“My Second Home”

Pacifica Resort Ixtapa
Ranked #2 of 22 Hotels in Ixtapa
“My Second Home”
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

This resort is amazing. The staff make this vacation. From the moment I arrive to the moment I leave, I am catered to in every way. The staff, my friends, are simply amazing. They do whatever it takes to assure my happiness and the best possible stay. I bought another room so I may stay 2 weeks a year. One week is not enough. Guest services, reception and even my online reservations and collections have the best customer service I can ask for. And believe me, I am quite demanding at wanting things done in a quick way. Im always impressed by Jenny Melo in collections, Alondra in Guest services, Perfecto, Daniel and Asiah in customer service and bell men, the fantastic team in Moon Bar and also the team in Bugambillias bar and restaurant. So many great people there. I cant wait to return next season. It doesnt get any better. I do not want to go anywhere else. Thanks

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank mngonefishing

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We enjoyed our week at this resort. The buildings cascade down the side of a hill to the beach. Our unit was a "senior sands" and offered a 180-degree panoramic view of the bay, golf course, and mountains to the east. Our favorite afternoon relaxation was sitting in the pool on our balcony sipping drinks and taking in the view. Our unit was very comfortable and had an extra bath which was convenient. A nice touch was coffee and rolls being delivered every morning to the room. The steps were a problem for my wife, and although we asked for a unit with few steps, there were 40 steps one way from the street to the unit. This limited the number of times we could go in and out. However, the vans were great in shuttling us around, sometimes arriving after our call at the same time we reached the street. Service was consistently excellent. Our maid, Cristina, was outstanding and kept our unit clean and well stocked. The main all-inclusive restaurant is on the beach. It is buffet style and we thought the food was good, but not great. The best restaurant is El Faro and is located at the top of the hill. We ate dinner there twice and really enjoyed it. Food, service and ambience were outstanding at this restaurant. We had several staff members who were outstanding. A good example is the evening we ate at the Bugambilias restaurant which offers al fresco dining around a pool. Although it was lovely, the mosquitos were a nuisance. Our hostess, Reyna, noticed and came over to the table and offered to spray us with "Off", and we gladly accepted. Another nice touch was a cabana reserved on the beach every day for us. It offered shade, chaise lounges, table and chairs and great service from Antonio, offering refreshments from the bar. Note that you are limited to beer, Mexican wine and non-premium tequila. My only other complaint are ants in the unit. All in all though, we would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: This is a large resort with a variety of rooms. I think the best are Aqua, Master Sands, and Senior...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mikee47
Seattle, Washington, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I am an owner of the resort and have been since 2000. I use the resort every other year and have had nothing but an outstanding time. The resort is immaculate. The people are so friendly. There are a ton of activities to do for free. Anything you need they will get for you. Most everyone speaks English so there shouldn't be a problem. The water is purified. You can spend your entire holiday here or walk into Ixtapa on a ten minute walk where there are a lot of good restaurants. Or head into Zihua either on bus or taxi where there is a whole new town, the old village.
They do try to get you into the timeshare presentation; however you can simply not go. Or don't answer the phone if they call. This town relies on tourism, that's why it exits.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. The resort is built on a hill so there are rooms closer to the beach and th...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Long Beach, California, United States
Reviewed 4 July 2013

We have been owners at this resort for 6 years now and we have gone every year since than. Reasons why we love this resort is our Aqua unit has the most amazing view! Beautiful sunsets every day, staff is very friendly and we have maid service every day making our unit spotless. We wake up every day to complimentery fruit and juice or have the option of coffee and mexican pastries. The food at the buffet is awesome and the restaurants are pretty good. There are many water activities and they also have a kids club to keep the little ones entertained. The resort also offers nightly shows but if your looking for more of night life, the small town may have more to offer. As far as the timeshare breakfast that they offer we simply say, "No thank you", although at times it's hard to say no to $100.00 off our bill. I recommend this place however the standard units don't compare to the upgraded units.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Alicia V
Round Rock, Texas, United States
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I are members of Grand Mayan and traded in a week to stay at The Pacifica Aqua. Upon arrival to the resort I was asked if I had my confirmation printed out (which I had forgotten to bring with me) and if this was my first time here (which it was). Everything went smoothly and we were taken to our room, after being told by several staff members that Aqua was the nicest building there. When we arrived to our room I was some what shocked as it looked NOTHING like the pictures online, but didn't think anything of it. The next day we went down to reserve our palapa for the week and gave our room number-imagine our surprise when we were told that the room number we gave was not in the Aqua building. After speaking to several "administrative staff" the blame was basically all put on RCI and there overbooking the resort. I tried several times to explain that whether or not that was the case, we were bold faced lied to upon check in when we were walked to our "Aqua" room. No one seemed to care nor see anything wrong with this. We were even told that in the past they have compensated RCI members for the inconvenience but that he would have to talk to his boss and call us that night to let us know what she said-that was Wednesday (6/26) it is now 7/01 and I haven't gotten that phone call LOL To try and make things better Bart (who claims to be in charge of the reception areas?) gave my husband a deal for golf. He told him that usually golf runs $1050 pesos but he would sell him special cards for $900 pesos a round. My husband of course bought them. When he took them to the course to use the following day he was told that it would be an additional $400 pesos for the cart fee-putting golf at a total of $1300 vs the $1200 it would have cost had he just paid at the course. Yet another lie.

