“Amazing”

Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa
Ranked #4 of 22 Hotels in Ixtapa
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We had an amazing vacation. Not one complaint. We always said we wouldn't go to the same hotel twice but sunscape is the exception. If you are trying to decide whether to book I strongly recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank LynseyM123
Sunscape Ixtapa... E, General Manager at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear LynseyM123 ,

I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write your feedback on TripAdvisor, your comments are very important to us.

It is very comforting to know that you enjoyed your time with us, and that you felt pleased with our services, it is always nice to read those positive comments that motivate us to continue working hard and perform our work the best possible way.

It would be an honor to welcome you once more, at this your home away from home Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa.

There are newer reviews for Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa

Reviewed 16 April 2014

My second time in Ixtapa and the weather is perfect every day - we were able to eat all our meals out doors - the daily activities were well organized and fun. The staff went above and beyond to make sure all was to your every expectation. I will return there no doubt what so ever

Room Tip: we had a partial ocean view, but it didn't matter, the room was quiet, clean, and that's wha...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Sandra N
Sunscape Ixtapa... E, General Manager at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Sandra N,

First of all I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of us on TripAdvisor, your time and opinion are very important to us.

It is always a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay and our services, for us to assit your needs and go beyond your expectations is a big compromise that we have with ourselves in order to make our guests leave with that feeling of happiness and confort and create them memories that last.

For us it would be an honor to have you back at this your home away from home Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

We just returned from an 8 day trip with two other couples, Apr.4-12. It was my first time in Mexico but others I was travelling with had been several times. The staff and service were excellent Monday through Thursday but come the weekend when the Mexican families started to arrive the level of service dropped. The resort itself is extremely clean, and the room were very comfortable. The beaches are the best I have ever seen. They are well maintained and the vendors are not pushy at all. However when the resort is full it is extremely hard to get either a beach or pool chair unless you get up at 6:30 am to reserve them. The food selection is good, not all of the restaurants are open every night and there were a few nights when the buffet wasn't open so you were stuck with whichever a la cartes were open or venturing out to one of the local restaurants. For the most part the a la cartes offered some of the best dishes I have ever tasted. The daily activities were a little redundant and the nightly shows weren't anything special, they weren't bad but nothing that I would pay tickets to go see. One thing I really did not like about the resort was that you did not have a wrist band and had to give out your room number to everyone that served you. Also check out is at noon on your last day and once you check out you no longer have access to any of the resorts restaurants or bars so if you have a late flight out you will want to plan something to do for the day. It was a great place to go with friends and relax in the sun, we are already planning another trip to Ixtapa in a few years but I'm not sure if we would stay here again, it's the fishing that is bringing us back not the resort. Still if you can get a good price on this resort it's worth while to stay here.

Room Tip: Most rooms come with a partial ocean view so I wouldn't pay extra for that. Rooms on the east ar...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JayLea97
Sunscape Ixtapa... E, General Manager at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 April 2014

Dear JayLea97,

I would star my response by thanking you so much for taking the time to give us your valuable comments on TripAdvisor we appreciate all of them.

I am very sorry to read that our services were not fully satisfactory for you, we understand that we have people from different parts of the world with different opinions and expectations and sometimes we do not reach them all, we are so committed to our job that every day we come prepared to give our best, the wellness of our clients is our main goal. Please be completely sure that we will share your comments with all the staff and we will work on those opportunity areas that you mentioned to be better.

We hope that you could give us a chance to attend you once more in the not too distant future and provide you with the service that you deserve.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

This was our first time to the Pacific Side of Mexico. I was a little hesitant to come to this side, as we usually stay on the Mayan side. We are also no stranger to all inclusives. We were so impressed with the Sunscape. We travelled just the two of us, mid forties for a week at spring break. Our room was great, had a wonderful view even though we only paid for a 'partial ocean view' (I think it was 1923), it was also very spacious. The things we really liked: excellent coffee shop making lattes etc at 7:00 for our early beach visits, the food in all of the restaurants was really good, as my husband said 'never had a bad meal', and we enjoyed the variety of restaurants. I myself am a vegetarian and had no problems finding enough to eat and the a la cartes and were more than happy to make special meal for me. I found the staff to be exceptionally friendly and helpful. We didn't take in the shows, night club or swim up bars as it just isn't our thing but everyone there seemed to be having a great time.

