Posada Real Ixtapa
Emporio Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$87
US$72
  • Pool
Las Brisas Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$105
US$82
US$74
US$61
Gamma de Fiesta Inn Plaza Ixtapa(Ixtapa)(Great Value!)
US$52
US$50
All reviewsinfinity poolswim up bardrink optionbreakfast planother hotelssmall resortpor favormade to order omeletsgreat location on the beachthe hotel is cleanjuan carlostowel artbeach arealas gatas beachcity busthird floormexican resort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Yes, this is an older hotel (built in 1976) but it is kept very clean and tidy. The staff, such as Herculio and Zefferino at the pool bar, are friendly and go out of their way to help you. We stayed here recently in January 2014 and came as part of a WestJet all-inclusive vacation and picked this package because the hotel was right on the beach. The hotel's smaller size also allows you to get to meet and talk with more people unlike perhaps if you stayed at a big, conglomerate hotel. The food was also good and we enjoyed the nightly entertainment of the singing gentleman and his keyboard (also enjoyed hearing the young woman who sang with him later in the week). While the staff speak some English, it also doesn't hurt to learn a few words in Spanish. Gracias, por favor, buenas tardes/noches and your room number in Spanish can carry you a long way. Also take advantage of the various tours offered. We went on the Town & Country tour which took us out to the outlying countryside with a grilled fish lunch included in the price. Victor Amaro, our WestJet representative, was a wealth of information and is available to help 24/7. He'll even give you mini-Spanish lessons.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Rod V
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Every year a group of us go to Ixtapa and every year we stay at the Posada Real this year I stayed 2 weeks and the first week we had 44 people in our group the second week we had 15 people in our group. This is our 4th year staying here and I really enjoy it the staff is very friendly the pool is fantastic and the only infinity pool with no obstruction to the beach or ocean what so ever, the swim up pool bar is great the grounds are kept in beautiful shape they put new flat screen TV's in the rooms but I never did turn mine on, the food is good. The rooms could use a little updating but I'm not in the room unless I'm sleeping, showering or getting ready so that didn't bother me very much. Only 2 things bothered me it was the WiFi and the music during the evenings the WiFi only works in the lobby and cuts out here and there it would have been nice for it to work around the whole hotel but it was the same last year, the music wasn't bad in anyway the singers did a great job and the crowd had a great time it was just a little loud that's all they we done playing by 10:00 each night and I was never in bed for midnight or 2:00am anyway. Over all I'll be going back again next year and will keep going back its a great value and the experience is always a good one.

Room Tip: Anything ocean view I had the window open because I loved listening to the waves crash against the shore very relaxing!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank boatingpauly
Reviewed 29 December 2013

For those of you that are complaining about Posada Real what do you expect when you book the best value hotel in ixtapa? We have stayed there 4 times and will be going back again in jan 2014 because the affinity pool is awesome, wait staff is very friendly, and it isn't over crowded all at a reasonable price. If your wanting a 5 star hotel at a 3 star price your dreaming and don't complain because it didn't meet your standards.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Keith F
Reviewed 29 September 2013

First I must say that I did not like Ixtapa Zihuatanejo very much. Found it unappealing and too pricy for a resort without blue Caribbean waters with very little “other” amenities.
Hotel Posada Real is a middle of the road and simple hotel. Rooms are clean but ordinary. Nothing spectacular to be found here! The pool is OK. The pool bar was closed most of the time because there were not enough people staying in the hotel. Hello? Is that my problem?
Staff service was friendly and courteous.
Avoid their “Tropicana” Restaurant. Had to rely upon it for three days because of Tropical Storm Manuel and, after a bad encounter with their so called “onion soup” resorted to hamburgers and French fries. I figure it’s hard to ruin a hamburger!
After the passing of Tropical Storm Manuel, I finally ventured out to go out to dine somewhere else but it rained again that night. Took a taxi back to the hotel and the taxi informed me that most likely he could not leave at the hotel entrance because the only street that provides access to the hotel from Paseo Ixtapa Boulevard floods during storms and taxi vehicles are too low to travel thru the flooded street. He dropped me at the Boulevard and I had to walk about 300 ft with water up to my knees. I must add that their sewer is combined system so you are not walking thru rain water only. The smell at some points is awful and penetrating. When I confronted the person at the front desk he told me that it was a public street and that the storm is an act of God. I asked for paper and pen and wrote a formal complaint to the management for I believe that while the storm is an act of God, a poorly designed street and sewer system is an act of irresponsible men, and a hotel that does not live up to their contractual agreement with the guess to provide clean and interrupted access to the building at all times is also acting of irresponsibly. If the street is public or private is irrelevant for they could ask the municipality for permission to fix it. At minimum, they could have rented a high vehicle that could drive through the flooded area, or a boat or a gondola for that matter, and fulfill their obligation to transport their guess from the Boulevard to the hotel entrance and vice versa. It is just too easy and unacceptable to blame God for this man-created obstacle!
I will never go back to this hotel!

Room Tip: Last rooms at the end of the hall (129, 229, 329 and449) are bigger since the bathroom is in the area right after the ending corridor.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jorge T
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My husband and I just spent a week in Ixtapa and, since we were trying to go budget friendly, we stayed at the Posada Real. This hotel was at the end of the strip of hotels, and by far the smallest. When you walk in it looks ok...nice view from the lobby. BUT, when you get to the room it is not so great the bed was as hard as cement, the bathroom was barely big enough to turn around in, the bathroom door was more like a shutter giving you no privacy to handle your business, and finally the shower did not get warm making cold showers your only option. The staff was not unfriendly but also not even close to friendly either. By the end of the week we were embarrassed to say that we were staying at this hotel and WILL NOT be going back. Not sure who wrote all of the other reviews that made it sound so great but they are very inaccurate! Hope it helps!

One good thing was that drinks were included.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple