“Delightful”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 12 October 2011

Inventive home made pasta, with flavorful sauces. A wide selection of pastas. fish and steak.We have been going here for many years.

1  Thank Jerry G

Reviewed 17 July 2011

Went here to celebrate our 14th wedding anniversary and to have a special dinner while on vacation in PA. We were expecting an excellent meal based on the many positive Trip Advisor reviews, and brought along my inlaws and our son. What we got, instead, was an overpriced disaster of a meal. We began with the mussels and clams appetizer, which was an advertised special, and we were assured by the waiter that the shellfish were fresh. We received a tiny bowl containing about a half-dozen of each, overcooked into oblivion and so fishy and distasteful that we each only ate one of each. We pointed this out to our waiter, who shrugged and took them away. For this, we were charged 170 pesos. My husband ordered a steak, on the recommendation from the waiter, and it appeared to have been steamed rather than grilled or broiled. From the unpleasant texture we deduced that it had likely been frozen for some time prior to cooking. My fish entree was okay; the grouper was fresh, but was so completely smothered in tomato sauce that they could probably have served me an old shoe and I wouldn't have recognized it. My MIL's gnocchi was gummy and tasteless. We didn't even attempt dessert, and instead decided to go around the corner to have ice cream. Highly disappointing experience, and extremely overpriced.

Reviewed 26 May 2011

I love this place. Massimo is always pleasent! His dishes are well served and prepared to perfection. It is not open for lunch or breakfast, so his dinners are a bit more pricey than his competitors, but, oh so worth it! Being a local, we cannot always give ourselves the luxury of dining out at tourist pricing, but, when a special occasion does come around that will justify a bit of splurging, this is where we run. The appetizers are delicious, the home-made pasta amazing, the seafood VERY Fresh and the professionalism second to none. Oh, and the Brownie I am still dreaming about it!

Buen Provecho!

1  Thank CaptainQuickie
Reviewed 10 May 2011

The wife decided to go back to our old stomping grounds of Puerto Aventuras. If you want to have some good Italian, there are a couple of good restaurants there, and this is one of them.
My wife ordered the mixed seafood pasta dish and I had the pasta with the Italian sausage. All were good choices, but my wife and I especially liked the pasta with Italian sausage. We had a couple of glasses of wine and finished the dinner off with a couple of espressos.
The value was very good and is definitely worth the drive. I would highly recommend this place to anyone that wants to get away from the Riff Raff element found in Tulum. Nice relaxed scene wth a waterfront view of the dolphins, in what was the old marina.

Reviewed 25 April 2011

We ate here twice during our stay and could not fault it. The food and service were excellent and my vegetrian daughter was well cared for.