Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa
US$322
US$301
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Posada Real Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$120
US$473
US$332
US$148
US$95
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$63
Club Med Ixtapa Pacific(Ixtapa)
US$441
clubmed.us
1,357 results
All reviewsintercontinental presidentemexican fiestasports barpool viewtowel manmary loufiesta nightcigarette buttsdirectly across the streetactivities staffblue shrimpyogurtwater aerobicsmexican foodmake reservationsbeach volleyballocean front
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2011

This is by far the worst hotel I ever stayed! The room was old and the AC wasnt working, staff is rude, the guy who I asked for matches at the main desk told me to buy lighter (I couldn't believe he told me that because this is an "all inclusive resort")

The booze was cheap and they have few options

The wine was mixed with water
please DO NOT stay in this "5 stars" all inclusive hotel there are many options in ixtapa for less money

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HORRIBLE!

• Stayed: July 2011
2  Thank apaoiram
Presidente_Ixtapa, General Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2011

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for posting your experience in TripAdvisor. It is very important for us to have any feedback as possible to detect the areas that we must improve.

I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectation and I am working with Reception to avoid this kind of situation.

In reference of our “booze”, we are the only hotel All inclusive in Ixtapa which offer premium brands. Also the red wine and the white wine served in the restaurant is a Chilean wine and we do not mix it with water. Maybe this wine did not satisfy your palate but we offer A la Carte wine with an extra charge.

Thank you again for your feedback.

Best regards,

Stephan Coudon

Reviewed 31 July 2011

I went for my honeymoon because a friend recommended this beautiful hotel, the place was real nice, very clean, installations were perfect. The best thing is the staff, very professional, they treat you with a lot of respect, and are always aware of your needs. I want to congratulate in special the entertainment staff. Good job huber! Also captain David is amazing, he runs the restaurants very professional. And mr. Veracruz(bellboy) always nice to us, greeting at all times. The beach and the town is amazing i would love to go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The service was great especially from Jorge Sanchez, who made us feel comfortable on our arrival and advised us on our trip to Las Gatas Beach in Zihuatanejo. The food was good. The activities were fun. We will be returning soon for another great experience.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 July 2011

We were there Feb 26th thru March 6th and had a wonderful fun family vacation. My daughter was married on the beach and we made all the plans by email so was a little worried about it but was very surprised at how beautiful it all turned out. It was stress free. Everything was planned out and the flowers were ordered and they had a lady come to the hotel and do my daughters hair and make up all at a very reasonable price.We could not have asked for a better hotel or food or service from all of the staff. This was our third time staying there and we will be back again. Vicki

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2011

I would like thank you and your staff for providing excellent customer service and making our trip to Presidente Intercontinental Ixtapa a memorable one. We absolutely loved everything about your resort, the staff, the atmosphere, the cleanliness, rooms and the food. Before arrival, I email Stephan (Manager) and mentioned that my husband will be celebrating his birthday during our stay. We sure got an amazing surprise that day, a cake was delivered to our room, your team truly made his birthday celebration very special and memorable.

I would like to thank two very special staff members you have on your team, Ricardo Lopez, chef, and Jorge S. in guest services. The first night we arrived in Ixtapa, we briefly spoke to Ricardo while ordering our meals about our dietary restrictions. My wife and I do not eat any kind of meat including pork, beef, or chicken with the exception of fish. Ricardo immediately took our restrictions into consideration and prepared our meal on a clean grill and with new utensils. Since the very first day, Ricardo has taken the time to prepare special seafood meals for us each night and amazingly enough has always gone the extra mile in his food presentation. We took pictures of every single dish he made for us and we would love to share it with you when we return to Toronto. Ricardo is extremely talented as a chef and possesses managerial qualities, Ricardo made our stay at Presidente very special. I would also like to commend Jorge for being so friendly and knowledgeable. Since the day we arrived, Jorge has always provided us with accurate and timely information regarding tourism in Ixtapa. Jorge always has a smile on his face and puts in extra effort to make sure all the guests are happily accommodated. He is definitely an asset to your team here at the Presidente.

For all those people who complain about the locals: People in Mexico are friendly and lovable, they have great cultural values and family traditions. We did not mind mingling with the locals at all. If anything us "North Americans" can learn a few things about cultural values/family traditions bring something back. Be open-minded afterall we are in their county!!!

Thank you once again, we would love to be back here at the Presidente, Ixtapa.

S&J

Room Tip: Oceam View
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple