My family of 4 stayed at the Barceló for 8 days and 7 nights. The resort was beautiful and extremely clean. The rooms were clean and comfortable. We had 2 double beds and asked for a roll away bed for my son and it was very comfortable - not your normal hard cot. Anytime we asked the maids for something, they were very friendly and polite and gave us anything we needed. The hotel staff was extremely friendly. The few issues we had were that the resort booked a college group from Monday through Friday. They were all located on the 1st through 4th floors and we were on the 8th floor so we didn't hear them when we were in our room. However, On Wednesday night they had a pool party for the group and it was extremely loud and could be heard in any room in the hotel. The party ended at the same time as the show which we attended and the kids were so drunk that when we tried to get on the elevators at the same time as them, they rode it up and down because they didn't remember where their rooms were. When we talked to the front desk help, they just kept telling us that security is handling it but we saw no security at all near the elevators or elsewhere. We were extremely happy when they checked out on Friday. The only other glitch we had was when the electric went out on Saturday night. It was an inconvenience for a few hours but was fixed in a few hours. The food was good but not extraordinary. The Mexican people were extremely friendly when we ventured into town or across the street to the flea market. The vendors on the beach were frequently asking you to purchase things but as soon as you said no they would move on. I wouldn't hesitate to back. Weather was fantastic but very hot and humid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Barcelo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort