1,145 results
All reviews pool activities beautiful beach love ixtapa pool side breakfast and lunch spent a week time share bogart ocean jose jesus sunset waves sand zihuatanejo minnesota cancun
Reviewed 14 March 2013

Hotel is nice. View from room was awesome. Food was not the best. We always go all inclusive and this was the first time ever that we've had to pay for a bottle of water!! When we were there in Feb 2013, we noticed that most people did not do all inclusive. Ixtapa does have a lot of good places to eat and most people may have known that. Two wonderful restaurants were Villa de la Selva and Momma Norma and Deborah's. The swimming pools are very nice. No swim up bar tho. But staff was always making sure you had a drink and it isn't far to walk to the bar area! Very friendly staff.

Date of stay: March 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Liz D, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2013

Hello!!

Thank you for your comments, we are glad to hear that you had a good vacation with us, that´s why we are here, let us pamper you, we´re working on your suggestions about the food, we hope to see you for the next vacations... Best Regards

Reviewed 4 March 2013

We booked our vacation through Funjet. The Krystal was advertised as being all-inclusive. It is not. There were extra charges everywhere.

The snack bar by the pool offered hamburgers that looked like hockey pucks, hot dogs and fries. One day they had fish tacos, that I had heard were really good. When I asked for one, they asked to see my bracelet and then told me I would have to pay $13.00. They advertise 5 restaurants. There were two. Bogarts is in front of the hotel. We were allowed to go there 2 nights and had to eat at either 6pm or 9 pm. There were two other eating areas on the property that served the same thing everyday for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The food was cold and very limited choices. We ended going across the street 3 nights to get something decent to eat.

There was a locked refrigerator in our room. We had to give them a credit card to get it unlocked and then pay for anything we took out of it when we checked out. We had a coffee pot in our room, but no coffee. We had to repeatedly call the front desk for coffee packets and then did not get them on some days.

There were no activities or entertainment of any kind, except for one day. They had water aerobics one day and they had some dancers one night. They were at only 34 percent capacity, but yet, it was very difficult to get an umbrella by the pool. It was obvious that the people who were not wearing any bracelet (probably inclusive people) were getting preferential treatment over the rest of us. Chairs, umbrellas, etc. we're being moved around as early as 4:30am.

My husband and I had an ocean front Junior Suite that was wonderful. The friends that were with us had a standard room that they were not happy with at all. They had problems with the shower and the room hadn't been updated in years.

We have been to Ixtapa on many other vacations but this was our first AND LAST stay at the Krystal!!

Date of stay: February 2013

Hi everyone!!
Thanks for let us know your comments, we are really sorry to hear that your vacation wasn't as good as you were expecting them, we do our best to to get guest satisfied, sorry that we can not do it with you, we´re working hard in your recomendations... Thanks for taking the time to send us your suggestions.. Best regards!

Reviewed 28 February 2013

My third trip to Ixtapa, and my former hotel has gone all-inclusive, so preferring to take most meals in town, I tried the Krystal. It suited me just fine.
Ixtapa is, still, a less glitzy, more down-home alternative to the faster pace found in Acapulco, PV, Cancun, etc. During the week, at least during winter months, Ixtapa hotels are filled mainly with American and Canadian visitors, often from the Midwest; the nearest airport, Zihuatanejo, has direct flights from Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, even Calgary. On weekends, Mexican families drive over from the interior, and the hotels become melting pots . . . a good way to practice your Spanish!
Ixtapa has an excellent 3 km. beach, good restaurants, inviting shops, a little nightlife, and hotels with blue swimming pools and palapas anchored in the sand, facing the sunset. I like it there!
The Krystal Hotel is not deluxe, but it provides what it's supposed to: A clean room in which to rest your head and let the surf-sound lull you to sleep; a roomy pool with plenty of lounge chairs and a beverage bar; beachfront location; friendly staff; easy access to various beach activities (parasail, jet ski, massage tents, volleyball, jogging or strolling on the sand); on-site restaurants (try the dazzling Bogart's if you want to splurge); and walking proximity to the shops and restaurants in town. Our room showed a little wear, but was well within expectations.
In a more prosaic location, the Krystal might rate three stars; due to its beachfront location in marvelous Ixtapa, I give it four.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Liz D, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2013

Hello!

Thanks for your good comments... we're glad to hear that you spent a good time here.. you know that we still here because of you... hope to see you the next vacations... next year!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

The pros: staff, views from upper level rooms, beach, location and pool
The cons: drinks too expensive, small, problems with bathrooms, we switched rooms 3 times, poor air conditioners, no activities during the day, food from what friends told us was terrible, they ended going out to eat even after paying for all-inclusive

The weekends tender to a lot of locals, the hotel is trying to safe his butt, so they are booking 3 or 4 day weekend getaways and I mean tons of children. I don't have anything against that but they come to the hotel and are not very friendly or respectful of the staff and hotel.

Sunsets to dye for, location to excellent restaurants to eat......don't hesitate to go to Ixtapa, but think twice before booking Krystal.

Room tip: Make sure to request upper level rooms, 6th and higher, better views and bathrooms have been remodeled.
Date of stay: February 2013

Hello!!
Thank you for let us know your comments about the service... we´re working on the problems you see.. Hope to see you soon to prove you our changes...

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Ixtapa is the best place to go in Mexico for perfect weather in the winter, other than Acapulco, which is too crazy for me. For the second year in a row, I stayed at the Krystal hotel In Ixtapa in January. It was great. My friend went with me last year, but she couldn't go again, so I decided to go by myself. It is in a perfect location, right on the beach, and across the street from great restaurants and shops. I asked for the same junior suite that I had last year, and it was waiting for me when I got there in the evening. The views from the 8th floor are incredible, on two sides, with two balconies.

When I arrived, the fridge was not working, and within minutes it was taken care of. I don't like all-inclusive plans because there are great restaurants in Ixtapa and Zihuataneho. I only ate at the Krystal twice, one breakfast and one lunch, and the food was ok. The pool area is wonderful and not too crowded like at other hotels. The beach is phenomenal. I noticed that the same people return year after year, and it is a very friendly environment. The evenings are quiet. The staff is good, especially Liceth, the public relations manager. She is outstanding, and remembered me by name. She went out of her way to make sure my stay was terrific. ¡Me encanta el hotel Krystal! I hope to go back again and again.

Room tip: Get a junior suite. The views are fabulous.
Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
3  Thank Susan N
Liz D, Public Relations Manager at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2013

Hello!!!

Thank you very much for your comments... i'm really glad to hear that you have had a great vacation, that was our goal, we hope to see you here the next vacation.. Let us pamper you as you deserve it... thanks again..