Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Omni Puerto Aventuras Beach Resort(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$202
Barcelo Maya Beach(Puerto Aventuras)
US$232
Bookit.com
  • Pool
Barcelo Maya Palace(Puerto Aventuras)
US$350
US$268
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Tropical(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Colonial(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Maya Caribe(Puerto Aventuras)
  • Beachfront
Dreams Puerto Aventuras Resort & Spa(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$271
US$524
  • Pool
Heaven at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya(Puerto Aventuras)
US$472
LM by Inmense(Puerto Aventuras)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$106
Hotwire.com
11,058 results
All reviewssun barzen restaurantrock royaltyrock spavacation plannerssuper mariosky terracerock starheaven poolmonkey tourresort creditriviera mayale petit cochonheaven sectionfoam partypublic relationslos gallos
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We had booked our vacation for a family of 4 to Aventura Cove Palace from March 3 to March 11th. The place is falling apart. The lobby has a strange mildewy smell. The rooms are far too small to have a family of 4 stay in. There isn't enough space to store our luggage let alone store our clothes. The place will be converted to a Hard Rock resort in the fall. It will still part of Palace resort but aligned with the new brand. The kids enjoyed the cove however, as mentioned in the previous post, there are alot of jelly fish. Both kids were stung a couple of times. Since checking in late the first night, the next day we met with our Sunwing agent and found out many of the vactioners were not happy. They were asking to be moved to a different resort. The sunwing agent gave us options to move to a diffferent resort, however we would have to pay the difference, which came up to over $1700 on top of what we already paid. We talked to the manager and he agreed to have us transfer to the Cancun Palace. The policy for usage of the $1500 credit is different at the Cancun palace. We had to pay for taxi cab to Cancun Palace. We were so happy to get out of there. I really feel sorry for the staff there. I'm sure it is hard on them hearing all the complaints. I think for the time being, the travel agents should tell their customers what's going on and the prices should reflect the level of disrepair. This definately is not a 5 star hotel, I wouldn't give it a 2 star in the current state it is. I'm shocked with the positive reviews. I would be leary. We have been to Mexico for the last 12 years and have stayed at various hotels and we chose to go back to the palace resorts because in the past, our experience has been very positive. Our last stay at Azul fives was horrendous. This also is not a 5 star hotel.
Cancun Palace was great. It is in the midst of being converted to a Hard Rock Hotel. I am hoping it still has the same family feel.

5  Thank TOCAN8
Customer Servic... A, Guest Relations Manager at Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2012

On behalf of Aventura Palace I would like to apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay.
We regret to know about your perception of our service you may rest assured that we take all of our Guests comments with the most importance.
We hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you at any of our Resorts in Mexico and the
Dominican Republic.

Reviewed 10 March 2012

We are members of the Palace resort and have stayed at almost all of the properties, this one was by far not even compairable to the Moon Palace or the Grande, but we thought we would try it out bc we have had uch great success with the others. The check in was smooth even though they were only 20% MAX full and we could not get a joining room with my mom/stepdad. I was travelling single with my 1 year old and 3 year old would of been a lot easier for a joining room. The service is exactly like the other Palaces, especially the breakfast and lunch fellows, Jorge was amazing to my daughter and son, he was fantastic. Also the kids club ladies were like gold, they made my little guy feel welcome as I stayed there with him, they had activities and crafts just wonderful ladies! The grounds are well kept and the pools are huge and amazing, although they were dirty. The major major problem was the food, there is only 3 restaurants on the cove side and they had 1 closed every night they rotated, Mexican restaurant was over 2 hrs at a time very slow. We were not allowed to eat over at the joining resort bc they have now changed that to the adults only. If you have ever stayed at the Palace you want the oriental and italian food that we had no access to. If I would of went for more than a week I would of been sick and tired of the food, as I already was after 1 week. The lunches were horrible. Breakfast and dinner was good. We had major bugs in our room, like fruit flies or an afid type, my mom beside us had none but after talking to others they had problems as well, there were 3 couples moving to the cancun palace bc they did not like this resort. They are still giving people a 1500.00 credit for a week stay for golf/spa etc but with 20% occupancy you could barely get into the spa, it was magically always full lol. The brothers of the Palace resorts have recently split and this hotel will now be a Hard Rock, so the timeshare people are like sharks in a blood filled pool, I did the speal bc I am a member and wanted to hear about the changes but after 90minutes I was done and left, they called my room in the mornings at 7am, twice until I yelled as they kept waking up my baby. Everytime you talked to one they had a different answer then the other person. Fortunatly the Moon Palace is the one that I love with 16 restaurants to enjoy and kids can go anywhere, plus its only 10 minutes from the airport not almost 2 hrs like this resort, so I guess the brother that owns them I will continue to use and I will not go back to this one.

Room Tip: Ask for higher up rooms, there are bugs, maids had Riad cans everywhere
6  Thank leelee6789

On behalf of Aventura Palace I thank you for expressing your observations, we strive to provide you with the best possible service and when you feel that we did not meet your expectations, it is important for us to know.
We would like to apologize for the inconveniences you may have experienced during your stay and hope to have the opportunity to host you again in any of our resorts in Mexico and the Dominican Republic.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

First I want to emphasize how important reviews were to our decision prior to booking Aventura Cove Palace. We read so many reviews and took everything into account so I really hope this helps!

Grounds:
This resort is BEAUTIFUL. The pools are stunning. I have to say, we booked the Cove side, which was much cheaper, but conveniently ended up with an ocean view room right on the border (spa, cove) so we spent our days at the Spa pool (Adults only) and our nights at the Cove- disco, shows, sports bar, amazing buffet! During the day the cove side was empty so we followed the crowd to the spa pool.

