We have been to many other Mexico locations, but in 2012 it was our first time to Ixtapa and now we are sold! Some of the main reasons is the weather, the weather, the weather! Travelling at the beginning of the year we have visited some places that weren't as hot or ended up with rain and with only 7 days away from cold Canadian winters you want great weather and this is the place for it. We returned to the Barcelo because of the proximity to the restaurant And shopping area and also from talking to other guests who shared info about other hotels. The rooms, were always clean and the maids did a great job each day. We did have some complaints about the air conditioning as it didn't tend to Work the best. Be sure to keep your drapes closed during the day to keep it cooler in the room. We always enjoyed being by the pools, but they tend to get very busy on the weekend, so does the hotel with guests. If you want to plan any excursions do it on the weekend if you are there for some relaxation do it during the week. Now I have to say we have stayed at a few other Barcelos and this one was isn't the best. It is an old hotel but still is very clean and tidy but could use some renovations. We feel that its also missing a lounge area for relaxing at night. Its has a great indoor outdoor sitting area, but its impossible to get drinks. If they only had an extra bar and a few servers it would just add that much more to the evening chill out. The first year we did eat at the hotel quite a bit as we did buy the all inclusive package. However the food was just good. Temperature was how it should be, but there just wasn't a lot of selection for each meal. We had no issues with taste or quality, just after a few days you wanted something different. We did also do the a couple of the theme nights in the outdoor pavilion. They were good also but not the best we've seen and the food was okay- definitely more to choose from out there and you see food quality health inspectors checking everything too! Also at a lot of all inclusives you get a few a la carte restaurants, which is lacking here. We had searched trip advisor and knew of a few restaurants we wanted to try across the street. The food was excellent and prices were great! So the next year, we knew what to expect from the hotel and thought if we could do breakfast and lunch each day at the hotel, we could go out each night for supper. I know I know not what you are to do at an all inclusive but if you get a good deal on the trip to spend another $500 or so across the street on suppers and cocktails is really not too bad. So overall this hotel is good and I thing good from top what we hear of other hotels in the area, but save some pesos and go across the street to the MANY awesome restaurants for suppers or drinks! We just booked for 2014 but decided to do a condo rental instead. PM me if you want any other info.
Oh and the beach is awesome. Loved walking it each day and getting $15 massages whenever we wanted was excellent also!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Barcelo, Hotels.com, Prestigia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort