We went to Las Brisas at the first week of April and it was my family's first vacation, and I will say we were not disappointed! MY family consisted of my parents, my 2 year old brother, my 13 year old brother, and myself(18). First I will list the few things that aren't so good.
1. No free Wi-Fi.
If you want internet you have to pay like $180 pesos for 24 hours.
2. The mini-bar in the room is not included with the room fees!
3. Coffee is not complimentary
4. The restaurants are sort of expensive
Ok now onto the good stuff!
Let me just say that if you are looking for a hotel with a party atmosphere or some sort of night life Las Brisas is not the place to go. However, if you're looking for a relaxing and quiet place Las Brisas is just right. The staff is always very friendly and ready to make sure that you are as comfortable as possible. We had standard rooms and they were very beautiful. The all have a little place with a couch 2 chairs and a table and a balcony with 2 chairs,a coffee table, and a hammock. All the rooms face the ocean and the view is amazing! The lower room's views are covered by trees tho. Other reviews complained about the pool being far away but it's not that bad. Yes, there are lots of stairs but there are elevators you can take! The pools were very big and not crowded at all. There are 4 pools, 2 for everyone, a kiddie pool and an adult only pool. They were very nice and although the water was a bit on the cool side with Ixtapa weather the pools are heavenly. The beach is very clean but the waves are very strong so you have to be a pretty strong swimmer. There is nothing like listening to the roar of the waves at night tho. Although i'm only 18 it was legal to drink in Mex. so the lobby bar has happy hour from 10pm to 11pm and the people there are very nice so i highly recommend visiting the lobby bar.
Like i said we had lunch at the poolside restaurant and the food was very expensive so we walked into the town of Ixtapa twice everyday (about a 20 minute walk with a two year old!). We took a cab to "El Muelle" on our first day and ate at La Sirena Gorda in Zihuatanejo which had very good seafood and hamburgers. The rest of our stay we went to the little Plazas in Ixtapa. Frank's isn't too bad but for the best service in Ixtapa i highly recommend Matthew's Place on the corner of Plaza Los Patios. They serve some pretty good mexican food too! Most of the places we ate at had very good food and great service. The people of Ixtapa are some of the friendliest you'll meet! But beware! There are always people trying to get you to buy stuff so just say no thanks and walk away.
If you visit the little markets know that everything is negotiable! Vendors will always go lower than the initial price. Sometimes the cab drivers will try to charge you more than the locals because you look like a tourist. One of the cab drivers tried to charge us $50 pesos from the little marked back to the hotel but we got him to go down to $35 so don't let them push you around!
Overall our vacation was amazing! We had a great time and i recommend this hotel to everyone! I can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled into the side of a mountain and surrounded by tropical vegetation on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Mexican Pacific Riviera is where you will find this secluded tropical paradise that offers the perfect balance between recreation and relaxation. A private hilltop entrance leads into a stone courtyard with dramatic fountain, where porters escort new arrivals to the open-air reception area. Bright colors, high ceilings, and keyhole views of the Pacific Ocean highlight hotel's striking architecture. Las Brisas Ixtapa is a particular favorite of honeymooners for its romantic setting and rooms with private terraces, all with ocean views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Las Brisas Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Brisas Resort Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Brisas Resort
- Las Brisas Hotel Ixtapa
- Brisas Ixtapa
- Las Brisas Ixtapa Mexico