We stayed February 01 to the 9th 2013. There was 10 of us in our group, all family. The ride to the resort was about one hour. We were the first stop. When we got to the hotel, there was no line and check in was a breeze.
Our rooms were located in the accordian section. They are on the smaller side compared to other hotels I've been to. They were always kept clean and spotless. We always had a stocked fridge with pop beer water and juice boxes. Yes that jacuzzi is a waste of space in the room. Although my 14 year old daughter and my niece put there swimsuits on and put lots of bubbles in there and swam around.
I can't talk highly enough about one of the waiters at the main buffet. His name is Ceaser. He welcomed our group every morning with a smile and good morning. He also asked us how our previous day was and when we were finished breakfast he would always say have a good day! He even gave everyone us a few family recipes of his!!
The food here was fantastic!!!!! When I read some of the other reviews it doesn't even seem like we went to the same resort. People complain about the stupidest things....the wait for alacarts....NO WAIT at all!!! They were quick and efficient at all times!
The dinners at the alacarts were amazing! The steak here was the best I've ever had at any resort (and I travel 2 times a year)
The cannolis at the Italian restaurant over on the spa side were fantastic!!!!!! The sushi and the peanut thai on the spa side was fantastic!! The kids 17 and under can't go on that side but the adults can,and it is worth the golf. Art ride over there for some really great food!!
I liked the cove side better to sit by the pool it was less crowded and more quiet belie even it or not! Alot of people from the spa side were coming over to our side during the day for that reason!
The credits were great! I got a massage, a facial, a lobster dinner for 3, and a chefs dinner for 3 and still had credits left..it only costed the11 percent tax which was $126 for all of that!
The lobster dinner was really good but I did notice that the steak I got was the same steak you could get any night at the steak restaurant..which was like I said best steak I've ever had! The chefs dinner was a must!! It was like a cooking show live...a chef would tell you each step of each course as he was making them, then we would eat eat course one at a time and each one is paired with a different wine....be prepared to drink alot of different wines! The soup was delicious!!!!!!
The drinks were great!!!!!! Aldo was our favorite bartender,he worked mainly at the pool bar..then at night is all over. He was super friendly, always smiling and quick to serve everyone!!!!!! Kudos to you, you deserve a promotion!!!!!!!!!
Our favorite drinks were a bumblebee shot, amaretto sour frozen,mango daquri made with Malibu, ceasers, and blue Hawaiian!!!!! They had all the top shelf liquor there that you can imagine!!!! If you drink single malts...they had macallan!
They even have clamatto juice for ceasers!!!! I was very impressed!!!!!!!
We went on a member tour (kinda like a timeshare) its right at the hotel, it was only one hour of our time and we got to swim with the dolphins for free for three of us!!!!!
Swim with the dolphins is right across the street but you have to take a cab ride because it's a busy road...the cab costed $7 each way which is a little expensive but worth it!
Do the monkey tour at the resort, it's really cute, you can see the monkeys in the trees!
Snorkeling at the resort is great!!!! Do the tour its really cool. You get to see so many cool things....just don't. Step in the grassy areas there are jelly fish that sting in there....we were told that and stayed away from the grassy spots but my daughter still got stung! They have vinegar ready at all times and it just looked like a mosquito bite, but stung for a few hours.
Don't listen to the negative reviews...this place really is amazing and if you have any questions at all I would be more than glad to answer them!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This is the 1,264-room Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya. And this is where luxury meets satisfaction on a stage of stunning tropical views, a private white sand beach, and exclusive saltwater snorkeling areas. It's all capped off with an inviting traditional design, legendary Hard Rock hospitality, and undeniable excess at every turn. Live large at the Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya and enjoy the very best of paradise for all. Or, pack your appetite for opulence and hit Heaven - an elevated and exclusive retreat for adult guests only featuring a private adult beach, superlative amenities, and dining at its finest. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Prestigia, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Cove Palace Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Hard Rock Hotel Riviera Maya Mexico - Puerto Aventuras