The resort to me seemed much more like a high end hotel-it just didn't have that luxurious feel like the Grand Mayan properties. All that being said- the waitstaff, cleaning staff, and bartenders were excellent. Ixtapa is beautiful and we will be going back-just not to Pacifica.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
10 Thank Nicole M
Province of Naples, Italy
Reviewed 21 May 2013

We came here last summer for a week stay in beautiful Ixtapa, Mexico. The resort is beautiful and we stayed with a large group (8 adults 2 toddlers). Our room was overlooking the ocean on the cliff and was extraordinary. We had two bedrooms, and private small pool inside our suite (Master Sands).

Entertainment was a lot of fun, they all knew our names after day one and our group competing in whichever contests they had that day. We had a daily routine of waking up at whatever time we wanted (we were on vacation!) then heading down to the beach to relax and enjoy the sun. We had the all inclusive package which allowed us to eat/drink as much as we wanted and the added bonus of choosing between 4 restaurants on property to have dinner. Our favorite restaurant was 'El Faro' on the top of the cliff. We took the cable car to get up there and enjoyed a wonderful view dining on fresh fish and filet mignon. What a vacation!

We were able to release newborn sea turtles into the ocean three times during our stay which was such a delight. My little girl (3 years old) still remembers doing that and talks about it every time she sees a turtle.

Definitely want to go back again, what a hidden gem this place is. Prepared to do a lot of walking but nothing anyone cannot handle. You will definitely enjoy yourself.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ilyana8
Pomona, California, United States
Reviewed 4 May 2013

We stayed here the last week of April and it was our second time, the previous being two years ago. Honestly, the week here was amazing, my wife and I felt it was everything a vacation is supposed to be. I know most people want to read the cons and weigh that up against if its worth it or not, and yes there were plenty of cons. But honestly even though this place is far from perfect, we loved it and will definitely come back.

Notes: We traded to come here. We came on a slow week. We pre-paid the all inclusive. We had a Master Sands room.

Pros first: Amazing location on the cove, its off in its own corner and allows a private feel to the beach. The beach is very clean and they allow you to use water equipment, they organize volleyball games. Palapas/ Umbrellas are always up with waiter service and its super relaxing. I loved the Mexican architecture to the Master Sands rooms. The food was better than Cruise ship food. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. The grounds are beautiful and its location is perfect allowing privacy yet close enough to walk to whatever you need.

Cons: Non stop construction, I imagine it will be going on forever. The gondola was down the week we were there, but it did allow me to work off everything I ate and drank. Language barrier made it a bit tricky, (not a problem for me, but will be for a lot of Americans). The hot water in our friends room was not stable, and eventually they had to move rooms. The guest beds in the Master sands room were not that comfortable. The television sucked. Tiny bugs in kitchen, but without a front wall to the room I dont think they could do much about that.

We had a hiccup with Alaska airlines canceling our sat flight and needed Pacifica to change our days of stay, and they did it without a problem. There was no issue with the bill at the end of the week. Special shout out to some awesome staff; Antonio at the playa, Perfecto the bell man, Inocente at Bugambilias, Edilma our room supervisor and Fernando at El Faro. These people made a huge impression on all of our family and we appreciated them.

This place is not perfect, yet it gave us a perfect vacation.

Room Tip: Definately get nothing below a Master Sands.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family