Room:
Cleaned daily, jacuzzi was a great touch! HUGE water bottles given to us every day! Coffee maker was a life saver! Balcony was where we spent our mornings!

Food:
The food was great. I appreciated the bottled water given to us every dinner. The mexican restaurant was my favourite because the service was outstanding. I asked the waiter to "surprise me" on the dessert because I couldn't understand anything and I ended up getting a FULL ON cooking show! Fresh strawberries, ice cream, 3 kinds of liquor, being made right in front of me! As well, the guacamole is made right in front of you, infused with tequila! So good! The buffet was really well done, considering it was a buffet, they are usually a hit or a miss but sometimes we found the buffet was better. For example, the Asian night at the buffet was better than the Asian restaurant on the Spa side! We realized the resort was extremely under staffed so some of the restaurants were closed on random nights, but you can manage your time just by asking ahead! The Italian restaurant on the spa side was another favourite! Very well done, felt just like home! Room service was ordered once, it was fast and good!

Shows/Entertainment:
The shows were really well done. The Michael Jackson show was fun and the circus was CRAZY! They do a good job of trying to get the guests pumped up! The resort itself was empty, we realized that explained why the sports bar and disco were dead. One of the bartenders told us it was one of the slowest weeks, however, few guests told us it is because of the big change to Hard Rock. We honestly didn't mind that it was dead, we used that as an opportunity- full resort to ourselves, got friendly with the bartenders! Jose at the sports bar is amazing! Eduardo at the martini bar (spa side) is HILARIOUS! you have to ask him to show you a card trick, as well my boyfriend was given a "good night my friend see you tomorrow" drink, tasty!!!! The martini bar was our favourite. Right on the water, VERY WINDY but beautiful, it was just us and Eduardo all night! I have to say the liquor served was INSANE! They have top shelf brands!!!!!!! Anything you can imagine!

Two things though:

1) The most apparent downfall of the Aventura Cove Palace is that it does NOT have a beach. It is a man made "cove" .. which is fine, it was EXACTLY what we expected: fake sand (like cat litter, honestly) and steps DOWN into the water (the water does flow into the sand, not even remotely "beach" like)! So needless to say, we were not disappointed because we knew all of this prior!

2) The 1500 palace credit - we did NOT get to spend any of it. However- we could have chosen one of the five excursions available, (dolphins were included) very legitimate, costly excursions, with no catch. However, we couldn't book anything because of my boyfriend's injury. So that is something we were prepared to accept. We were depending on the spa for majority of our credit but that did not work out very well. I urge every single person who chooses this resort based on the palace credit to book spa services BEFORE YOU LEAVE because you will not find space when you arrive. We made the biggest mistake of our trip by waiting until we were settled on day 2 to visit the spa, and therefore got bad news that the spa was full for our 7 days. We had realized later on that the resort was extremely understaffed, so that may have contributed to the spa being full so early on. The only options left for us was the jewelery store (100 dollar limit I believe, so of course everything was over that meaning you spend money you didn't intend to spend), the gift shop (again, only silver jewelery and tequila) and finally "romantic beach dinner" - but remember at the cove there is NO beach, so its a terrace dinner. There is wine available as well, but we were more than happy with the selection of liquor already available to us.

Room Tip: Get a room right on the cove/spa border! Ocean view!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
10  Thank deborah f

On behalf of Aventura Palace, we would like to thank you for taking the time to send your comments about our resort.
We are happy to hear the service provided by our staff was up to your expectations; our goal is to always provide the best stay possible and we are really glad to know you had a great time at our resort.
We would be delighted to have the opportunity to host you again at Aventura Palace.

Reviewed 3 March 2012

If you want to spend your vacation at a resort with wonderful accomodations in a beautiful setting with staff sincerely interested in taking care of you and your family, Adventura Cove is an excellent choice. The service we experienced during our recent stay was terrific, especially from folks like Daniel, Martha, Sandy, Luis, and Manuel. The rooms are attractive as are the grounds. We found the food delicious, varied and abundant. There is plenty to enjoy right at the resort as well as many oppportunities for day excursions. (As others have noted, make sure to budget some time soon after you arrive to sign-up for the events you want; that process is not fast.) Mucho gracias!

3  Thank Geoff P

We are happy to hear that the service provided by our staff was up to your expectations and that it helped making your stay at our resort a great experience.
Our goal is to always provide the best stay possible and we are delighted to know that your perception about our service was positive.

We are looking forward to host you again at Aventura Palace.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

My wife and 4 Daughters 15, 15, 17 and 17yrs old stayed here from Feb 12 till Feb 19th and really had a great time. The grounds were beautiful, the pools were awesome, the food was delicious and fresh, the rooms we very nice, the staff involved us and were fun (Cosme!), the $1500 in resorts allowed us to see and do so many things FOR FREE, which otherwise would have cost $$$ or would have been missed. We went to Chichen Itza (AMAZING one of the 7th new wonders of the world), we swam with the Dolphins, took bus to Playa del Carmen... all for FREEm We went to Xcaret at a very discounted price and had a great time also. In between all, we found time to stroll the grounds, watch monkeys, sip drinks, play water-polo, catch the nightlife shows and at times we even found time to sleep! I am a big fan and I will be back! Thank you to the Palace Hard Rock staff, this vacation was my favourite of all time, we look forward to next year or sooner :)

Room Tip: We had a garden view and it was perfectly fine.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank trevormarr

We are glad to know that you had a wonderful time at our resort.
At Vallarta Palace nothing is more important than being part of an unforgettable vacation experience to our guests.
We would be delighted to have the opportunity to host you and your family again.