“A Wonderful Hen Party!”
Review of Brackendale Spa

Brackendale Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful boutique Day Spa & Luxury salon set in beautiful Derbyshire countryside. Treatments & packages available to suit everybody Birthdays, Hen party's & baby showers available.
Reviewed 25 March 2013

I have been to this spa many times with one of my friends and I love it there! The treatments are always amazing and the nice relaxed atmosphere is wonderful. The Afternoon Tea is definately worth having! We decided to go for my hen party as we know it so well and yet again it was just as good as always! I know some people mention that it is expensive however I have been to many spas and find it very reasonable for the treatments and facilities that you are given! I would recommend it to anyone and look forward to my next visit and thank you to the team for making my hen party so special!

1  Thank MrsFoster2be

Reviewed 27 February 2013

Attended on a day spa gift voucher. Tea and biscuits on arrival beautiful setting. Very friendly polite staff . Robes and towel and locker . Had the hot stone massage highly recommended . Relaxing soothing. Then more coffeeTea fruit cold water.the pool is a lovely warm mosaic pool deep enough for a swim with relaxing benches. Sauna small but cozy . No one staying in cottages so had whole place to ourselves. Very nice cozy place beautiful setting fantastic treatments. Staff where attentive friendly polite chatty. Lunch was lovely salad rolls meats cheese and very nice chocolate cheese cake. Then had the bracken-dale wrap skin is now silky smooth now. Would recommend and visit again . A beautiful cozy friendly venue .

Other reviews says not a spa well there's a pool sauna beautiful tranquil setting treatments are fab as staff will ask u how u want things nothing too much trouble . For the price of £130 for day lunch snacks tea coffee two hour long treatments use of pool sauna .very reasonable if you want to pay over £200 sure there's Eden hall etc but not a cozy quint place that only has up to 8 people in .

Reviewed 31 October 2012

We recently booked Brackendale Spa for a suprise 50th birthday party for a group of 8 ladies. This meant that we were able to book the spa exclusively. Jackie and the girls bent over backwards to make the day really special. Nothing was too much trouble, including sandwiches, homemade cakes and as much tea and coffee as we needed. Accommodating all of our treatments was a task but ran very smoothly. Whilst we were waiting for our treatments, we used the sauna and pool and ate, drank and chatted. All in all a fantastic day. Would highly recommend for a tailor made and personal experience. Many thanks to everyone at Brackendale Spa, I,m sure we will all return !!

Reviewed 31 March 2012

I attended Brackendale Spa with a gift voucher given by a friend, to receive a hot stone massage. The treatment room is large and spacious with views over open countryside, and the therapy was enjoyable and carried out with efficiency.

However, I was disappointed to be offered a pre mixed oil for the massage, and not one mixed personally for my individual needs.

Soundproofing of the treatment room needs urgent attention, as the background chatter in reception, and children swimming in the pool below was very dstracting, and at times I was unable to totally relax and enjoy the session.

At £45 the treatment was quite expensive for the service given.

1  Thank gerryshut
Reviewed 26 October 2010

This place is not a spa & it wasn't cheap - £70 each for 1/2 a day. We got so bored of hanging around in the reception after our treatments we decided to go back to our hotel.

Pool was cold & there was water dripping all over the pool area from a leaky hose.

Whilst we had our treatments (which were great) all we could hear was kids screaming & jumping in the pool!!

They need to own up & stop pretending to be a spa & just offer treatments.

5  Thank NottinghamPickle