This was our first visit to club med Ixtapa with my two sons (aged 11 and 9). We had a great time. My oldest son said: "This was our best vacation, ever. Not only with you dad, but among all our vacations"
We loved the organized sporting activities, including soccer, archery, tennis, kayaking, sailing, beach-volleyball. The GO team is amazing. Everyone is friendly and genuinely interested in making your vacation the best possible. Claret at archery and Javier at tennis are the best. But all the sports GOs (Yoan, Logan, Josie, Christian, Alvaro, Jorge, Brit) were amazing. Cynthia, Alphonso, and Daniel at the bar and all the restaurant GO and GEs made sure our drinks and meals were pefect. The junior-club GOs (Ben, Ellie Boom Boom, Melody, Chloe) engaged the boys in all kinds of fun games on dry land, the pool or the ocean. Now I am seriously worried that I may be forgetting someone! Because all the GOs, starting with Flavia and Mourad, were wonderful. Even on the 3 rainy days, they made sure we had fun in the bar and theater.
- adults and children of all ages can choose between joining in organized activities, practicing sports on their own or lounging by the pool or the ocean.
- If you travel with kids in the 8-10 yo range, you can opt to allow them to check-in and out of the mini club on their own. (As is the case for 11-18 year olds). I strongly recommend doing this. Gives them the freedom to come in and out of activities as they like. And there is never a safety concern.
- The ocean water is not clear (no turquoize waters here) but it is refreshing after any activity. The sun is strong and you need to apply sunscreen often.
- The main restaurant has gorgeous views and many outdoor tables. We were there at low-season for the resort and there were always outdoor tables available.
- The miramar bar is great for coffee and drinks by the beach. It is open for meals when the main resturant is closed.
- Make sure to make reservations at Luna Azul and the Miramar when they are open for dinner. the service is slow, but the food is great and both are fantastic locations
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover the wonders of Mexico during your stay at Ixtapa Pacific, a heavenly Mexican hacienda-style all-inclusive resort, elected as one of the ‘world’s best’ family resorts by Trip Advisor. Travel to Club Med Ixtapa Pacific and enjoy a carefree all-inclusive vacation in spectacular sceneries, as the resort is nestled between the Sierra Madre mountains and the shores of the Pacific Ocean. A hassle-free stay for you, an adventure for your kids: practice your favorite sports, indulge at the Spa* or relax on a lounge chair on the breathtaking beach while your children are entertained at Club Med's world-famous Children's Clubs with dedicated activities and sports for children and teenagers, for each age group, and all coordinated by qualified and enthusiastic professionals. Already one of the best family resort for those traveling with babies, this environmentally-friendly hideaway also offers activities for adults. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Club Med so you can book your Club Med Ixtapa Pacific reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med Ixtapa Pacific Hotel Ixtapa
- Club Med Zihuatanejo
- Zihuatanejo Club Med
- Ixtapa Club Med