The towel thing is problematic at this resort - both at the beach and poolside. Part of the problem at the beach is that there just isn't a huge area that they can put chairs on (and still use the palapas). People came down early and saved lots of chairs and then don't come back until much later. I really don't know what the answer is, as the hotel staff can't monitor the comings and goings of everyone. The only thought I have is this - people need to stop being so selfish and start being a little more respectful of the other people using the resort. If you're not going to be at your chair within the hour, or leave for more than an hour - don't reserve one - period.

We really enjoyed the small town of Ixtapa and really liked Zihautenjo and would definitely come back.

We would definitely recommend this resort to others and would stay again ourselves.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Pea18

Dear Pea18 ,

On behalf of Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa staff and my own I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed feedback of your stay. It is very relevant for us to know that our clients take time to give us their valuable opinion.

It is so nice to read the title of your review "Wonderful Experience" that says a lot of what your stay was like, and we are very happy to know that your time here at the resort was pleasant and comfortable, we are a committed staff, our main goal is to provide a service of excellence and efficiency and comments like yours make us feel that we are on the right direction. As for the towel issue that you kindly mentioned, please be completely sure that we are working on that to reduce it from happening.

Hopefully we will see you back soon at this your home away from home Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We just returned from a week of absolute bliss at the Sunscape in Ixtapa, March 28-April 4! We have been a few places in Mexico and nothing has compared to Ixtapa and the Sunscape! The Staff and Service there in general was the best we have ever had as well as the friendliest by far! Some of our favorites were Simon at the swim-up bar, he is a good time, funny and great at mixing those drinks-- don't let him talk you into to many tequila poppers ;) ! Antonio who serves by the pool is so sweet and very helpful and will get you anything you ask for and Alicia who is a server at Windows for breakfast and the Bluewater grill is also awesome! We always do our best to try and speak Spanish (we are in their country after all) and they all did their best to help us out and also in turn try Enlgish as well.
The Food and drinks in general are excellent and you don't get sick of it, They rotate through 8 differnet options for the a la carte and we were not disappointed once. The Buffet was great to as they had something different every night. The drinks they pour are excellent as well, with good liquor and they do not chince on the liquor at all (Especially Luis at the Lobby bar--his will sneak up on you) The shows were alright, not the best we have seen but you can tell they try really hard and it definitely didn't spoil anything for us at all. The daily entertainment crew was excellent, always getting people involved in activites (you could goon a bike tour, participate in water aerobics, beach volleyball etc.) if you wanted to participate and they also did a different "lip sync" song parady show every day on the bridge which was always good for a laugh. They also have a explorers club for kids and while we didnt take ours it seemed really great.
The beds are a litle hard but that doesnt bother me and my husband just asked for a pillow topper and that did the trick for him no problem. And we really did not find the elevators all that bad-- who's in a hurry your on vacation!!! We were on the 9th our of 11th floor with our friends and never waited for more than a minute or two. I did read though when we got back they are upgrading them in May 2014 I believe.
The Beach is beautiful! You can tell they put a lot of effort into keeping it clean! Apparently 3 people go up and down the beach every morning cleaning up everyones garbage (really can poeple not put their own garbage in a can.. but I digress ;) And it was voted 2nd cleanest beach in the world in 2013 we had heard while we were there. It is beautiful to walk up and down, super cheap massages to the right down the beach, 30 bucks for 2 people for an hour, you can also go parasailing for $20 bucks. The waves can be quite large on some days but we went swimming and boogie boarding every day and had lots of fun, they have a lifeguard on duty as well.
The Sunscape is located in the middle of Ixtapa so all you have to do is walk across the street and there are tons of shops and restaurants, we went to Franks and The General's and it was sooo good. It was so nice, that we didn't have to take a cab everywhere like every other place we have been. We went shopping in Zihuatanejo as it is much cheaper and you can take the bus for 9 pesos and ask the driver to tell you where to get off (cinco de mayo street) and spend a day cruising all the shops and checking out the little restaurants everywhere. We also took a cab and went to Playa Linda and took the water taxi, (40 pesos a person) to Ixtapa Island,but we would probably not do that again, the crocodiles are pretty cool but the island is very commercialized and not a lot of beach at all, its much nicer to stay on the beach in Ixtapa at our resort, it was also to rough for good snorkeling on Ixtapa island and there were lots of jellyfish. We went on the zip line adventure and it was a blast with Abraham (our guide) ! And he had an awesome parrot there that I thought was really cool :)
I will also add that I have never felt as safe in Mexico in general as we have here in Ixtapa. I was able to run on the paths in front of the hotels by myself and not be harrassed and we walked Zihuatanejo ( me and my girlfriend without our husbands) with no feeling of danger at all.
All in all this was the best holiday and the Sunscape was the best place have ever been and will probably not go anywhere else in Mexico again! We have been to Cabo, Puerto Vallarta etc. and it doesnt campare to us at all! The weather was amazing (bring sunscreen), there was always someything to do. The resort was clean and maintained and we loved it all!

