“48 Pesos for a beer !!!”
Review of Fisher's Ixtapa

Fisher's Ixtapa
Ranked #27 of 123 Restaurants in Ixtapa
Price range: US$14 - US$25
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch
Description: Seafood excellence since 1989® Avant-garde mexican cuisine, all of our dishes are cooked at the moment. Come to visit us and get to know our world famous and absolutely exclusive Bar a la Vista service.
Reviewed 6 May 2013 via mobile

Yea, that's right 48 pesos for a beer! ALL drinks are way overpriced here and no drink prices are shown --- so beware!

Having said that;

Food was tasty, well cooked and presented nicely. Grilled (BBQ) chicken breasts (3 halves) came with zuchinni, onions, tomato and mini corn cob pieces ..... all grilled. A tasty light sauce finished the dish. It was very good and priced at only $P 140. Finshed with Lattes @ $P 44 each. Service was good as the restaurant only had a few tables occupied - can be slow when busy. Most staff speak or at least understand english and are very pleased if you try to speak a little spanish.

Nice setting at the Marina, usually with a cooling sea breeze.

Worth a visit to this 'chain restaurant' because of it's setting and good food value but don't go thirsty becayse it will be very expensive for drinks of any kind!

2  Thank PappaChorizo

Reviewed 5 May 2013

Okay, you’ve been looking for good seafood restaurants in Zihuatanejo and Ixtapa for a good price. Finally you find Fisher’s at the marina in Ixtapa (next to boat ramp). Wow, what a huge selection menu. And they start by bringing you a small glass of hot fish broth that it absolutely wonderful. You order your drinks and scan the menu… so many choices. Whether you think appetizers, oyster bar or main courses everything is great. You can sit outside or undercover by the A/C. It can get very busy at peak season. The restaurant is very well managed with very attentive staff. I also enjoyed the wine selections depending on my mood. I ate there twice and although I was staying in Zihuatanejo I thought it was well worth the 70 pesos taxi.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

I have been to Fisher's several times. I like their fish stock which they serve as a drink and i eat the grilled vegetables. Other than that... nothing else. I tried eating there a few times and the food is not to my liking and my friends did not like their food either. It is pricey restaurant for no reason. I ordered wine a few times, not anymore, do not like their wine. However, the place is usually busy so some people like it. The service... oh well, it is a hit and miss, actually it depends on the server, usually, the servers are not attentive. I go there when i go buy wine from the wine store next door and then i go to Fisher's. I like their fish stock and the atmosphere is nice, it is righ by the marina, it is nice sitting by the water.

Reviewed 16 January 2013

Ordered Oysters and they brought room temperature Clams.

The expensive clam chowder was literally 5 TBPS and the worst!

Large shrimp upgrade was a joke - shrimp as small as my small thumb.

Decent CL Sauvignon Blanc for MXN$250.

They must have sensed our irritation as when the currency conversion was made on my CC this AM they gave 14.12 instead of the the 12.65/66 (international interbank rate) I have been getting for the LAST10 days or so.

i WOULD NOT RETURN IF THEY COMPED ME ALL FOOD!

Reviewed 7 January 2013

Quality of the food is same as all Fishers Restaurants. You will probably enjoy it. However, I think there should be better seafood options in a beachtown than a chain restaurant...