This was my 17th trip to Mexico, my 3rd to Ixtapa. The weather and the beach are magnificent. Barceló is a nice hotel if you are fortunate enough to get a room with a view. We were on the 9th floor with a view to die for. Some unfortunate people had a view of the parking lot! The staff was awesome as they are everywhere in Mexico.
My only complaint was the food. Perhaps I am spoiled, my last all inclusive was at the "Marival" in Nuevo Vallarta. I think the food the Marival threw away is what they fed us at the Barcalo. I talked to one couple who paid for all inclusive but refused to dine there.
Yes, there are snakes in the water. I saw one and talked to others who had seen them. The one I saw was white, about 4 feet long and swimming along the bottom in about 3 feet of water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barcelo Ixtapa***** is located in the heart of Ixtapa, right on "El Palmar" beach, one of the most attractive destinations in Mexico. It is the ideal place to go on family holidays, celebrate romantic weddings, organize successful business meetings and also to spend an unforgettable honeymoon. The Barcelo Ixtapa***** hotel offers a convenient way to enjoy your holidays and experience the Barcelo All Inclusive program. It also offers the perfect location for those guests wanting to experience excursions to other parts of Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Prestigia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Barcelo Ixtapa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Hotel Ixtapa
- Barcelo Ixtapa Beach Resort