All reviews playa el kitchenette leonel palmar zumba accommodations tennis zihuatanejo
Reviewed 3 July 2018

Upon check in, one of the staff members insisted that I pay him 3,800 Mexican pesos for additional people. I told him that they were just visiting and not staying overnight! The unit was not 4 star at all! Many maintenance & safety issues: Broken sliding door with sharp edges exposed, broken stove, TV remotes non-functional, shower tub painted and peeling, leaking drain under bathroom sink and more. I addressed these issues and they were never resolved. The swimming pool had mold growing inside. My relative is sick due to this!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with RCI
1  Thank ohnjaymarino
Hotel_Ixtapa_Palace, General Manager at Ixtapa Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear ohnjaymarino,

The resort has informed me you booked through RCI and were not satisfied since you were expecting a beach front property. Please let us know in detail if the RCI sales person described the property accurately to you. We do our best to accurately portray the resort through its descriptions and pictures. If you feel the RCI agency was inaccurate, we would like to take immediate corrective action.

I understand that RCI was not helpful in changing you to another hotel when you called them. From what I understand our hotel staff referenced you to nearby hotels close to the beach and also previously assisted you in changing rooms and installing an additional door lock as per your request. However I see that you rated our staff with 1 star. Please keep in mind the rating you mention is for the hotel staff, not for RCI staff. Our staff is always willing to take extra steps to make you feel welcome.

At your convenience, we would like for you to contact us to clear up this misunderstanding as we work diligently to keep accurate reviews.

Always at your service,

Ixtapa Palace Management

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

My family has been coming here for years. In fact, I met my wife while staying here in 1990. The staff is always helpful and pleasant. Rooms are always clean and comfortable. The big pool with the tremendous waterfall and swim up bar is always fun to hang out in. The drinks are very reasonably priced which gets a us to hang at the pool longer. From poolside we ordered food from the restaurant. The restaurant is well priced and has a varied menu. I loved the shrimp and lobster, but their carne asada is always good too. They also offer a variety of appetizers. Room service is also available.

The physical location of Ixtapa Palace is very nicely situated about a block in from the beach and right across the street is a very nice shopping & dining district with excellent souvenir options and the spectrum of restaurants from “mom & pop” to upscale.

My family loves Ixtapa Palace and we will be returning again as soon as possible for yet another lovely and affordable vacation.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank JS4419
Reviewed 8 May 2018

It’s so old and lack of maintenance that the phones do not work, so if you need something you have to walk to the administration to see is there are some body to help you, even they do not have a local phone number to call them. The pool looks nice in the advertainment buy the reality is that they are not working, the towels have holes, and there is no pool service.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with RCI
2  Thank acotaa
Hotel_Ixtapa_Palace, Front Office Manager at Ixtapa Palace Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear Acotaa,

The pool area service is from Tue-Sun 9am-4pm. After 4pm, we invite you to our lobby restaurant which is V O T E D #1 on Trip Advisor. Please check out '"Tiburón de la Costa in Ixtapa"' . You will be pleased!

The 3 pools are always working from 8am-10pm. By not working did you mean the poolside service had stopped?

We apologize for the phone in your room was not working. Just wanted to let you know it has been replaced.

The Resort does have phone numbers locally for Ixtapa, the Mexico City corporate office and a USA number for all our international clients.

The numbers are clearly displayed on our website. Unfortunately I can not post it here since TripAdvisor does not allow any contact information to be posted.

Reviewed 2 May 2018

the palace resort was just ok. there was no phone, the tv was to small, the tv picture had a lot of snow on the picture. the a/c was either on or off, not variable. the slide on the pool was never turned on, and restricted entry.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Armed Forces Vacation Club
1  Thank n0tall0wed
Reviewed 1 May 2018 via mobile

Staff is very professional and helpful, you don't have to know a lick of spanish. Everything is close by, beach is in walking distance. Has a lot of activities to do at resort my favorite is gym, attached water park, mini golf and racquetball courts.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family