My wife and I have vacationed in Mexico each September for the past several years, and as a result, have some experience with the all-inclusive resorts. We prefer this time of year simply because it IS the low season and we don't have to stand in long lines to get a drink, eat a meal, or go to the spa - we can schedule our activities so that it fits our desires - not just take what we can get. In this particular case, the Aventura Palace has earned it's name.
To begin with, this quite large and very beautiful resort, is actually composed of two resorts - the Aventura Spa (couples only) and the Aventura Cove which allows children. For couples staying at the Cove, it is just a longer walk to visit the spa, restaurants and entertainment on the couples side. That being said, the resort supplies golf cart transportation from lobby to lobby.
The resort property is beautiful and very well maintained. The rooms are very well maintained, impeccably clean and very well appointed. The housekeeping and turn-down service at night is - exceptional.
The spa facilities and services were excellent and my wife spent as much of the incentive money there as she could - she absolutely loved it!. While my wife was enjoying a leisurely morning in the spa, I was usually out diving, but about day 4, I turned my sore muscles over to them and the experience was wonderful. I'm personally not much of a spa person, but this place was impressive.
The food is very good and the variety is excellent. I don't go to Mexican resorts to eat hamburgers, chicken wings, pizza or other Americanized foods - I want to try new things, and the international buffets are actually my favorites. The specialty restaurants are really good as well, offering a large variety of ethnic tastes. On this visit, we had dinner at the Momonohana restaurant in the Aventura Spa section - absolutely the best meal I have tasted in years - amazing.
The nightly entertainment was excellent - we went to the shows on the Cove side. Excellent, quality entertainment - an amazing magic show one night, singing another and a Circus type performance that was super. Afterward, there was a nightclub for karoke or disco for those who wanted to party the night away.
The resort location has it's plus and minus sides - it relatively isolated. This makes for a relatively quiet, relaxing atmosphere that can be punctuated with the on-property venues - but you won't find a disco at every corner, or dancing on the bar every night. The resort is located relatively close to other major attractions - Xcaret, Xplor, Xel Ha and many of the Mayan attractions like Tulum, decreasing the travel time to get to places that everyone will want to go to. We were never at a loss for something to do. But, if your tastes are more into the clubbing scene, shopping, movies - all those things you do at home - Cancun would be a much better place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the 1,264-room Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. And this is where luxury meets satisfaction on a stage of stunning tropical views, a private white sand beach, and exclusive saltwater snorkeling areas. It's all capped off with an inviting traditional design, legendary Hard Rock hospitality, and undeniable excess at every turn. Live large at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and enjoy the very best of paradise for all. Or, pack your appetite for opulence and hit Heaven - an elevated and exclusive retreat for adult guests only featuring a private adult beach, superlative amenities, and dining at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, Prestigia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Cove Palace Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras