Where to begin – (we are a 30 year old couple) we travelled with a group of 8 – ranging in age from 14-65 and our stays varied between 7, 8 and 10 days. If you have never been to Ixtapa and are unsure…. – YOU NEED TO GO!!
The Presidente is in the perfect location! You almost don’t even need to leave the resort. If you do like to venture out, right across the street is Senior frogs, as well as shopping and other little restaurants (Literally right across the street) and if you want a flea market –it is only a 3-5 minute walk off the resort.
The only time we took a cab was to go snorkeling in Zihuatanejo. 80 pesos and they drop you off right there. You walk down a boardwalk, pay 40 pesos per person for a round trip on the boat, they bring you right to the island (BRING WATER SHOES – IF NOT SNORKLING) and you can snorkel right there off the beach. They have umbrellas and tables set up and will come around and take your food or drink order. (*Note- make sure the price on the menu is in Pesos) Way cheaper then doing an ‘excursion’ and we were a group of mostly females traveling.
The pool was excellent! And appeared to be cleaned EVERYNIGHT!! It was not too cold, yet refreshing when you needed to cool off. The staff at the pool bar Victor and Humberto were great, as well as the staff taking your drink orders from your chairs. When it comes to chairs… the first ones to go are the shade chairs around the pool but there were plenty chairs to go around. Getting a spot on the beach under the palapas was not an issue at all! OMG how could I forget – The Presidente has the largest, softest pool towels I’ve ever come across at a resort. More than impressed! However… keep an eye on them as on a few occasions we had other guests try to take our towels. ($30.00 charge for each towel not returned)
The Beach in front of the resort is the best beach we have been to. The sand is soft in and out of the ocean, no rocks, no coral, and no need for water shoes! The best part – YOU CAN SEE FISH right there! The sand was great for beach volleyball! While we were there, the waves were breaking pretty close to shore – but if you swam out just past where they were breaking (yes you could still touch) it was the perfect location to float.
The rooms were very clean and the beds were beyond comfortable!! We upgraded to a pool view. As a note: There are no Coffee pots in the rooms and not all rooms have a bar fridge – no big deal. 2) If you do have a bar fridge, they charge you $15.00 to re-stock it every time (again no big deal) 3) They have shopping literally right across the street – where you can spend 4.00 on 4 large bottles of water. We chose to go across the street and shop. Worked out perfect! And to be honest… we had a bar fridge and barely used it.
- We did not stay in the ‘tower’ but rather the newer part of the hotel – room 3212.
- The honest truth about the room – it wasn’t fancy, it was clean and was just what we needed. We did have to call room service twice as our safe broke – they were there within 15 minutes and replaced the pad lock, and on the other occasion our toilet lever broke. Again we called and with in 5 minutes we had someone at our door to fix it. I was MORE then satisfied with how quickly they responded and quickly it was fixed. Stuff happens – no big deal
- Oh and for the ‘light’ sleepers – the music shuts down at midnight. People walking down the hall sound as though they are having a conversation right outside your door. The sound seemed to travel no matter where they were talking. We had no issues sleeping – neither did any of our fellow travelers. If you are a light sleeper….. Consider this the warning ☺
The food was average→ Good → really good. No complaints, however after 10 days… we were ready for a change. Our travelers who stayed for 7 and 8 days had no complaints.
It seemed that no matter where you went in the resort the staff were beyond helpful and nice. From Jorge the concierge, to the front desk staff, the bartenders, the waitresses in the sports bar → Mary Lou attempting to teach us how to salsa…. All the way to Abel the manager at the restaurant, who by the way, makes the best Spanish coffees as well as Crepes and Carmel bananas…. I assure you we still crave those crepes and bananas. It was an extra charge - but WELL WELL WORTH IT! It honestly felt as though everyone went out of their way, for you.
All in all this was by far the best resort we have been to.
Location – A+
Weather – A+
Cleanliness – A+
Staff – A+
Beach – A+
Food – B+
I have no complaints and only tips to provide new guests. We already cannot wait to go back – and 2 from our group that stayed 8 days this go around – will be looking to stay for 10 the next. It seemed everyone we spoke too had been to the resort numerous times. It was Tom’s 8th year there. The group from Minnesota had been there 12 years in a row – and now I UNDERSTAND WHY – It has everything I’ve been looking in for in an all-inclusive vacation, why go somewhere else ☺
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Presidente Ixtapa Hotel Ixtapa
- Presidente Intercontinental Ixtapa
- Intercontinental Ixtapa
- Ixtapa Presidente
- Presidente Hotel Ixtapa
- Presidente Ixtapa