Room Tip: There is not as many King Beds so try request them, beds can be hard for some (I was fine) But then...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Cassy K
Sunscape Ixtapa... E, General Manager at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Cassy K,

On behalf of Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa staff and my own i would like to thank you so much for taking the time to give us the feedback of your stay on TripAdvisor. We value your time and opinion.

It is very satisfactory to read that you enjoyed our resort as well as Ixtapa-Zihuatanejo. The warmth of our people is what makes our destination and resort special, we make our best to show our guests how important they are to us and how essential to us is that their vacation turns into a comfortable and pleasant stay.

Please be completely sure that we will give your compliments to Simon, Antonio and Alicia, they are commited people and they will feel happy to know that you mentioned them in your review.

For us it would be an honor to have you back at this your home away from home Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We stayed for 10 days. Got a little tired of the buffet but the alacarts made up for it. Staff was very good. Resort was very clean. Explored both Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo. Had lots of fun at Alex's bar in Ixtapa. Ixtapa Island was a little overrated. Went fishing with Big Ben. It was what you would expect. Fun though. Had lunch on Las Gatas Beach. Loved it there. Great sand and snorkeling. Also spent time on La Ropa Beach. Also very nice. If I had to make any suggestions, it was sometimes hard to get a drink at the bars due to all of the kids. Maybe make them a separate area with slush machines near the snack shack/kiddies pool.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank mark v
Sunscape Ixtapa... E, General Manager at Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Dear mark v,

On behalf of Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa staff and my own, i would like to thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor, we value your time and opinion as it helps u to identify our opportunity areas and make improvements to provide a better service every day and achieve the satisfaction of our clients.

It is so nice to know that your stay with us was pleasant, even if there were some things that were not completely of your liking, as for the comments you made, be completely sure that we will look upon your suggestions with all the areas involved and work on those details.

It would be an honor to have you back at this your home away from home Sunscape Dorado Pacífico Ixtapa.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We've just returned after spending a week (March 26, 2014) at this resort. We had no idea what to expect but very much surprised at the excellent service. All staff were so willing to do everything they could to make the stay comfortable and relaxing. Good location and very clean. All staff very friendly and we had no trouble despite the fact that we could not speak any Spanish. Food and the variety of venues just fine. "No wristband" required which was unusual and felt good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Hirji,

I would like to thank you so much for taking the time to write such a nice review of us on TripAdvisor, your opinion is very relevant to us as is the most accurate way to identify the ares where we can improve our service.

Thank you so much for giving yourself the opportunity to live the "Unlimited Fun" experience and meeting our concept of freedom, I can see that you enjoyed it and also your time here in Ixtapa and our services.

General Manager.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ixtapa
Hotel Irma
Barcelo Ixtapa
Barcelo Ixtapa
#3 of 22 in Ixtapa
Holiday Inn Resort Ixtapa

Been to Sunscape Dorado Pacifico Ixtapa? Share your experiences!