“Enjoyed Senor Frog's much more than I thought I would”
Review of Senor Frog's

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Senor Frog's
Ranked #1 of 5 Nightlife in Ixtapa
More attraction details
Owner description: Worldwide chain of Mexican-themed bar/restaurants featuring tons of tequila and lots of fun.
Roseville, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Enjoyed Senor Frog's much more than I thought I would”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We arrived when the restaurant opened at 5 pm - we had been walking a fair amount, were tired , hungry and thirsty. I expected a tacky Friday's, but thought "when in Ixtapa..." I was surprised by how much we (a fifty-ish couple) enjoyed it. We had a great waiter, Benjamin, who was a bit over the top, but not too much. The food was good and plentiful. Margaritas were great - plus we were given a shot of some blue stuff that came out of a big bottle that they poured into your mouth and we were given a small, free kahlua and cream at the end of the meal. It was fun and enjoyable. Plus with tip it was 600 pesos - you would spend more than that at home for the amount of food an alcohol we had. a nice place to go when you want to get away from sedate, but not anything too wild - at least early in the evening.

Visited March 2014
3 Thank Jim L

Omaha, Nebraska
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Fun but Pricey”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

This is obviously your typical Señor Frogs: touristy and overpriced. However, that is not to say we didn't have a blast. I was here for Mexican Independence Day and the place was PACKED. People were dancing on the table, tequila shots were everywhere, it was really fun. However, be aware that drink prices can be "relative"...somehow the drink price for a small, white girl was different than the price of that same drink for my male Mexican friend. That bothered me.
However, like I said, it was a good time! Just pre-game :)

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Katie L
Chicago, IL
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Don't miss Senor Frog's”
Reviewed 26 January 2013

We had dinner at Senor Frog's when we visited Ixtapa. You could walk there from our hotel (Pacifica), but we took an easy cab ride there and back. It is a great place for Mexican food...great chips and salsa, shrimp, enchiladas and fish. Enjoy!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank DJ7Chicago
Anchorage, Alaska
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“overpriced drinks”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

Overpriced drinks, typical chain restaurant. Lively but if you came to Ixtapa on a budget you might want to find elsewhere to drink.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank MsAlaska
Victoria MN USA
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Fun Place, but...”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Senor Frog's is a fun place and the food is OK. Real issue is when buying drinks...especially margarita's...they come in one size...LARGE. They charge about $10-$12 for this margarita and it is average at best. Try drinking something else!!

Visited March 2012