3,505 results
All reviewsiguana buildingchief of the villagefamily vacationcircus teambeach boysol suitesjean marcwhite nightflying trapezecrazy signsfitness classesland sportsbaby foodmain restaurantluna azulsports activitiesmusic factory
Reviewed 10 February 2014

2 week vacation review:
Room:
Pros : We had a beachfront family suite on the 3rd floor for the first week. From the silent a/c to the spread out of the room, it was more than sufficient. It was not luxurious in any way but had all that was needed and a bit more. We had the same type of suite for our second week but on ground floor. We loved walking out straight onto the beach
Cons: Lots of tiny bugs on the counter tops and bureau that I would wipe down a few times each day. House keeping only did a good job once out of the 15 days. Bed and linens were great in first suite whereas second suite had scratchy bedding and the mattress itself was so old we'd be rolling onto each other towards the center. I mentioned this to the staff but nothing was done about it. Couldn't wait to come home for a good night sleep.

Beach:
Pros: Beautiful and clean. Comfortable lounger and beach beds. Nice clean towels.
Cons: Annoying salespeople walk the beach up and down all day long so the same person will cut off your rest or conversation at least 7 or 8 times per day, times about 10 different salespeople so I can safely say that every 15 minutes or so, all day long, someone is shouting at you 'hey you want a necklace'..or dress, or bracelet, or hat, etc..After politely saying no thank you to the same person 7 times the same day, I tried to just ignore him and found out this would be impossible because he then whistled and snapped his fingers and clapped his hands while shouting 'hey lady'. They don't usually walk up to you, they stay near the water thus explaining the shouting.

Food:
Pros: Delicious and very varied. Even the fussiest will be fully satisfied. We all loved the food and beautiful presentation. Especially loved the beautiful set up on the soccer field.
Cons: At the 'a la carte' restaurant, felt like we were the food...for the mosquitoes. Although we covered ourselves in repellent, we left this restaurant covered in bites.

Overall:
Pros: The resort is spotless. Breathtaking views from everywhere and beautiful flowers and decorations throughout. Lots of comfortable seating, shade, and cozy spots to be found.
Cons: Very large and winding. It's a bit of a hike getting from the restaurant to the sol suites. Very expensive in gift shop. Paid $14 for a miniature bottle of 'off' repellent that I used up in one evening.

Staff: The best part.. every single staff I encountered was kind. I must mention the extra extraordinary who went above and beyond to make our vacation the best : Claudia and Luis : thank you so much for your kindness and professionalism. You are both fantastic. Manu :from day 1 he remembered our drinks, our names and without even asking, he would be there with a smile and our drinks as soon as we showed up on the beach and never did we have to ask for a refill, he would be there with it before we ran out, fantastic service.

The rooms, the cleanliness, the food, the beach, the staff and the weather will satisfy even the pickiest vacationer.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Karamelle25Quebec
Reviewed 10 February 2014

This was my family's first trip to Mexico, to an all-inclusive, and to a Club Med...all at the same time. Although I don't have a comparison, I don't know what more I could have asked for. From our lavender-scented cold-towels upon arrival to the moment we left the resort, we were treated to a wonderful combination of feeling like we were really welcomed and valued, but also a little like family. We had the pleasure of dining with some of the GOs early in our trip, which made us feel like we belonged, meeting familiar faces then throughout our stay.

Our children (10 & 7) are opposites of each other, yet both found their place with the welcoming GOs at the mini club. The staff allowed the children to experience (or observe) the activities at their own pace, which definitely maximized their enjoyment. My husband & I particularly enjoyed that we could tag-along on the side....letting the experts teach our children things that we couldn't, but we were able to be a part of it without being "in the way". It also allowed us the freedom to take off for a refreshment or a walk when the kids were out on the ocean etc. We signed the kids in and out according to what they wanted to do, and it made for a perfect blend of family time and new adventures for us all.

We found the food to be very good. We ended up eating at the buffet restaurant for every meal, and we never tired of the variety. It worked so well for the kids we didn't find we needed to go anywhere else. We sometimes did head to the snack shack, which also had very tasty items for us.

Special thanks go to Christian at archery, who helped my son discover an unexpected passion for the sport, and who genuinely cared about helping him do well. This may well be a lifelong sport for a boy who isn't naturally drawn to the outdoors....so thank you Christian.

Thanks also to Basti, who kept us refreshed for our entire trip, and introduced us to some tasty drinks we hadn't had before. His openness and enjoyable conversation was something I truly appreciated and I was thankful to have met him early into my trip.

The nightly entertainment was enjoyable, and I'm impressed with the energy the GOs put into everything they do. It was surely appreciated, and I had a great time just kicking back and enjoying the outdoors in the evenings.

My daughter & I took an excursion trip to the "Countryside", which I would recommend. "Paco" was our tour guide, and his knowledge and pride of his country and countrymen made it a simply wonderful day. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

The beach was very well maintained, and the waves ranged from very small on one end of the beach to larger, crashing waves on the other. It was perfect for playing in, regardless of your age or style.

Finally, my thanks to the reception staff, who ensured an unexpected glitch upon our departure was handled thoroughly and quickly. We've only been home 2 weeks, and the kids are asking when we are going back. Thank you to the all people who made this so special for us.

1  Thank ki-tonjones
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Tennis was the highlight of the trip with its outstanding tennis team of Sergio and Juanito. Sergio and Juanito are not only very talented players, but they are exceptional instructors. They ran the lessons so that everyone was always moving with great agility drills and they were helpful in correcting everyone's technique. They were very positive and energetic on the court. They went out of their way to make me a better tennis player and help me with my serve and technique. I encourage anyone who is interested in tennis to come to Ixtapa to take lessons with Sergio and Juanito because they are great teachers!

If you are traveling without children, I do not recommend Ixtapa. It is atypical of a Club Med resort with much less to do then other Club Med resorts. There is very little wind for sailing. The authentic Mexican food was delicious!!! I have heard it is perfect for families.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Oceansunshine4
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This was our 2nd trip to Club Med Ixtapa, with kids now in the perfect age bracket to fully appreciate all the amazing activities available. Our 6 year old son would probably still be there (and not noticed our absence) with Augustine at the Mini Club if he had his choice! The GO's, particularly in the kids' clubs, are absolutely amazing. Friendly, so much fun, and like family from the minute you walk on to the resort. GO's Augustine, Eli 'Boom Boom', Wanny, Josia & Karina-a huge shout out to your fabulous care of our kids. The set up of the family rooms, the lovely fresh food & the beautiful beach/pools were all excellent as well. Truly a resort where 'family' is the centre of attention. Muchos gracias, Club Med!!

Room Tip: Club Family room in the Iguana building has a separate room for the kids, their own TV and desk, and is super spacious. And close to the Mini Clubs for kids.
1  Thank Kirsty S
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is our 2nd trip to a Club Med resort. You can't beat a well secured all-inclusive for a relaxing family get away. Day 1: Step 1 - make sure you're up to date on all the activities they offer. It's a shame to wait until the end of your trip to realize how much fun it is to sail, trapeze or salsa. The staff is fantastic, very friendly & low key. Don't expect any exciting excursions outside the resort as Ixtapa isn't a large town. DON'T ride the Banana Boat! The beaches are public in Mexico & an independent operator (NOT Club Med) runs this inflatable contraption. Stick to the CM activities you've already paid for.

Room Tip: We asked for two adjoining rooms so our children had their own sleep & shower facilities. No additional cost.