1,083 results
All reviews pizza bar sound of the waves beautiful beach love ixtapa pool side dinner buffet spent a week beach volleyball time share bogart annabel ocean jesus jose sunset sand captain
Reviewed 31 July 2018

This is a nice hotel and right on the beach. It big and a lot of people including kids stay here. The service was good but you get lost in the shuffle. the pool area can really get busy and noisy with loud music... The restaurants are ok but not super. But here's the good news. Safe beautiful beach. Nice nightlife close by. Great Surfing (watch out for sharks... I surfed here and at the river mouth and it was great. I saw a lot of little hammerheads. Zihuatanejo is a small fishing village just a few miles south and you couldn't ask for a more romantic, quiet place with great food. So for the price the Krystal is a good place to sleep and store your stuff but many great place to escape and explore.

Room Tip: Top floor and at the end away from elevators
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Oscar Abel R, Director General at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2018

Estimado makeitso4u:

Thank you very much for your valuable comments; we are pleased to know that your stay was pleasant, indeed. The Krystal Ixtapa Zihuatanejo is always thinking of providing the best service, attention and security to its guests.

One of the most important points in which we work is the honesty of all our staff, that's why your hotel Krystal, has distinguished itself, we continue working in all our areas, to offer more services, fun and entertainment and have better experiences.

We will be waiting for you on your next visit.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

For what I paid I could not ask for anything more. The rooms were spotless, staff was more than accommodating, perfect location, beautiful beach, very happy guests, breakfasts were great! If I was going for the food I would have spent literally ten times more and stayed at the Barcelo. My mother is in a wheelchair and two of the staff literally carried her IN her wheelchair down to the beach!
Will definitely be going back!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank kathleend1908
Oscar Abel R, Director General at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2018

Dear Kathleen:

We greatly appreciate the valuable comments that you have kindly written on the Trip Advisor network, your comments will definitely make other customers, just like you choose KRYSTAL IXTAPA as a destination to enjoy an unforgettable family vacation.

It is very gratifying to read that he found our staff exceptional and that they made their holidays a special moment. In KRYSTAL IXTAPA we bet strongly on the team to provide a first class service, ensuring that they leave feeling that they received exceptional service and when this work is recognized, it makes all our effort worthwhile. Regarding your comments on the facilities, I would like to tell you that we are remodeling in order to offer you better quality.

We hope to receive you in the near future, we will be happy to welcome you and your appreciable family with open arms.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

First time for me at the Krystal, though my companion stays there every year. Loved the location in Ixtapa-short walk to town for restaurants and shopping. Close to a bike/running path that was safe (though I would prefer to go with someone as it is secluded, even with workers and maintenance around.) Public transportation (bus stop) right in front of the hotel. (Love taking local public transportation when I travel to catch a real flavor of the city.) Our room was lovely-not uber luxury, but clean, nice, good bed and pillows. Ocean and beach view from our room and balcony were spectacular. The Krystal food truck outside was outstanding-great shrimp tacos and inexpensive. What really cinched it however, was the staff. We changed rooms after two days (minor snafu with the usual room we reserve) and I left three pieces of jewelry in the original room. I wasn't wearing it every day (swimming in the ocean, running and all), so I didn't notice for two days. Figured it was lost since guests were now in the first room. I spoke with PABLO at the front desk, explained the situation, figuring it was a long shot, but worth a try. He worked on it and the head of security delivered it to my room the following evening. Hoped for but never expected that outcome and am grateful for the extra effort from PABLO and his staff. ARMANDO handled our reservation and some other details (we don't do the all-inclusive) and he is great-professional, personable. Everyone else was helpful, friendly, always remembering us. ALEX at the airline rez desk was great. We got help changing money as well.
Used the palapas on the beach (get there early in the morning to snag your seat) and sat oceanside. Didn't participate in any pool activities, though there were a lot to choose from (Pool exercises, volleyball, beach yoga etc...)The music by the pool was too loud for my tastes. There was evening entertainment in the courtyard, but it was quiet at exactly 10 PM. Elevators were quick. Not sure what to make of some other poor reviews as our stay was easy and without issue. Relaxed, got out and about a lot, enjoyed my stay and I can't wait to return next year.
PS There is a nice movie house in Ixtapa and late one afternoon, we caught "The Shape of Water" in English subs. Cheap, great seats and a nice break from the sun and surf!

Room Tip: Ask staff at front desk...higher floors have a better view of ocean (trees don't obscure the view.)
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank aliceloves2travel
Oscar Abel R, Director General at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2018

Dear Alice:

Thank you very much for your valuable comments, we are pleased to know that your stay was pleasant, indeed. The Krystal Ixtapa Zihuatanejo is always thinking about how to pamper more guests.

That is why its hotel Krystal began last December, 2016 a comprehensive remodeling in all its areas, to offer more services, fun and entertainment and have better experiences.

We will be waiting for you on your next visit.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I would call this a one star hotel, not happy with a lot of the things here. Dinning room doesn't open till 7pm,if it opens at all, food is very tasteless, had to go off resort to have a great meal. Music at the pool was very loud, locals took over the place every weekend, kids were unruly, and they didn't care if your stuff was one a chair, they tried to take it anyway!!. Rooms were not great (3 different paint colours, 3different floor tiles) rooms were clean, but not sound proof. The "theatre" is a wooden stage in a grassy area with no English spoken! Staff either were so friendly or avoided you as much as possible. Will go back to Ixtapa, but never back to this place!!

Room Tip: Go to another place
Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
5  Thank Lori M
Oscar Abel R, Director General at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Dear Lori:

Thank you very much; I appreciate you taking the time to leave your valuable comments about our service. I’ve taken note about your comment and I have personally spoken with our staff and we will act to strengthen our service immediately.

We are sorry for all the inconveniences, nevertheless we thank you infinitely for telling us what’s going on, so we can truly see our areas of opportunity.

We hope to be of your preference for your next trip, and give us the opportunity to show you the changes we’ve made.

General Director

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We arrived on March 18 & leave tmr. B4 arriving I read some negative reviews but have been very impressed with the hotel & staff. Our room was very nice with a king bed & nice ocean view. AC worked great. Shower had good pressure with lots of hot water. The wifi was spotty but since we have been here they have been working on upgrades & its excellent now. The hotel is very clean. The pool & pool area are top notch. I read reviews saying loungers were scarce but we never had a problem no matter what time of day. It will definitely be busy now with the start of Mexican Easter vacation. The service at the restaurants & bars was always very good. The food was good. Always finding something that appealed to us. Breakfast buffet very good with an omelet station. There is a snack bar & pizza bar. The Italian ala cart was very good. They could improve here by having an English menu. There is also Bogarts out front which seems to be a higher end restaurant. We never went as I refuse to wear long pants on a warm vacation.
Service at the bars was excellent. They never came around much to serve you but I never had an issue with walking the 100 feet to get a drink. We never had a fridge but they would always provide you with buckets of ice. We were all inclusive but bought some drinks at the store to enjoy on our room balcony.
We had a few occasions to deal with the front desk & they were very helpful.
The ocean was too rough for me to go into so we just enjoyed the beautiful pool.
I would definitely stay here again & recommend to friends.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Oscar Abel R, Director General at Krystal Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Estimado wndnns: