read reviews saying how expensive Las Brisas is....expensive compared to what? I agree $17 dollars for breakfast is expensive, especially considereing that you can have a great Breakfast at IHOP for under $10USD, but drinks? How much do you pay for a Corona at a Hotel in the US, at least 5 if not 6 bucks. I think 4 dollars for a beer at a hotel is reasonable.
We all know what to expect....hotels are always more expensive, but usually worth it and I think Las Brisas is!
Service is fantastic, staff friendly and the hotel is breathtaking! Beds are just fine and the terraces and ocean views are worth it all.
I travel a lot for business and usually spend around $100 US at a decent hotel in a busy city, so it really doesn´t hurt to pay 130 0r 140 to stay here!

Would come back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: March 2005