3,616 results
All reviews iguana building chief of the village circus team family vacation sol suites beach boy white night crazy signs flying trapeze jean marc big d land sports fitness instructor music factory baby food luna azul aqua gym
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This was our first vacation at a Club Med, myself, my husband and our 23 month old son. We enjoyed the resort, it is beautiful, kept immaculately clean and relaxing.
We stayed in the Muneca building, it is a great location, close to the beach and not too far from everything else. Very quiet at night, we would never have known that there were people above us or on either side of us. The housekeeping staff visited our room 3 times per day and did a wonderful job of keeping the sand cleaned up.
Every staff member we came in contact with was always so kind, helpful and gracious. My husband spent a fair amount of time at the outdoor bar, and enjoyed visiting with the bartenders.

Our son went to baby med a few times and I am so impressed with Dora and the rest of the staff. They have a fantastic schedule that they stick to and keep the toddlers happy and busy. They would get those toddlers in their bathing suits and sunscreen and head to the beach for about an hour each morning, then bring them back to the covered pool to play some more, a quick shower, dressed and then lunch. Our son has food allergies and they were conscious of it and made sure he didn't eat anything he shouldn't. The toddler pool is right outside the baby med and is covered with a mesh canopy, so we would spend a fair amount of time there and I was able to observe the staff bring everything(cots, highchairs, toys, stroller) outside to be washed with soap & water. It was kept very clean. I was also able to see the interaction and all the women are kind and cheerful to the toddlers. My only disappointment on a return trip is that he will be older and will not with the same wonderful staff.
The boutique is well maintained, carries some essentials if you forgot anything at home- both my husband and son needed sunglasses and we found nice ones for both at an affordable price.
We always ate at the buffet, which was very good food, kept clean and so much food and plenty of variety. Fresh fruits and vegetables, cooked vegetables, pasta, wonderful cheeses and breads, made to order omlets.
My only suggestions to Club Med is more hand sanitiziers throughout the public areas and several more in the buffet restaurant. Travelers you should carry your own and use it after you have been through the buffet lines.
The pool areas were a bit too crowded and I think that lots of people put towels and bags on the lounge chairs around the pool at 8 am and then show up around 10:30. It was impossible to get a decent chair if you did not pre-reserve. It was very annoying to see chair after chair vacant for several hours while people went to eat or to various activities.
Don't overpack, the laundry service is affordable and excellent, same day service for us, about 150 pesos per 10 pieces.
I was going to use the "free bus" to go to town shopping on Wednesday, the buses come through about every 30 minutes, I waited over an hour and finally took a taxi to town. I never saw one bus. Not sure about that service.
I did get a massage at the hut at the edge of the beach, in reading other peoples reviews, I seem to be the only one who was disappointed. For $40 you get what you pay for, and there is 5 massage tables lined up right next to one another. ukk.
Budget permitting we will definitely return to Club Med Ixtapa.
Thank you everyone.

4  Thank Andrea P
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We just returned from our vacation in Club Med, Ixtapa. The best vacation ever. We were a group of 16 family and friends. The grounds are beautiful. There is a long stretch of beautiful beach with plenty of lounges. There is always something going on, never boring. Lots of activites in the pool and everywhere else. The GO's were amazing, always there to help and make you vacation a perfect one. Diego is an amazing GO always around to sing and make everyone happy. Mehdi Osmani, the Chief of Village is an excellent chief making sure that everything is working as it should. He is Courteous, Attentive and Observant to all that is happening in the village. He is very intuitive and very concerned that all the guests are happy. We had an issue in our group that he managed to repair in the best way possible and I am grateful. Thank you very much Mehdi. The week was perfect in every way, the activity for all ages. the shows every night and the duet singers every night by the bar across from the sunset, the food in the buffet, exceeds all that we experienced previously. This was a great vacation and definitely we will return.

Room tip: We stayed at the Iguana building which was close to the kids club which we used and were very happy.
1  Thank NYtraveler42
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We just returned from our second trip to Club Med Ixtapa and once again had a fabulous visit. The setting can't be beat; the views are spectacular from almost every vantage point and it is impossible not to relax. This is a particularly great club med for families as the Mini club is great and there are many fun activities for kids and for kids plus families. Particular pluses at this location:

Food: fresh, plentiful and tasty. I particularly want to note Chef German Castellanos, who went out of his way every day to make sure we had a great meal and a wonderful experience in general. My child has several serious food allergies and German met with us at nearly every meal to tell us what was safe for him and guide our choices. Last year he even made special things for our son in the back if the options were limited (without us asking). German is a stellar human being and great chef.

