Las Brisas Ixtapa
US$81
US$188
US$64
US$60
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$50
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific(Ixtapa)
US$441
clubmed.us
2,788 results
All reviewsprivate beachlobby barbella vistabrisa iiel mexicanosolarium restaurantbellavista restaurantbreakfast buffetall inclusive packagemobility issuescocktail hourall inclusive plansitting areaquiet resortmeal planbaby turtlesocean view
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Simply put, I booked a room for 7 days at a travel agent rate directly with the hotel. I asked for a confirmation number or letter to verify the rate. They said that they did not do this for travel agent rates. Of coarse when I arrived at the hotel they did NOT want to honor the rate that I was quoted.

I asked for the reservation manager. They kept saying that he was in a meeting...yah, right...

It was a true "Mexican Standoff" while I stood not moving from the front desk for 45 minutes until we settled on a rate...not the rate that I was quoted.

Just a poured concrete box to far from the beaches and towns...

As I was fighting with the front desk I over heard a poor bride to be come back to the front desk crying complaining that the room that she was now given was no where near as nice as the suite that she was promised during her meeting with the hotel staff months ago.

Buyer beware!

Take your self and wedding parties to another hotel!

Lastly, the food and drinks are way too expensive at the hotel. Never eat or drink there. You will save 80%...I mean 80% by eating and drinking in town!!!!

Oh, did I mention that this place is tired and needs to be modernized? Even for a Mexican hotel this is true.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ThePinkCar
HelloLBI, Manager at Las Brisas Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 19 January 2010

Dear Guest:

Thank you for your review. We sincere apology for not meeting your expectations.

Look forward to have the opportunity to regain your confidence in the near future.

Reviewed 29 December 2009

I stayed at the Las Brisas Ixtapa earlier this year with my wife on a winter holiday away from Seattle. The resort is fully self contained - no need to leave the property if you don't want to - although both Ixtapa and "Zih" are fun towns nearby. The food was awesome, the drinks fantastic, the property and the view phenomenal. What stands out at this resort is the service. We checked into our room and from that point onward everyone at the property "knew our name" - I felt like Norm from Cheers. If I asked for something, it was instantly taken care of. This is not an all inclusive property (thank goodness - it's not our style) - we signed for our purchases and to my amazement I was not shocked at the prices when we checked out. Excellent value and worth staying on the property.
Normally, my wife and I like to explore the local scene, but in this situation we chose to "chill" pool-side and let the cabana boys take care of our needs all day long. The hotel has a great pool area (several pools, restaurant, bar, separate children's area - lots of unbrellas for shade.
This was one of the most restful vacations I have taken in years. We told all our friends how great the trip was. We will be back.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Travel4FunSeattle_WA

Dear Guest:

We were happy to know you had an excellent and relaxing vacation at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

It will be a pleasure for us to host you again in sunny Ixtapa.

Reviewed 29 December 2009

All in all a pretty good hotel worth the price. We stayed for a week over the Christmas Holidays. Check-in and out was no problem. Hotel staff was very friendly all week. The room was very clean, spacious, and the view from the balcony was spectacular. The hotel has 4 pools, 1 of which was adults only which was our choice. The water at the beach was not as rough as many Pacific resorts are and it was possible to bathe in the waters without fearing for huge waves. My only problem was the food. Breakfasts are good with a variety of typical American and Mexican selections. Dinner however is mediocre considering that this is not an all-inclusive and I had hoped the quality would be above average. We went into town to dine after the 1st night. Kau Kan in Ziwi is fabulous and the restaurants by the Marina in Ixtapa, especially Beccofina were great. This was my 2nd trip to Ixtapa and I would definitely return to this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

We would like to thank you for choosing Las Brisas Ixtapa for your recent stay and for your valuable review.

We will be more than happy to welcome you back in this beautiful destination.

Cordially,

Reviewed 28 December 2009

We were offered (and expected) the room upgrade. Somewhat pricey, but what a great view. Off away from the mega-resort. But I think all the rooms were great. We were with kids, so the upgrade seemed more comfortable. Personnel were friendly and so helpful. First time I can say that this was the best experience. Would recommed highly!

Dear Guest:

Thank you for sharing with us your nice experience at Las Brisas Ixtapa.

Hope to see you soon !

Cordially,

Reviewed 28 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at this resort in Feb. 2009 and it was the best place we have ever stayed!! The services was amazing, the food was awesome. No complaints at all!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest:

We were delighted to host you at Las Brisas Ixtapa and sincerely look forward to welcome you back in the near future.