Mini-club: great activities for the kids and enthusiastic GOs. Especially loved interacting with Genesis, Karina and Hoshi.

Spa: wonderful massages in a very calming environment

Minor negatives: excursion selection is not great. Highly recommend the snorkel trip to Ixtapa Island - easy and fun (and great for kids just learning to snorkel).

1  Thank gal11
Reviewed 23 February 2014

If you're planning a family vacation at Club Med, Cancun Club Med is far and away a better choice than Ixtapa. Parents at Ixtapa are banished from archery, trapeze, and the climbing wall until 4 P.M. so that children can use the equipment all day. At Cancun, sports are scheduled so that both children and parents can enjoy every sport.

Before you invite Grandpa to join you at Club Med Ixtapa, be aware that every activity and destination requires at least one flight of stairs. The main restaurant is downstairs from reception and upstairs from the main bar. A flight of stairs goes down from the pool to the beach.
I had been told that the expensive rooms would be better for mobility-impaired guests. Although these rooms are close to the beach, they are a long hike from the restaurants, bars, and sailing.
Other travelers have already complained about Internet service. Not only are guests required to pay for Internet access, but the response time is so bad that applications time out before a response is received.
Ixtapa is very hot and sunny during winter, but there are no palapas on the beach, unlike less-expensive hotels. There were a few canopies, but these were fully occupied by 8 A.M. There was not even shade on the beach-volleyball court, so very few vacationers could be convinced to play. Club Med should move the court to a shadier location, and/or they should plant more palm trees. The lack of shade was a problem throughout common areas of the Club. Although Cancun is cooler than Ixtapa, Cancun has more shaded areas.

I had been looking forward to long walks on the beach, but Club Med's beach is blocked by rocks at both ends. Eventually, I found a path through the woods at the north end of Club Med (near the beach) and was able to escape to Playa Linda. From the Playa Linda pier, one can take a boat shuttle to Ixtapa Island and walk to the snorkeling reef in the cove on the other side of the island. One can also walk to the lagoon at Playa Linda and see crocodiles, egrets, and many other birds. At Playa Linda, there are also shops for tourists and buses that go to downtown Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. I really recommend taking a day to go to Zihuatanejo. The cost is only 10 pesos, less than $1USD.

Once I figured out how to escape Club Med to get to Playa Linda, Ixtapa Island, and downtown Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo, I felt less like I was confined at Guantanamo. In the restaurant, vacationers were not seated together at tables of eight, so it was much more difficult to meet other vacationers, making me miss the original Club Med.

The impossible Internet "service" increased the feeling of isolation. In fact, there was no Internet "service" in the rooms at all. Thankfully, the air conditioning did work and was very quiet. Every room had a refrigerator, coffee, safe, and bottled water. Mattresses were rock hard, just like the old Club Med, but rooms had a couch that could be used as an additional, more comfortable, bed. Rooms had no balconies which would have been nice, in spite of the mosquitoes.

Speaking of mosquitoes, bring plenty of repellent. Although Club Med says that grounds are sprayed twice a day with a "safe" treatment, we were eaten alive at dusk every night. One night, dinner was served outdoors on the soccer field, and the mosquitoes had the best buffet of the week. We did not have a chance to eat at the specialty restaurant, because it was closed almost every night. The other specialty restaurant was not available at all due to maintenance.

Most important, bring your own snorkel gear, because Club Med won't provide it unless you pay for an excursion. Windsurfing is no longer offered at Ixtapa, and there are no bicycles, unlike nearby hotels. We will probably not return to Club Med Ixtapa.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank WorldTraveler9
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a 1 week vacation. We frequent all inclusive a and this was top notch!
We had 2 5 year olds and 2 2 1/2 year olds in the mini camp. Unfortunately we had
To pay for the younger ones but it was well worth it. Morgan and Mariana and Ellie "boom boom"
Were awesome and kept
The kids entertained all week.
The food was excellent. As was our waitress Hilda Fernando pool side was always getting us drinks!. Pepe & 'Diego were great also. The chief medi was
Great as well as Fabian. Fireworks on the last dayThe rooms were large family rooms! What a great trip we will return.